IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

I gave up watching at about 10 pm. Its bad enough going to adverts every 10 minutes or so, but when you get back to the golf after the adverts and all you get are interviews and scoreboards for several minutes, when you know there is golf being played, its enough to turn you to drink - if I wasn't there already!

Think that Eagle he sunk when he was 3 behind Fowler was the turning point to be honest. Reminded me of myself on the 15th at Bootle in the Seaforth open.

Ok the last bits a lie I've only ever had one eagle and that was because the hole was playing 100 yards short on a temp green in the middle of winter. I did absolutely stiff my second about 2 foot from the flag, when I'm drunk I 'll tell you I stopped it dead right on the pin, when I'm sober (like now ) I'll tell you it stopped because it practically plugged it was that wet :D

Ok the last bits a lie I've only ever had one eagle and that was because the hole was playing 100 yards short on a temp green in the middle of winter. I did absolutely stiff my second about 2 foot from the flag, when I'm drunk I 'll tell you I stopped it dead right on the pin, when I'm sober (like now ) I'll tell you it stopped because it practically plugged it was that wet :D

:lol:

Funniest thing I ever saw on a golf course was by my elder brother. He very rarely played but on occasion he'd come out with me and a few mates on a Sunday afternoon. There was a really difficult par three on the course, steeply down hill about 160 yards with a very small green, at our level we were doing really well just to keep the ball on it. Mark took his usual ungainly swing and he just nicked the ball so it moved about two inches to the right, we just fell about laughing; he got angry and just lashed out at the ball. It flew arrow perfect and finished hanging on the lip of the hole.

Closest thing I ever saw to a "hole in one" and it was only a par three :P.

:lol:

Funniest thing I ever saw on a golf course was by my elder brother. He very rarely played but on occasion he'd come out with me and a few mates on a Sunday afternoon. There was a really difficult par three on the course, steeply down hill about 160 yards with a very small green, at our level we were doing really well just to keep the ball on it. Mark took his usual ungainly swing and he just nicked the ball so it moved about two inches to the right, we just fell about laughing; he got angry and just lashed out at the ball. It flew arrow perfect and finished hanging on the lip of the hole.

Closest thing I ever saw to a "hole in one" and it was only a par three :P.

I love playing golf but haven't played for a couple of years now, I've got a back problem and it flares up a lot when I play.

We've had some serious laughs on days out. I used to be a taxi driver and we had some of the funniest days ever on outings.

The funniest thing I ever seen was when we were playing on some really swanky course in Wales somewhere and they had spotters out following us round. One of the lads in the four ball two in front was coming back down a hole alongside us and had hit his ball into a deep copse of trees he went in and this goon is sitting in a golf buggy watching nose turned up the lot (gang of rough scousers in and all that although some of us were playing off 5 not me like) and alls you can hear is branches cracking and general rustling and out he walks absolutely bollocko naked except for a pair of socks and golf shoes ,his bag slung over his shoulder and a wedge swinging in his hand. Honest to god Mike I thought I was going to collapse with laughter he the proceeded to hit his ball he'd dropped behind the trees and marched off up the fairway arse cheeks swinging.

I'll never forget the look on that fellas face it was fucking brilliant :rofl:

I love playing golf but haven't played for a couple of years now, I've got a back problem and it flares up a lot when I play.

We've had some serious laughs on days out. I used to be a taxi driver and we had some of the funniest days ever on outings.

The funniest thing I ever seen was when we were playing on some really swanky course in Wales somewhere and they had spotters out following us round. One of the lads in the four ball two in front was coming back down a hole alongside us and had hit his ball into a deep copse of trees he went in and this goon is sitting in a golf buggy watching nose turned up the lot (gang of rough scousers in and all that although some of us were playing off 5 not me like) and alls you can hear is branches cracking and general rustling and out he walks absolutely bollocko naked except for a pair of socks and golf shoes ,his bag slung over his shoulder and a wedge swinging in his hand. Honest to god Mike I thought I was going to collapse with laughter he the proceeded to hit his ball he'd dropped behind the trees and marched off up the fairway arse cheeks swinging.

I'll never forget the look on that fellas face it was fucking brilliant :rofl:

Good one!

Can't believe Tom Watson is even considering picking Tiger Woods for the Ryder Cup.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/28744689

He's only taken fourteen and a half points from thirty three matches when he's been fit and playing well; obviously hates the format, not a team player so the US morale will definitely suffer and he'll be a liability on the course. Hope they pick him :lol:.

Can't believe Tom Watson is even considering picking Tiger Woods for the Ryder Cup.

He's only taken fourteen and a half points from thirty three matches when he's been fit and playing well; obviously hates the format, not a team player so the US morale will definitely suffer and he'll be a liability on the course. Hope they pick him :lol:.

Yep, he has never played well in the Ryder Cup. As you say he is not a team player he is all for himself.

He is always going to be considered because of his reputation when he was on blob he blew everyone out of the water nobody could get even close to him. He is probably the best golfer ever lived (I think so anyway) so that alone carries him through when to be fair he shouldn't get a look in.

Like you, I hope they pick hi. And play him in every match :)

Brilliant this, just watched it. She only lives a few miles down the road from me :). Never won a major championship gold and finally does it at forty having had her second baby less than a year ago. Lovely grounded, modest person as well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/28765536

Wish I'd watched that! I was watching when she got the bronze and was blown away.

Good one!

I dont know why either, although he does say if fit and in form so its probably just a diplomatic answer.

I would say though that his ryder cup records are probably a little better than it looks. In the singles he has a pretty decent record (4-4-1) and he is 13-14-2 overall. He was also a very good match play golfer as an amateur. In the team games he still played pretty well, but there is only so much one person can do in that format and I doubt there will be too many American golfers (given Europes recent dominance) that will have a better record.

If he is fit and in the form of old then, I agree with Watson in that he should be picked. However, that is about as likely as Marco creating a pun thread!

To be fair that could have just caught him as he was bouncing up and down with anticipation of playing. I hate the way papers take pictures like that and just slap a headline on it and assume that is what he is doing. I doubt he is that arsed about looking the tallest in a team photo I really do.