IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/14856861

How is forcing interviews of minorities helping equality? :huh:

It's not.

Same thing when they go on about there not being enough black manager's in the league's - Ince was sacked and can't get a job because he's shite, not because he's black. Chris Powell was sacked because he was failing, not because he was black. The Notts County manager (I can't think of his name!) was sacked because he was failing, not because he was black.

Does my frigging head in!

Totally against this Rooney rule, absolute nonsense.

How many black potential managers have done their badges? The answer is not many. Les Ferdinand and Jason Lee even said so.

If 5 black qualified managers applied for a job and they gave it to an under qualified white manager I would say there is an issue.

Till then take the frigging badges and stop whinging.

I work in recruitment and look at diversity very seriously from a gender, disability, sexuality, race and colour perspective. The problem is when people start looking for discrimination that really isn't there.

On the occassions where we have seen black managers get a shot the likes of Barnes, ince, tigana, and gullit have come up short.

I abhor discrimination but I really can't stand it when an issue is being raised that clearly points to a lack of black managers taking the qualifications they need to apply.

How many black potential managers have done their badges? The answer is not many. Les Ferdinand and Jason Lee even said so.

If 5 black qualified managers applied for a job and they gave it to an under qualified white manager I would say there is an issue.

I work in recruitment and look at diversity very seriously from a gender, disability, sexuality, race and colour perspective. The problem is when people start looking for discrimination that really isn't there.

On the occassions where we have seen black managers get a shot the likes of Barnes, ince, tigana, and gullit have come up short.

I abhor discrimination but I really can't stand it when an issue is being raised that clearly points to a lack of black managers taking the qualifications they need to apply.

With you a million percent on this. I could not abide racism or someone not being allowed to do something because of the colour of their skin or their creed. However the PC brigade shouting for a lack of equality for black managers when there is virtually none out there or the ones that are are not up to standard does my fucking head in.

As you say, we'll take Paul Ince for example. He lost his hob because he wasn't doing it well enough not because he is black. It winds me the fuck up it really does.

It's not.

Same thing when they go on about there not being enough black manager's in the league's - Ince was sacked and can't get a job because he's shite, not because he's black. Chris Powell was sacked because he was failing, not because he was black. The Notts County manager (I can't think of his name!) was sacked because he was failing, not because he was black.

Does my frigging head in!

exactly.

Its the same thing with having quotas for women; creates more segregation than unity and equality.

houghton from norwich got the sack as well. i'd like to see more black manager simply because they make up half the people playing the game! it just makes sense from a numbers perspective, but agree with haF that if they aren't getting their badges, you can't force a black manager into a role he/she isn't suited for.

Another one sacked for footballing reasons - he was doing a shit job!

houghton from norwich got the sack as well. i'd like to see more black manager simply because they make up half the people playing the game! it just makes sense from a numbers perspective, but agree with haF that if they aren't getting their badges, you can't force a black manager into a role he/she isn't suited for.

Strange logic Mark. I spend half my time listening to music or playing my guitar, doesn't mean I should be given an enforced "equal" opportunity with Radiohead or Mastodon.

You should get the job based on your skill set. I'm all for having a shot at an audition but if I'm not good enough I'm not good enough.

Anyone with the qualifications, regardless of sex or colour, should be given the opportunity to apply but if none of them have the skill sets to do the job then tough shit.

Strange logic Mark. I spend half my time listening to music or playing my guitar, doesn't mean I should be given an enforced "equal" opportunity with Radiohead or Mastodon.

You should get the job based on your skill set. I'm all for having a shot at an audition but if I'm not good enough I'm not good enough.

Anyone with the qualifications, regardless of sex or colour, should be given the opportunity to apply but if none of them have the skill sets to do the job then tough shit.

agreed, i'm not great with words often called a caveman (i'm 225 lbs 6'2" doesn't help either) by my co-workers. let me try again. there are a lot of black football players, so one would think if 5% (made up for my point here, no bearing) of players got their badges, it would be around 3% white, and 2% black just due to the demographic of the players playing. but this is not the case, which is why there aren't that many black managers, they don't get the badges, so it's disproportionate because of that.

my statement was more like why don't more black players go into coaching? seems a good career path.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29423048

Madness. Just shows the club are solely interested in making money, trophies are a by-product.

They must be crazy. Surely all their efforts have to be focused on getting back into Europe. Playing friendlies won't help meet that goal, will threaten their ability to perform in league games, and risk players to injury - unless they simply plan on playing a reserve team.

They must be crazy. Surely all their efforts have to be focused on getting back into Europe. Playing friendlies won't help meet that goal, will threaten their ability to perform in league games, and risk players to injury - unless they simply plan on playing a reserve team.

If they played a reserve team nobody would go to watch so they wouldn't make any money.