IGNORED

Bilyaletdinov

He didnt cover himself with much glory no he should have scored at least one goal espeically with his shooting ability. I dont understand the logic of Moyes dropping Coleman as he has been one of our best outlets, unless Coleman was rested?

Anyway agree time is ticking on Billy but unless we get good money for him i wouldnt sell in Jan unless it was to replace him with Landon or another right winger with some PACE which was lacking again last night.

He's been given fuck all time of late, but in my opinion he's looking much fitter, yes he gets pushed off the ball, other plays have had that issue too but with bulking up should come good.

He looked puffed in the first season after 30mins, atleast he looked ok yesterday with the fitness aspect.

He needs to be trained to shoot/cross/pass instinctively with the right foot, too many times yesterday he wanted to always get it on the left... I too think he needs to be moved more centrally, behind and to the right of the striker.

I think saying he's played out of position is clutching at straws myself....he's been piss-poor and he's not going to suddenly become a world beater by being shifted twenty yards infield.

Ossie's not a winger, Anichebe's not a winger, Arteta's not a winger but when they play there, even if they're not supremely effective, you can see that they have ability and can play the game. Bily's offered no evidence of that....that's a bit harsh....he's offered virtually no evidence.

Was so excited when we signed him, but he's just been a huge let-down.

I think saying he's played out of position is clutching at straws myself....he's been piss-poor and he's not going to suddenly become a world beater by being shifted twenty yards infield.

Ossie's not a winger, Anichebe's not a winger, Arteta's not a winger but when they play there, even if they're not supremely effective, you can see that they have ability and can play the game. Bily's offered no evidence of that....that's a bit harsh....he's offered virtually no evidence.

Couldnt agree more!

That all makes perfect sense but I do genuinely believe that he'd be a completely different player, an exciting player, in a more suitable position. It's just a gut feeling. But I don't think we'll ever get to see if that would be the case.

if bily is going to play can we please let him take set pieces instead of arteta or baines, i remember on his debut in the europa league he took a few set pieces and all led to a goal or very close to a goal, artetas corners have been beyond shite, hits first man or clears the last man every time he hits it

as for bily hes clearly uncomfortable on the wing although I cant see him being at all effective in centre mid where he can get pushed off the ball and leave us exposed, but playing off a striker might be a good spot for him.

unfortunately the system moyes likes to play of lumping the ball from centre back for cahill to flick on might not be as effective with big man bily as the target!

this game you mean? corners are beauties!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJjog5o37Y8

i'm with romey on this...there's summat about him that i like and it makes me believe he will come good played right!

edit: another point...he still scored 7 goals for us last year despite everyone sayin how shite he was

Edited by marcopaulo

Be a great 5 a side player. In all seriousness he is never likely to become a central player as he lacks physical strength or athleticism. Tidy enough but that aint it in our league. He's a player who would do well in the Italian league. Be interesting to see him after getting a bit of weight on with a little hunger, never gonna happen, doesn't have enough heart for me.

MikeO, on 11 Nov 2010 - 13:23, said:

Couldnt agree more!

I'm with these 2, Bily shows glimpses of what he can do but we can't afford to accommodate a "luxury" player in our team.

Time to go (January) and I wish him well in anticipation and hope.

Edited by iggy

I think people are very quick to jump on his back when he has an average game and you can visibly see he lacks confidence. So far he hasnt been good enough and I wouldnt be disappointed if he was sold on. There are signs of class and he does a lot of defensive work that he doesnt get credit for but he has to show more than that.

I would personally give him 4-5 games to get his act together, if not he goes. I would be tempted to say to him that he will have 60 mins in each game before being replaced, so he has no excuse not to bust his arse for the hour he is on. I too would prefer him to play more centrally but it wont happen and in reality we can use him to play off the striker from the right (like we did with Vic) and get the full back to be our wide outlet.

My concern is his value, not worth anywhere near what we paid. £11m is gonna see a loss, be lucky to get £7m for him. Still.... Pool the money we could get from selling mr bayern Munich, man city come get me as I've played in the world cup final and can't be arsed anymore. We could get £15m for him, leaves a tidy £20m to work with.

Pro Bily here. We simply don’t have enough players with that kind of guile / class. Moyes saw enough in him to bring him here; his job to get it out. You have got to get Bily in striking range of goal (his left foot is as sweet as Sheedy’s was) – therefore no point on left hand side. We’re not exactly scoring loads, so I agree with those saying push him forward. Give him a few games in a floating, forward role, see what he can do; let him take set-pieces. I’m with Romey and Marco on this. The clips of him don’t lie; he has ability. Moyes has to be brave (but we’ve all been saying that a la formation / Coleman / playing two forwards ad infinitum).

Its a load of crap to say someone is too lightweight. Look at the best player in the world. Arnold Schwarzenegger he ain't

most players are around 11 stone ish. The fact is he is weak. Messi is light but has a low centre of gravity so he can utilise what mass he hass effectively, tim Cahill is no monster but look at the way ge roughed up vidic. Pienaar for his size will take knocks, stabilise with balance and keep the ball. The problem with billy is that he is has no bulk, has no grit, his balance is not the best. The other night he fell after the slightest nudge, lost the ball and Bolton went on an attack and nearly scored.

The main factor that concerns me about him is that he has no mental or physical tenacity, you see players with it and the ones who don't have it stick out like a sore thumb. Forget technique, you need to earn the right to play. To add to that you never see him beat a man. I don't see an £11m footballer I'm afraid. Trust me, I wish I did.

most players are around 11 stone ish. The fact is he is weak. Messi is light but has a low centre of gravity so he can utilise what mass he hass effectively, tim Cahill is no monster but look at the way ge roughed up vidic. Pienaar for his size will take knocks, stabilise with balance and keep the ball. The problem with billy is that he is has no bulk, has no grit, his balance is not the best. The other night he fell after the slightest nudge, lost the ball and Bolton went on an attack and nearly scored.

The main factor that concerns me about him is that he has no mental or physical tenacity, you see players with it and the ones who don't have it stick out like a sore thumb. Forget technique, you need to earn the right to play. To add to that you never see him beat a man. I don't see an £11m footballer I'm afraid. Trust me, I wish I did.

This

He also looks so lost a lot of the time. He needs to take a leaf out of Ossies book.

Osman looks lost when he plays on the right, but always has a go and he always takes his chance when played in his correct position

My concern is his value, not worth anywhere near what we paid. £11m is gonna see a loss, be lucky to get £7m for him. Still.... Pool the money we could get from selling mr bayern Munich, man city come get me as I've played in the world cup final and can't be arsed anymore. We could get £15m for him, leaves a tidy £20m to work with.

I thought we paid £9million for him?

Edited by Romey 1878

I thought we paid £9million for him?

Bilyaletdinov signed a four-year contract with English club Everton in August 2009 for an undisclosed fee believed to be £8.9 million on a recommendation from national team manager Guus Hiddink, who was at Chelsea at that time. :)

Bilyaletdinov signed a four-year contract with English club Everton in August 2009 for an undisclosed fee – believed to be £8.9 million – on a recommendation from national team manager Guus Hiddink, who was at Chelsea at that time. :)

Makes me feel a little better. One things that makes me feel worse in Van Der Vart cost £8m

If he can't play wide (which it looks as tho he can't), I really don't see a place in our set up for billy. I can't see him in the Cahill role, Cahills role off the ball is almost as important as his goal scoring ability, when we don't have possession he is constantly pressing, limiting the oppostions time on the ball which is so important to the way we play. Can we really see Billy doing something like that? And I just don't think he has the creative vision, composure or physical presence to play in CM in the premier and certainly not to display the likes of spud, felliani and rodwell.

Its unfortunate becuase I think he has as sweet a left peg as anyone in the league, if we were in a better financial position he would be a great player to bring off the bench when the oppostion has shut a shop and we need a goal from distance. But in reality we can't afford to have a £5M+ assest on the bench.

If he can't play wide (which it looks as tho he can't), I really don't see a place in our set up for billy. I can't see him in the Cahill role, Cahills role off the ball is almost as important as his goal scoring ability, when we don't have possession he is constantly pressing, limiting the oppostions time on the ball which is so important to the way we play. Can we really see Billy doing something like that? And I just don't think he has the creative vision, composure or physical presence to play in CM in the premier and certainly not to display the likes of spud, felliani and rodwell.

If Bily was played behind the striker then I wouldn't be expecting him to play at all like Cahill does behind the striker. Bily playing there would offer us something different.

He wouldn't win flick ons and pressurise the defence. But what he would do is provide a link between the midfield and the forward, something which Cahill doesn't do very well. He'd offer us the ability to shoot from distance. He'd offer us a bit of trickery up top and maybe he'd be able to find that little pass in a tricky situation to put the striker through. Something which we lack in abundance.

Just because he'd be playing behind the striker doesn't mean he should play like Cahill. Cahill is a limited player but nobody does what he does better. But that doesn't mean there isn't another way of playing effectively behind the striker.