IGNORED

Im Not An Alcoholic...!

Pat

Full Story....

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/index.php?page_id=10257

Toffeeweb....

http://www.toffeeweb.com/

''I'm not an alcoholic''

Andy van der Meyde has spoken to the Football Echo to dispell the rumours about his, er, 'social habits'. "I'm not an alcoholic," says the Dutch winger in response to rumbings

"If 1 thing aint true in life & sport it is that" - " Mud Sticks".

Would Imagine by default all the ADVM thories will be put to bed as this public even of a non guilt expose will head any inflated theories south, whilst perhaps reducing any former interest?

By default the rumour mill may well leave Andy Pandy on the pay roll.

sorry pat i like my drink and drink a bit down the dock (albert dock) and seen him twice down there dinkin during the week (only when i've been with her when see has let melol) but he has been there

but that is all i'm saying

1st thing is i like a drink but i think he could pos be my new best mate lol

all i'm saying is i've seen him down the dock but yet

i've seen many a player down there but yet i have seen him twice there drinkin mid week.....

but yet i could say the same thng about steve watson so that says something

so u have to take things with a pinch of salt coz how often have any of us been out when we have had work the next day how can we footy players cant do it

just because they train 24/7 doesn't mean they cant blow off steam when they want.....???????

Jon-webby said.......just because they train 24/7 doesn't mean they cant blow off steam when they want.....???????

But if it interferes with the ability to do your job properly, then it ought to be curtailed somewhat.

To start only seven games, can be put down to injury, But to be withdrawn

(subbed), and not complete any of those games, must be put down to lack of fitness.

I voiced my opinions on this deal at the time it was done, and whats happened since he's been here has done nothing to change it.

Offload, as soon as poss and get him off the payroll, he,s a sponger we cannot afford to carry.

Edited by toffeelicker

But to be withdrawn

(subbed), and not complete any of those games, must be put down to lack of fitness.

30357[/snapback]

:lol::lol: good choice of word 'licker...withdrawn from the pitch after an hour due to withdrawal symptoms kicking in :lol::lol:

(can I just mention that if I thought he really was an alcoholic then I wouldn't be joking about it ;) )

:lol:   :lol:   good choice of word 'licker...withdrawn from the pitch after an hour due to withdrawal symptoms kicking in :lol:   :lol:

(can I just mention that if I thought he really was an alcoholic then I wouldn't be joking about it ;) )

30387[/snapback]

So you dont think hes an alcoholic then? Im not too sure myself but it isnt really any of our business whether he is or he isnt, its between him and the club

You can only blame injuries to a certain extent, look at Shrek he breaks his foot and he works hard to get back as quick as possible. VDM just doesnt seem to care.

30415[/snapback]

agree but thats all about commitment and in my eyes VDM dosnt have that

30420[/snapback]

Is that not what i have basically just said? :blink:

sorry pat i like my drink and drink a bit down the dock (albert dock) and seen him twice down there dinkin during the week (only when i've been with her when see has let melol) but he has been there

but that is all i'm saying

1st thing is i like a drink but i think he could pos be my new best mate lol

30352[/snapback]

Alcoholic?!?! He basically admits it in his own statement - 'I had a hard time whislt injured and just wanted to forget about everything'

so, reading between the lines, that means that he basically drank his way through injury and then couldn't get fit to play for us - is that not an alcoholic?

I hope for his own sake that he is not an alcoholic - its a terrible thing o have to live with and go through and its even harder to expell alcoholism...so for his sake and his families, I hope that he is not an alcoholic.

He has a great talent and he needs to focus his energy on that talent, forget the press and the rumours and start playing good football, like he knows he can.

You dont get signed on by Inter and Ajax if your an average player - and you certainly can't get into the Dutch national side without having something special - perhaps though, the pressure was/is a bit too much for him personally.

I hope that he can focus for us next year, if he wants to stay. I hope Moyes and the blue boys can give him the direction that he needs.

Lets wait and see - but i am not hoping for anything because we are Everton and we are blessed with 'not getting the rub of the green'!

agree but thats all about commitment and in my eyes VDM dosnt have that

30420[/snapback]

The thing is this...

alcoholism (like many drugs) robs you of your ambition and any commitment that you have (or think you have).

People are lazy - I am! But when you are a player and getting stupid money a week and all you have to do for it is TRAIN and play football - then that is what you do - there is not much commitment there - believe me!

get to training for 10am - train for a few hours and back home you go -- not asking much from the sane everyday person...is it?

Yet VDM can't do it - if you are an alcoholic you only ever want one thing - ale. You are a very selfish person and you are usually a pain in the arse that is not focused on anything around other than the next drink.

My father is an alcoholic - he goes to AA and I, along with my mother, go to Al-Anon (the family section of AA - helping those with alcoholic family members overcome the problem).

I aint preaching to no-one but I do understand (partly) alcoholism more than most.

If VDm is going through this illness (and it is an illness of sorts) then I pity him but in a sympathetic way.

It is difficult to shake this disease off as no drug can help with the mental side - its there, ticking away inside of your head and there aint nothing, except will power, to help you out.

WE all kow how bad will power is - how many of us on this forum have dieted - and failed or used the 'i'm happy with my weight now so i can stop dieting' excuse - to only find that in a few months we are back to our original weight? Why does that happen ? nobody knows but its EXACTLY the same for the alcoholic.

If VDM is finding it tough in the UK and is regretting his move then he should go - There is nothing worse than someone who doesn't want to be around. Let him go if that is the case.

If the problem is alcoholism then we shoudl address that head on, get him the help he requires and get him fit again so that we can enjoy him on the field and he can enjoy us...

phew--thats the deep minded, sympathetic Rowlo over for one day!

I think VDM's recent press statement shot himself in the foot, basically admitting he has a problem. I cannot see him getting over it and think he should be gone. At the end of the day this is a business and any employee who is drunk for work would be sacked, in a job where your body & fitness is paramount I would expect much harsher treatment. Just look at that chelsea bloke who took drugs publically.

Can you give me another reason why he isnt fit for such long Periods....???

its not like he;s broken his leg or something, the only word that came from the Club is he's unfit to play.

Not a word about twisted ankles or groin strains, Just he's unfit to play.

I dont know what injuries he could get, cos he never plays. :blink:

And just a word about this view of Rowlo's..........".You dont get signed on by Inter and Ajax if your an average player - and you certainly can't get into the Dutch national side without having something special - perhaps though, the pressure was/is a bit too much for him personally."

That was when he was young and hungry, once they aspire to Fame and Fortune the hunger wanes. Too much money and too much time on their hands leads to Boozing, or gambling, or womanizing which in turn leads you down the Spiral staircase.

He was at Inter for 3 seasons and played 18 times, scoring 1 goal and only completed 3 of 18 games. :blink: warning bells should have been ringing in Moyses head, but he went ahead and signed him even though he didnt even pass a medical, it was 3 months before he made the team and has been subbed on every appearance.

My sympathies are with him if he is what they think he is, but at the same time this Club gives a bloody good wage to too many players who give nowt in return and i am of the opinion that he should be sent packing as soon as possible.

Licker.

Edited by toffeelicker