IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/15/football-league-highlights-bbc-channel-5

That's disappointing because they actually do the Football League Show really well (it's much better than Match of the Day).

I agree but can see how the earlier broadcast slot would appeal. Hopefully five get some decent people to do it. Ads don't really bother me, I just start watching twenty minutes late and zap through them.

I agree but can see how the earlier broadcast slot would appeal. Hopefully five get some decent people to do it. Ads don't really bother me, I just start watching twenty minutes late and zap through them.

Yeah, I can see why they'd go with Five for it, but I have no confidence in them getting decent people to do it like you mention.

Cook is set to lose the ODI captaincy. About time. Hopefully he's out of the WC squad altogether.

They can't possibly take the captaincy off him but keep him in the squad surely? Would be absurd.

Having said that they've given the job to Morgan, who's averaged even less than Cook in the last twenty-odd matches (25.45 against 27.52). Potential match winner for sure, but hasn't done it that often recently.

They can't possibly take the captaincy off him but keep him in the squad surely? Would be absurd.

Having said that they've given the job to Morgan, who's averaged even less than Cook in the last twenty-odd matches (25.45 against 27.52). Potential match winner for sure, but hasn't done it that often recently.

The thinking with giving the captaincy to Morgan according to people in the game is that he tends to perform better when he's leading, his average shoots up to 70 or something. But he's someone I'd have dropped as well tbh.

Ched Evans affair continues to annoy me. Hartlepool are apparently possibly offering him a chance to play again, but the local MP has other ideas..

Hartlepool's Labour MP Iain Wright said Evans was a "pariah" and signing him would send the wrong message to young fans.
"I really hope we don't," said Wright. "I love my club, I love Hartlepool United. There's a reason why no other team in the Football League wants to sign him - he is a pariah.
"I was at the match today. There were lots of young lads there supporting Hartlepool United. I just think it sends out such a wrong message to young men in terms of it being OK for a rapist to play football. It's entirely wrong."

I can't get beyond the fact that he's served his time and should be allowed to resume his profession; what's the point in giving a sentence if you're going to continue to persecute beyond that? Just as well give everyone life.

Ched Evans affair continues to annoy me. Hartlepool are apparently possibly offering him a chance to play again, but the local MP has other ideas..

Hartlepool's Labour MP Iain Wright said Evans was a "pariah" and signing him would send the wrong message to young fans.

"I really hope we don't," said Wright. "I love my club, I love Hartlepool United. There's a reason why no other team in the Football League wants to sign him - he is a pariah.

"I was at the match today. There were lots of young lads there supporting Hartlepool United. I just think it sends out such a wrong message to young men in terms of it being OK for a rapist to play football. It's entirely wrong."

I can't get beyond the fact that he's served his time and should be allowed to resume his profession; what's the point in giving a sentence if you're going to continue to persecute beyond that? Just as well give everyone life.

it's the same over here mike. but the politicians don't get involved it's just the media. and the teams will never sign those players because their marketing and PR departments don't want to deal with all the bad press involved. sad really.

"...the BBC understands his injuries are not life threatening."

Hopefully OK. Pedestrian on a dual carriageway with a history of depression and suicidal thoughts though?

Very sad that people can go to that place, Gary Speed case in point.

I just assumed he was driving at the time, didn't realise he was a pedestrian!