IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

I've not played for a lot of years but I used to love it; never much good at it though. Had lessons in my teens and got to a "competent" level but never really progressed, just enjoyed it as a social thing.

I'm terrible at it, but I do love going to the golf course with my buddies and having a cooler of some good beer in the back of the cart.

Help me out here (BBC video so probably only viewable in the UK). "Best shots" at the Open video, about 1.50 in Sergios Garcia's shot; for the life of me, no matter how many times I watch it I can't see the ball, even in the replay. Is it just me? Are my eyes even worse than I thought?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/28391515

You dont see the ball at all after he hits it... I presume it goes straight in the hole?

Bit odd this.

"WICKET - Bell c Pankaj b Kumar 167 (Eng 526-6)

Ian Bell is a victim of England's press for quick runs as he mis-times a lofted shot down the ground - being too early on to it - and he lofts a simple catch to Pankaj Singh at mid-off. A wonderful innings - especially when you consider the circumstances of his arrival at the crease - comes to an end"

He came to the crease at 213-2, hardely crisis time :huh:. I suppose they may be talking about his lack of runs v India so far, in which case they should say so :shaking fist:.

Was saying before, I'd like to see the refs drawing a circle / line by them if they're getting crowded, try and kill off this nonsense....

Or....

Spray the whiny pricks in the face. It'll only last a couple of seconds, like Johnson's no more tears. Act like a baby, get treated like one.