IGNORED

Kenwright: True Blue Or Epic Swindler?

Romey 1878

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the fact that one of his first criticisms of Bill is him...

"... suddenly giving interviews and issuing press releases to all and sundry..."

...when if he hadn't then the criticism would have been along the lines of...

"...and of course Kenwright is his usual silent self when things are going badly."

Classic lose/lose.

I'll read the rest of it but when the guys intentions and prejudices are so apparent so early it does make me sad.

One of the questions I always wonder about is this..... That Peter Lim chap offered shed loads for Liverpool....and they didn't even respond because of the NESV stuff.

Now why doesn't someone from EFC go to Lim and say something like:

"We know you were rejected by them, we are cheaper to buy and practically on the same footing in terms of potential and playing staff. Put your money to us, and lets prove them wrong for turning you down!?"

I know it sounds like we are second choice.... but so far NO ONE has put money to us.

What do you guys think?!

I actually found that piece to be very well written, I don't necessarily agree with everything in it .

I don't condone the use in parts of unsubstantiated rumours, but I would say that it should be read in full and with as open a mind as possible.

What was he supposed to do? He's giving his opinion on why he wants BK out, he's hardly going to say but I think he's a very, very nice man.

Fair enough, but going back to my first post in this, he's criticizing BK for talking to the press, when you just know that he'd be criticizing him for being silent had he not spoken to them.

Got no issue with him having his opinion, but I'm just saying that he's not written that piece with an open mind so why should I (or anyone) be expected to read it that way.

It's like a party political piece, you listen to it but you have to keep in mind where they're coming from and what their agenda is.

It's a one-eyed rant, a well written and plausible rant, but a rant nonetheless.

Mike, I have never been a Kenwright basher nor one who will defend him to the hilt, but one thing that cannot be denied is that the club is currently in a fairly precarious financial position albeit not as bad as some.

Although Colin is well known to be firmly in the "basher" camp, it would be naive to totally ignore all the points raised in that article.

I am not setting out to condone or condemn Bill, but there is enough in there to make me really think about what the future holds for this club.

Fair enough, but going back to my first post in this, he's criticizing BK for talking to the press, when you just know that he'd be criticizing him for being silent had he not spoken to them.

Got no issue with him having his opinion, but I'm just saying that he's not written that piece with an open mind so why should I (or anyone) be expected to read it that way.

It's like a party political piece, you listen to it but you have to keep in mind where they're coming from and what their agenda is.

It's a one-eyed rant, a well written and plausible rant, but a rant nonetheless.

It's the same with any piece on this issue though. BK supporters are just as blind in refusing to acknowledge the many mistakes he's made as the BK "bashers" are of giving him any credit. It's just the way things are.

Mike, I have never been a Kenwright basher nor one who will defend him to the hilt, but one thing that cannot be denied is that the club is currently in a fairly precarious financial position albeit not as bad as some.

Although Colin is well known to be firmly in the "basher" camp, it would be naive to totally ignore all the points raised in that article.

I am not setting out to condone or condemn Bill, but there is enough in there to make me really think about what the future holds for this club.

It's the same with any piece on this issue though. BK supporters are just as blind in refusing to acknowledge the many mistakes he's made as the BK "bashers" are of giving him any credit. It's just the way things are.

Wouldn't disagree with either of those.

This made me wonder why BK doesn't push for a sale or finding a buyer. If he has no money to spare then he should definitely push for a suitable buyer so Moyes can get the transfer funds to improve us. I mean if Man City could find one at the state that they were in the why cant we :/

:huh: WoW I wonder why BK hasnt thought about that before now!

Unfortunately for BK this is a very emotive subject. There seems to be two camps. You are either for BK or against him, there doesn't seem to be any middle ground. As Iggy stated it has to be with an open mind. I am afraid I found the article written in a closed mind fashion, (just my opinion as to the way it was written) However, I am willing to admit, if proven, that BK has made a mess of things, for now though I don't think he has. I believe BK has done and continues to do his best for the club.

No I don't know why he has not found a *good* buyer for the club, although there may be many arguments as to why this is, but he has the passion for the club that many of us as fans also have, so I really wish folks would lay off this type of argument.

We know he doesn't have a lot of money, we know he is a fan of the club. So lets leave it at that until something actually happens and get behind the club. Everton needs all the support it can get at the moment and in fighting doesn't really help the cause much, no matter who is right.

This made me wonder why BK doesn't push for a sale or finding a buyer. If he has no money to spare then he should definitely push for a suitable buyer so Moyes can get the transfer funds to improve us. I mean if Man City could find one at the state that they were in the why cant we :/

you'd want that? really? they can get bored at any minute and walk off..when it's just a play thing and means nothing to them then it is dangerous for the club! when they leave city they will leave them with a wage bill they can't pay and players who they can't sell because of the wages..i was annoyed as anyone about not spending money this season but if it means we avoid dodgy owners etc then i'm happy to take the long road!

with the UEFA rules heading our way basically saying teams have to play within their means, sugardaddies wont help. What will help is a strong squad tied down to long contracts so there is some stability.

why does that sound so familiar?

Outstanding piece, many may disagree but there is so much content that apologists need to discredit till you get to the point where you ask yourself, "why do we need to spend so much time justifying this mans tenure and status?" - "Nil Satis Nisi Optimum" has become tired. It's a decoration, something we used to believe. "Peoples club" is sadly more appropriate, in a way of saying "yep, Marks and Spencers is where the nice food is at, but Aldi do fruit for 59p"

When Kenwright reviews his time at the club, can he honestly say he was a good Chairman? I don't think he can. I would love for him to have a moral victory that will endear him to his fiercest critics, i.e securing a sale that would transform our fortunes.

Would Bill stand up and be successful in an Apprentice style bun fight? I think not. His tenure unfortunately is a story of missed opportunities. Not going into them, the piece highlights most of them adequately. He would likely point to David Moyes as the reason he should stay in, or the fact that he made himself teamleaders when no one else would etc etc. In the end he would likely be given the boot with comments such as "Hot air" "lies", "talk the talk".

In the end we need to remind ourselves that the club is ours - the fans. Whilst Liverpool have had to publically fend off bulldozers in order to get themselves a better future, we are still being chipped away at brick by brick out of the limelight. Liverpool are trying to swim, they nearly drowned recently, but they will soon be swimming again, for us, we are forever treading water, trying to kid ourselves that we can win a race this way.

The best thing Bill could do for us is to sell us to an owner of integrity.

The best thing Bill could do for us is to sell us to an owner of integrity.

like??

it's all well and good people saying he should sell us etc but to who? i don't want just anyone running this club..people keep goin on about how kenwright should sell but alternatives don't often get mentioned from what i see

like??

it's all well and good people saying he should sell us etc but to who? i don't want just anyone running this club..people keep goin on about how kenwright should sell but alternatives don't often get mentioned from what i see

And so we end up back in 2004. His 24/7 search has seen absolutely zilch. Owners of integrity are in existence, the unfortunate greed of some does not excuse him the fact that he has failed to find a buyer. 6 years on, the same questions are being asked. Unless any of us are privvy to inside knowledge, how are we to know who has or is interested, and unless we are able to carry out due diligence how would we know the ability to fund the club.

All I know is a net spend of next to nothing in his time has cost us our ability to kick on. Just keep reading the kings dock episode, gross mismanagement on a massive scale, people can talk about the Europe ban as much as they want, for me kings dock is the one big missed opportunity in the history of the club.

And so we end up back in 2004. His 24/7 search has seen absolutely zilch. Owners of integrity are in existence, the unfortunate greed of some does not excuse him the fact that he has failed to find a buyer. 6 years on, the same questions are being asked. Unless any of us are privvy to inside knowledge, how are we to know who has or is interested, and unless we are able to carry out due diligence how would we know the ability to fund the club.

All I know is a net spend of next to nothing in his time has cost us our ability to kick on. Just keep reading the kings dock episode, gross mismanagement on a massive scale, people can talk about the Europe ban as much as they want, for me kings dock is the one big missed opportunity in the history of the club.

As you say none of us are privvy to any inside information so how do you know that BK isnt telling the truth about his attempts to find investors for the club?

Also can you honestly tell me that the club has not moved forward in any way since the days of Peter Johnson?

You are far to quick to condem Kenwright and I think it is ridiculous that you can make out that he has been a failure as a Chairman all I can say is you are either too young to remember the last regime or you are suffering from amnesia.

Its fair enough people questioning wether or not he can take us any further but to just dismiss what he has done for the club is ludricous

He was a part of that previous regime though Dunc, something I didn't know until that article.

Yes he was a board member but Johnson's regime was very autocratic and that was part of the reason BK was so desperate to get him out.

Its not as if he went along with everything Johnson was doing,in fact he regularly had big fall outs with him

Yes he was a board member but Johnson's regime was very autocratic and that was part of the reason BK was so desperate to get him out.

Its not as if he went along with everything Johnson was doing,in fact he regularly had big fall outs with him

Fair enough. Back then I only really followed us in terms of what happened on the pitch, I didn't take any notice of the off field crap.