Matt

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

8 minutes ago, MikeO said:

VAR has one official making the decision does it not? If there needs to be a tech guy in the same room (though I don't see why there would need to be) I'm sure they could safely distance themselves from each other.

There's no mention at all of roll on/roll off basketball style subs so don't know how you read that into it and we don't need to "minimise" injuries; if the players are at increased risk from injury and thus potentially needing the NHS the matches should simply not be played.

This is about people dying, fuck football.

Which is exactly what I've said twice on this forum in other threads, I was simply answering the questions that you'd asked earlier after misunderstanding/not reading the article that was posted. 

Glad we are in agreement.

I’m amazed and disgusted that there’s not a petition going around, at least that I’ve seen, to block it all. The Brexit petition rightly got created and millions of people to sign in days.
I’ll try to create one now that I think of it, but last time I was blocked because of residency/lack of acknowledgement of existence by my homeland so I’ve not tried for a while. 

18 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Which is exactly what I've said twice on this forum in other threads, I was simply answering the questions that you'd asked earlier after misunderstanding/not reading the article that was posted. 

Glad we are in agreement.

I'm glad we're in agreement too but I still don't get how I misunderstood/didn't read the article, can you tell me (for example) the bit where it mentions roll-on/roll-off subs? Or indeed social distancing problems in Stockley Park?

Edit: re-reading I do see that they mention the problem of VAR officials in small rooms but it's still easily avoided.

8 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I'm glad we're in agreement too but I still don't get how I misunderstood/didn't read the article, can you tell me (for example) the bit where it mentions roll-on/roll-off subs? Or indeed social distancing problems in Stockley Park?

I really can't be arsed to debate with an obnoxious person like yourself, which is why I wasn't going to respond in the first place but saw you'd asked two questions so thought I'd give my thoughts. 

The roll on/roll off substitution statement was an extension of the point I was making about high-risk injuries coming as a result of players going from zero games to a tight schedule in such a short space of time, this has been raised by many players (most recently KDB and is rightfully being brought up in any discussions surrounding 'Project Restart').

The social distancing aspect of the post is all over the internet, in the article and doesn't take a genius to work out. A room filled with multiple people is no different to a pub or restaurant and as it hasn't been part of football since the sport began until 2018/19 it makes sense to temporarily suspend it. 

I hope this answers your questions sufficiently, however note that I'll be leaving this discussion here. It also doesn't take a genius to work out why this forum is so quiet (when others continue to prosper) when you have staff that interact on a daily basis in such a laughable manner to any opinions or post that differ from their own. 

8 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I really can't be arsed to debate with an obnoxious person like yourself, which is why I wasn't going to respond in the first place but saw you'd asked two questions so thought I'd give my thoughts. 

The roll on/roll off substitution statement was an extension of the point I was making about high-risk injuries coming as a result of players going from zero games to a tight schedule in such a short space of time, this has been raised by many players (most recently KDB and is rightfully being brought up in any discussions surrounding 'Project Restart').

The social distancing aspect of the post is all over the internet, in the article and doesn't take a genius to work out. A room filled with multiple people is no different to a pub or restaurant and as it hasn't been part of football since the sport began until 2018/19 it makes sense to temporarily suspend it. 

I hope this answers your questions sufficiently, however note that I'll be leaving this discussion here. It also doesn't take a genius to work out why this forum is so quiet (when others continue to prosper) when you have staff that interact on a daily basis in such a laughable manner to any opinions or post that differ from their own. 

:huh:Love you too.

as many of us has said, they will finish at any cost due to money money money and money.  all they care about.  they can market it and say whatever they want, we all know the real reason behind it.  they should just abandon/call it finished and focus on starting in august.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

I’m amazed and disgusted that there’s not a petition going around, at least that I’ve seen, to block it all. The Brexit petition rightly got created and millions of people to sign in days.
I’ll try to create one now that I think of it, but last time I was blocked because of residency/lack of acknowledgement of existence by my homeland so I’ve not tried for a while. 

I think the reason that there''s not a petition going around is that people saw what a waste of time the Brexit petition was.

1 minute ago, johnh said:

I think the reason that there''s not a petition going around is that people saw what a waste of time the Brexit petition was.

The power of internet (while not petitions per se) resulted in wonderful outcomes for Captain Tom and Speedo Mick; I won't disagree that the Brexit one was moot because the decision was already made but people were still allowed to to make a protest.

11 hours ago, johnh said:

The point was that it allowed people to speak up against something they disagreed with. I wasn’t talking about the politics part of it, I meant more that it was a good way for 6 million people to protest. The same method could and should be used in this case

8 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Here’s an interesting analysis of big trends in modern football.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2020/may/30/bundesliga-pressing-tactical-forefront-germany-jonathan-wilson

There are many posters here on TT who could comment — some undoubtedly providing support for and others critical of — Wilson’s thesis.

I didn't bother watching the second half that's how good the quality was first half. The quality of German football has dropped dramatically in the last 5 years. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

I didn't bother watching the second half that's how good the quality was first half. The quality of German football has dropped dramatically in the last 5 years. 

Has the quality dropped, in your view, because what the author sees as strengths of Bayern, Dortmund, and various German managers, you see as weaknesses?

56 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Has the quality dropped, in your view, because what the author sees as strengths of Bayern, Dortmund, and various German managers, you see as weaknesses?

For me German football lacks severely in quality players and leaves far too much space to exploit. 

I'd expect a journalist to comment more on the lack of fans and the effect of that in the football. But he only sort of touches on it, but brushes it under the carpet as lack of fitness levels. Which is odd that he then goes on to say how good this German football is. 

He doesn't really say what this German football is beyond pressing either. Think it's just a fluff piece to keep himself in a job, whilst also blowing smoke up Liverpool arse and advocating that football should be played. 

I started to read it but couldn’t really understand his point of view, or what he was trying to convey so didn’t finish it. 
Football has changed immensely since I started watching it, which for me is less to do with systems but more to do with players, the laws of the game and the surfaces they play on.

It has become a game based more on fitness than ability of the individuals in a lot of ways.