IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Rio Ferdinand.

"In Germany and the Netherlands a youth coach can earn £40,000 a year. It's a profession. In England the equivalent pay is £16,000. That's a hobby."

Finger on the pulse there Rio, millions of people in this country working on minimum wage for whom earning £16,000 would be far from "hobby" money, would be dreamland. That equate to £8.20 ph compared to minimum wage of £6.50. Twat.

He definitely looks more of a player than he ever did at the shite, that's for sure.

Even at Liverpool I thought he showed a bit of promise but then he would go and let himself down 5 minutes later.

I think he is a decent player and would be an asset to most teams below the 4 CL sides but he just needs to become more consistent.

Rio Ferdinand.

"In Germany and the Netherlands a youth coach can earn £40,000 a year. It's a profession. In England the equivalent pay is £16,000. That's a hobby."

Finger on the pulse there Rio, millions of people in this country working on minimum wage for whom earning £16,000 would be far from "hobby" money, would be dreamland. That equate to £8.20 ph compared to minimum wage of £6.50. Twat.

Reminds me of his comment about playing football at Christmas.... Let me find it

'While u guys around the world are out celebrating New Year spare a thought for me please...I'll be in the team hotel sleeping!! #LoveTheGame.

Edited by Hafnia

yeah the up and down is very crazy. portsmouth is in what league 1 or 2 now? wild. wolverhampton as well, they dropped quick. glad for our stability and staying up. we may not win, but DAMN proud to be the longest team in the prem.

Not quite right, we've spent more seasons in the top flight than anyone but in terms of who's been there the longest continuously we come behind Arsenal.

With you a million percent on this. I could not abide racism or someone not being allowed to do something because of the colour of their skin or their creed. However the PC brigade shouting for a lack of equality for black managers when there is virtually none out there or the ones that are are not up to standard does my fucking head in.

As you say, we'll take Paul Ince for example. He lost his hob because he wasn't doing it well enough not because he is black. It winds me the fuck up it really does.

Still dragging on this. Madness.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29484593

Still dragging on this. Madness.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29484593

A statement from the campaign group said that chairmen don't make appointments "on the notion of merit".

Because Chairmen and owners will clearly hire someone worse when the aim of the game is to win and make money? Idiots.

Edit - and if the Rooney Rule is implemented then it won't make any difference if this racism is real anyway - being forced into interviewing a black candidate (assuming one even fucking applies or has the necessary qualifications!) then the Chairman won't hire them anyway!

Edited by Romey 1878

It's getting ridiculous. So Ince and co believe that the game that made them multi millionaires due to their ability as a football player is going to blatantly ignore any element of talent at management level based on the colour of their skin?! They have been given a chance!

Let's be honest, the likes of Garth crooks, Clarke Carlisle regularly appear on TV providing punditry. If they were white they would not be seen on screen again given how poor they really are.

Race and colour is not an issue, if it was I wouldn't follow the game. Yes, you get dick heads in the crowd, that's a problem with society not football.

Do I believe that their are racist bigots in the corridors of the fa? Absolutely, can't stand that old boys network. However club chairman aren't stupid, they want the right person to spend their money and run the team. Not blow it on some idiot because he is white.

I think there may be some truth in it (because I would expect the bowlers and wicket keeper to have a closer bond than most of the other players and it may be a little cliquey) but no doubt it is over-exaggerated in order to help sell his book.

Fielders being "made" to apologise for dropped catches sounds wrong to me; why would you need to be made to do it? You just would. Dropped far more than I caught in my limited (but very enjoyable) cricket "career" but always said sorry to the bowler, needed no compulsion.

houghton from norwich got the sack as well. i'd like to see more black manager simply because they make up half the people playing the game!

It'll happen naturally.

People keep pointing out that one in three English players can be considered black or mixed race and overlooking that it'll be a decade or so before that generation of players is looking for coaching roles.

Fielders being "made" to apologise for dropped catches sounds wrong to me; why would you need to be made to do it? You just would. Dropped far more than I caught in my limited (but very enjoyable) cricket "career" but always said sorry to the bowler, needed no compulsion.

You watch Broady or Jimmy after a misfield or dropped catch. They pretty much pierce a hole in the fielder with their eyes!

Being made to apologise makes it sound quite formal but I wouldn't be surprised if they did give the fielder a bit of a bollocking straight away. I would kind of expect it if I was a top cricketer that dropped a dolly.