IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Clearly there is a need to seperate the elements, not because they played for us. Duncan was found over the limit also. However his imprisonment for a nudge with his head was ridiculous (read up on the fisherman as well).

The two of them are criminals and you said, "...any person in a position of trust or esteem should noty be employed if they are criminals."

What "elements" need separating?

The two of them are criminals and you said, "...any person in a position of trust or esteem should noty be employed if they are criminals."

What "elements" need separating?

Well lets discuss...

For me something that you may not receive a custodial sentance for is open to debate.

Tax avoidance, assault, drink driving, fraud, kinda the things that you may get community service / fine.

Rape and killing people? Think that's on a different level. For me it is.

That's fine now you've clarified. But it wasn't what you said.

Who makes the distinction then? Judge maybe looks at career to date, offence committed, sentence length (or fine level), previous character, level of public recognition, income level, how close eyebrows are together and then comes up with a list of acceptable jobs. Except the person in question won't be allowed to get too good at the job in case he gets promoted and sets a good example to too many people and ends up back in the public eye where he doesn't deserve to be.

Unworkable.

My favourite cup upset of all time...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30579607

I remember this. My dad would watch the wrestling every Saturday on ITV, and they would show latest scores at the bottom of the TV. In sequence, it was 1-0 to Colchester, then 2-0, then 3-0. Then those cheering the underdogs were getting nervous: 3-1 and 3-2. When the score was announced during the 5pm results, it was amazing to see. Leeds at the time were at the top of their form, one of the best teams in England.

Junior Malanda has died in a Car Crash :(

20 year old, Wolfsburg player, incredibly talented. Died in the backseat of a friends car. Bad weather and excessive speed.

Such a shame.

I hate to hear that. you could tell he was going to be a regular on Belgium team in the future. Such a damn shame.

And this is why Roy Hodgson should not in charge of our national side.

Ballon d'Or votes (In order 1st - 3rd); "2014 Roy Hodgson: Javier Mascherano, Philipp Lahm, Manuel Neuer."

Was about to post that - absolute buffoon of the highest order. Smacks of a lower level footballer with an inferiority complex, probably got nut meeged too many times. Too late for Barkley to change his nationality now.

What I find infantile is that neither Messi or Ronaldo ranked the other in the top three, same as they didn't last year.

The top 3 should have been - Ronaldo, Messi, Kroos IMO

1st and 2nd pick themselves, only a smart alec who needs to be different would say otherwise.

Roy Hodsgon is like the music snob who refuses to accept that ABBA ever made at least 2-3 great songs. Choosing instead to vote "Peter, Bjorn and John" as the most influential band to come out of Sweden - just because he knows who they are and 80% of people who vote don't - making him considerably better than them... (in his opinion).

Go Green Bay! 13-0, but it should be more.

Edit: 16-0 at half time, Seattle have been awful (to my untrained eye) but a way to go yet.

Incredible game, apparently I'm the only guy watching. Green Bay 1/500 to win at one point now Seattle ahead with thirty seconds to go. Been great whatever the result.

Fair play to the Bristol Rovers fans, not a short journey either; hundred miles plus.

Fans turned away from Conference game

17:41

It's not often that Conference games are sell-outs but it's emerged that around 200 Bristol Rovers fans were locked out of the club's match at Woking on Saturday because the away end was over capacity.

The Chris Lane Terrace at the Kingfield Stadium holds 1,800 fans, but more than 2,000 Pirates supporters made the trip.

_80358399_roversfans1.jpg

"You can only have a certain number in the ground otherwise you get in trouble with the licensing authorities," said Woking spokesperson John Moore.

Rovers were relegated to non-league for the first time in their history last May, but are currently second in the Conference standings.

A journey I've done countless times when I was living in London/Surrey with family in Bristol/Bath/Somerset. Done it with my eyes closed in fact (on a National Express bus admittedly).

In the 1980's I did a long consultancy job for a firm in Bristol. Drove daily from Maidenhead to Bristol for several months. About 1,000 miles per week.