Matt

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

22 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Should euthanize the jockey's that break their legs too. The "sport" would soon disappear. 

I struggle seeing animals hurt like that... I hate watching antelopes get hunted by lions on TV 

I hate watching a horse break it's leg and the barbaric way of putting a gun to it's head and shooting it doesn't sit right with me.

On the bssis that "horse people" do in fact love horses probably more than most humans I took time to read up on a few things to understand how they could put them through this if they loved them.

The answer is that horses love doing it.... they are not brainless subservient creatures - if they don't fancy it they wont do it.   They wouldn't be here either in most cases - yeah we do have wild horses but these horses are bred and given a life and treatment we could only dream of.

The euthanasia bit bothered me.... I thought it was about money.  It's actually not - the horses leg once broken is the start of a chain of events which basically is impossible to fix. It's about keeping the horse mobile...

Slings can take the weight off the feet but can cause sores and also end up compressing a horse's internal organs. Knocking a horse out so it is lying down can have the same effect and allows fluid to accumulate on the lungs causing pneumonia.

I went the zoo the other day and seen a lioness - 3 to 4 hours after seeing her first she was still pacing up and down to the exact same spot on a fence and turning round.... completely and utterly demented.  Given the chance she would probably love to be in a giant plain exposes to risks like poachers, starvation, etc. 

I struggle with horse deaths and I'm not sure where i sit on it.... I certainly don't like the gun to the head approach.... is that necessary?  What about an injection??? 

40 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I struggle seeing animals hurt like that... I hate watching antelopes get hunted by lions on TV 

I hate watching a horse break it's leg and the barbaric way of putting a gun to it's head and shooting it doesn't sit right with me.

On the bssis that "horse people" do in fact love horses probably more than most humans I took time to read up on a few things to understand how they could put them through this if they loved them.

The answer is that horses love doing it.... they are not brainless subservient creatures - if they don't fancy it they wont do it.   They wouldn't be here either in most cases - yeah we do have wild horses but these horses are bred and given a life and treatment we could only dream of.

The euthanasia bit bothered me.... I thought it was about money.  It's actually not - the horses leg once broken is the start of a chain of events which basically is impossible to fix. It's about keeping the horse mobile...

Slings can take the weight off the feet but can cause sores and also end up compressing a horse's internal organs. Knocking a horse out so it is lying down can have the same effect and allows fluid to accumulate on the lungs causing pneumonia.

I went the zoo the other day and seen a lioness - 3 to 4 hours after seeing her first she was still pacing up and down to the exact same spot on a fence and turning round.... completely and utterly demented.  Given the chance she would probably love to be in a giant plain exposes to risks like poachers, starvation, etc. 

I struggle with horse deaths and I'm not sure where i sit on it.... I certainly don't like the gun to the head approach.... is that necessary?  What about an injection??? 

Horses love running, they do not love jumping - their legs simply aren't made for it. Hence the amount that break legs.

And horses can recover from broken legs, it just costs a lot of money and time. Money and time that their owners don't want to put in because that horse is no longer making them money. They don't love horses, they love the money they bring in, and once their leg is broken it makes them much more money to turn that horse into dog food.

29 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

newcastle doing us a possible favor here, let's see if they can hold the lead.

Thought you didn’t want to finish 7th and have to play in the Europa League. 

@Joey7Barton

With regards to the alleged incident on Saturday following our game against Barnsley, I emphatically deny all the allegations made. Given this matter has not been formally closed, it would be inappropriate for me to make any further comment.

Ronnie O'Sullivan knocked out of the World Champs by the first ever amateur to qualify for the final stages😂.

I know he's probably the best player ever but he is a right dick at times.

5 hours ago, MikeO said:

Ronnie O'Sullivan knocked out of the World Champs by the first ever amateur to qualify for the final stages😂.

I know he's probably the best player ever but he is a right dick at times.

I don't think he's well... didn't look right at all after it.