IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

That's really surprised me as well that table. I would never of pegged the Spanish league where it is.

Also interesting the Bundeslliga is second yet their tickets are uber cheap.

I thought that too.

You could say, über cheap :)

Edited by Matt

Don't hate on the Messicans.

I don't, but I follow the league and they don't have marquee players. They don't really sign aging old stars like MLS or other leagues. It's mostly Mexican, and central and South American players who can't make it in Europe, so I don't get why they would be paid so highly, also the cost of living in Mexico is like 1/10 Europe, so they wouldn't need to pay a lot.

I don't, but I follow the league and they don't have marquee players. They don't really sign aging old stars like MLS or other leagues. It's mostly Mexican, and central and South American players who can't make it in Europe, so I don't get why they would be paid so highly, also the cost of living in Mexico is like 1/10 Europe, so they wouldn't need to pay a lot.

It was just a joke Mark ?

Whilst I have great sympathy with his family, is a minutes applause for someone nobody knows appropriate? He fell down the stairs; very sad, but these things happen every day.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30075690

I'll be expecting a twenty-one gun salute when I go (if I can just get the timing right and die at Goodison after falling from the top balcony after a late winner v Liverpool in the Europa semi-final).

Whilst I have great sympathy with his family, is a minutes applause for someone nobody knows appropriate? He fell down the stairs; very sad, but these things happen every day.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30075690

I'll be expecting a twenty-one gun salute when I go (if I can just get the timing right and die at Goodison after falling from the top balcony after a late winner v Liverpool in the Europa semi-final).

I think it's more the fact he died at the ground at a football game and the England Scotland game is the very next game after his death at the same ground to be honest.

And if you're talking about this season you're going nowhere yet :shaking fist:

More to the point, Mark, is that Dave Whelan basically stated that he sees little wrong in MacKay's comments about Jews and 'Chinks.' Having read the reports, it looks to me that Whelan simply opened his mouth before putting his brain in gear. He's hardly the most political correct or subtle individual in the world. Yes, the media are going overboard, but Whelan did rather ask for it.

It might have been wiser to steer clear of MacKay until the FA has handed down whatever punishment it decides upon.

I grew up in the era of Jimmy Hill on MOTD and Brian Moore on The Big Match. Other than the fact that MOTD was better for being on Saturday and not Sunday, there wasn't much between them.

Jimmy Hill was "expert summariser" on The Big Match before moving to present MOTD in 1972. MOTD was much better imo, even back then, you only got two matches admittedly, a "main" one and shorter (but decent length) highlights of a second one. TBM had the main game and "goal highlights" of two others; problem was that the programme was regional so in the south east, where I lived at the time, you always had a London team in the main match. Very rare that Everton were on.