IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Test cricket is a step too far for Stokes. He goes after the bowling like a blacksmith and usually gives his wicket away early. His bowling (4 overs no wicket for 36) doesn't compensate. Why did Bopara only get 4 overs? He only went for 15 runs, the best of any England bowler. I agree with the comment about Cook. He plays one-dayers like a five day test match and his captaincy isn't good enough to justify his place in the team.

Tragic news.

Unbelievable that a cricketer should die. Then when you look at the speed of the balls launched then its not surprise that if one gets you on the head then its potentially fatal.

I guess what will happen is that the helmets will be redesigned to cover the exposed areas.

For me, as a non cricketer, I've never understood why bowlers do "bouncers" - the idea is to bowl at the wicket or get the batsman to take a swing that will get him caught. One flying at the head isn't an inviting ball.

Tragic news.

Unbelievable that a cricketer should die. Then when you look at the speed of the balls launched then its not surprise that if one gets you on the head then its potentially fatal.

I guess what will happen is that the helmets will be redesigned to cover the exposed areas.

For me, as a non cricketer, I've never understood why bowlers do "bouncers" - the idea is to bowl at the wicket or get the batsman to take a swing that will get him caught. One flying at the head isn't an inviting ball.

Bouncers do make batsmen take a swing that can get them out - they're often unable to control the ball and end up smacking it straight to a fielder.

Tragic news.

As Romey said , sometimes it makes a batsman swing wildly at it or hold his bat up really high in front of him in the hope it catches a glove or handle.

It's also used tounsettle the batsman. If he gets a few whizzing past his ear hole at 90 miles an hour or better still right at him so he has to literally dive out the way it un nerves him and has him on the back foot.

Cricket is a very mental game, it's all about batsmans frames of mind. You play yourself in and grow into a game. Bouncers are primarily used to scare the shot out of a batsman.

http://www.thesportbible.com/articles/manchester-city-s-multi-million-pound-training-academy-looks-incredible

Wow. Just wow. They've done a cracking job.

Well played City. Well friggin played.

Proper jel.

Brilliant isn't it. Not just that but the way they have regenerated that area is phenominal (martinez rubbing off on me there)

I was sitting next to a fella at City on Saturday who was saying he used to work in the area where all that's built for ten years and he was absolutely blown away at the way the area has been regenerated and turned around. He said it's that dramatic he's only been away 2 years and it's that different after ten years working there he can't even recognise it.

It was a really really run down and poor area of the city and now it's all shiny and new, people have jobs, there is new hope there and it's brought a whole new lease of life to the area and changed thousands of peoples lives.

Whether you like City and their owners or not, no-one can argue that they have done fabulous things for the people who live around there.

Absolute top job by all involved in my opinion.

Spot Garth's deliberate mistake...

Chelsea 1-0 Hull City

"Twice Chelsea players have dived in the first 60 minutes - first Willian and now Gary Cahill. It's disgraceful. Managers can't say what I'm about to say - it questions the integrity of the refereeing. Is he intimidated by Stramford Bridge? The ref is not being fair.

"Cahill is on a yellow card and dived - he should have got another booking for that. It's not fair. The only conclusion you can come to is because it's Chelsea.

"And it's Chris Foy, an experienced referee! And now the injustice has got the Leicester players' blood boiling. They're thinking they might as well take the law into their own hands."