IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

My god....watching the superbowl...Christina Aguilera singing the national anthem. Straight out of the Simpsons.

Do these people compete to perform the most laughable version ever (and during it cut to American forces in Afghanistan to much crowd hysteria)?

Michael Douglas tugs some more strings and then they have five "hall of famers" at the coin toss ceremony ffs :mellow: .

Just plain strange.

My god....watching the superbowl...Christina Aguilera singing the national anthem. Straight out of the Simpsons.

Do these people compete to perform the most laughable version ever (and during it cut to American forces in Afghanistan to much crowd hysteria)?

Michael Douglas tugs some more strings and then they have five "hall of famers" at the coin toss ceremony ffs :mellow: .

Just plain strange.

Fergie at the half-time show was even worse.. she sang(yelled) like she was pregnant. :blink: Usher saved that show.

As for Aguilera, she looked... a little nasty. I was at a Super Bowl party at the time, and nobody would quit talking about how nasty she looked to actully listen to her!

First SuperBowl I've ever watched, it wasn't too bad. It felt a little dragged out, I don't see how it should take 30-40mins to play a 14minute quarter.

Also what's the point in using a clock if you're not going to run it down to 0 come the end of the quarter?

Black Eyed Peas sounded terrible.. the light show was excellent though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1354316/Jack-Wilshere-unlikely-face-FA-charge-Twitter-rant.html

thats what we like to see, consistency!

As for the Superbowl, didnt stay up to watch it. There are only 3 things I dont like about American football I dont like. 1 - theres no real FOOT work, except a kick 2-3 times a quarter. 2 - The amount of padding is stupid. If rugby players can beat each other senseless and walk away, so can those lumps. 3 - Adverts, which is why a quarter lasts twice as long.

Christina Aguilera got the words wrong apparently :rofl: .

And Groupon (whoever or whatever they are :unsure: ) screwed up also.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/richard-adams-blog/2011/feb/07/christina-aguilera-super-bowl-groupon-national-anthem

Black Eyed Peas were let down by the sound people.....not their fault I don't think....at times you could barely hear the backing track.

First SuperBowl I've ever watched, it wasn't too bad. It felt a little dragged out, I don't see how it should take 30-40mins to play a 14minute quarter.

Also what's the point in using a clock if you're not going to run it down to 0 come the end of the quarter?

Black Eyed Peas sounded terrible.. the light show was excellent though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1354316/Jack-Wilshere-unlikely-face-FA-charge-Twitter-rant.html

thats what we like to see, consistency!

As for the Superbowl, didnt stay up to watch it. There are only 3 things I dont like about American football I dont like. 1 - theres no real FOOT work, except a kick 2-3 times a quarter. 2 - The amount of padding is stupid. If rugby players can beat each other senseless and walk away, so can those lumps. 3 - Adverts, which is why a quarter lasts twice as long.

Correct me if I'm wrong... But you fellas didn't see the American commercials, did you? If not, then you must! I had no rooting interest in the game last night but i was all ear for the commercials. Companies pay millions and millions to make an awesome ad and then more to get it during the Superbowl. YouTube 'super bowl commercials' and you'll surely be kept entertained for a while.

As for the other non-super bowl games that have just normal commercials, I completely agree with you. Ever since I've discovered football(soccer), that's one thing I've always loved...no commercials!(except for halftime of course) I love Am. Football/basketball but now that I've become more of football guy I have become spoiled with the limited amount of commercials.

Correct me if I'm wrong... But you fellas didn't see the American commercials, did you? If not, then you must! I had no rooting interest in the game last night but i was all ear for the commercials. Companies pay millions and millions to make an awesome ad and then more to get it during the Superbowl. YouTube 'super bowl commercials' and you'll surely be kept entertained for a while.

As for the other non-super bowl games that have just normal commercials, I completely agree with you. Ever since I've discovered football(soccer), that's one thing I've always loved...no commercials!(except for halftime of course) I love Am. Football/basketball but now that I've become more of football guy I have become spoiled with the limited amount of commercials.

To be honest, I watched college football when i was over with the in-laws, couple of bowl games but that was about it. Wasnt fussed on the pro stuff.

The ads can be funny but you usually get all the adverts in the 1st quarter!