IGNORED

Mobile Phones

MikeO

Going to get Josh a new one for Christmas but I really don't know much about the latest ones (controversially I use my aged one only for making telephone calls :o ).

Don't want to spend a fortune but I want to get him something quite clever and thought of this.

Decent? Or anyone know of a good place for bargains?

You were all very helpful when I got him an MP4 so I thought I'd tap into the huge techno-knowledge pool that is TT for help once again :D .

Whilst it's not exactly an iphone I do know several (happy) people who own one, this site gives you a good idea on latest prices for contract and PAYG.

http://www.best-mobile-contracts.co.uk/phones/LG-GS290.aspx

Thanks people. Found this one via that site Iggy which looks decent also :) .

Came across this reading the reviews which made me laugh...

"Stylish and good loking, the qwerty keyboard makes tecting so much easier..." :lol:

Exactly....I'd happily have one of those for myself though Bill (my current one was a bit of an extravagance at £17.95).

Yeah I'm the same, i spent about £20 quid on a cheap LG a couple of years ago so i might upgrade to that E1120, or i might go mad and treat myself to the E1170 for £7.95 with a choice of network providers. :P

And delivered to your door. :o

How often does Josh use the phone Mike?

Avg texts/phone calls a month (roughly)?

Very little (as a phone) at the moment but I'm guessing it'll increase in the near future as he gets more independent and starts doing stuff for himself....he's more of a gadget freak at the mo so extras are quite important (camera, video, mp3/4, games etc).

Mine's an LG as well Bill, top it up by about £5 every three or four months :P .

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

you sure Mike, found a bargain one on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item1e60652ffc

edit: ive got a reasonably new phone (only 6 months old) Song Ericsson something or other, not a smart phone but its alright. That was until monday when it suddenly decided that i can only here it with the hands free kit in or on loudspeaker. little bit pissed off. I really want a HTC or samsung galaxy thingy but just cant afford them.

Edited by Matt

The two Ronnies were great. Loved the "fork handles" sketch

Can remember that being shown for the first time :unsure: . Absolute classic.

Two Ronnies were hit and miss for me....loved the sketches and Barker's bits but the musical numbers & Corbett's monologue did nothing for me.

Was a Morcambe and Wise man (boy).