IGNORED

Where's All This Cash Coming From?

I think this is the best squad we've had since Yobo's been here, think he would be a fool to go now, so would Cahill. Just need a good left sided Midfield / Attacker and i would be looking forward to the new season in a positive Way.

The futures bright.................the futures Blue. ;)

I agree licker, i think the big challenge over the next two seasons is going to be keeping together the nucleus of our squad while adding the quality additions we need to mount a serious challenge on the top half.

Realistically we are a long way from title contenders and even Champions League qualification but if we can get in the Uefa Cup next season and the season after while adding to the squad along the way we may finally have succeded in laying the foundations to build our club back up to the top.

Like i said due to our lack of serious cash the struggle will be holding together our main players and ensuring we add quality at every opportunity to the tune of 15-20mil per year! Can it be done and will the new stadium & hopefully serious investement be tied down by then? If not we will surely have wasted our best opportunity for some time to move onto the next level!

I'm quietly confident but ultimatly it all hinges on Bill & Kieth sorting out this saga over both investment & our stadium, I hope they dont waste this opportunity or Bill the blue will never be forgiven.

oh shut the bollocks up!

no one has said how much cash we've had since last year.

They've basically kept more quiet about how much money we've got which is a good thing.

I don't care where it's come from as long as it hasn't come from the sale of players which i'm very sure it hasn't.

do we really have to be told how much money the club has. is it right we have to know?

i'd be happy not to know if it means that none of the other clubs in the league know.

oh shut the bollocks up!

no one has said how much cash we've had since last year.

They've basically kept more quiet about how much money we've got which is a good thing.

I don't care where it's come from as long as it hasn't come from the sale of players which i'm very sure it hasn't.

do we really have to be told how much money the club has.  is it right we have to know?

i'd be happy not to know if it means that none of the other clubs in the league know.

30644[/snapback]

same ere

what all this with cahill is ok??? he is one of our most consistent peformers scored 20 in 2 seasons which is pretty good for a midfielder, only gerrard and lampard can better that(i think)i wouldnt take 9 mill for him anyway i may be on my own but no chance. who would we get in to cover for him???

what all this with cahill is ok??? he is one of our most consistent peformers scored 20 in 2 seasons which is pretty good for a midfielder, only gerrard and lampard can better that(i think)i wouldnt take 9 mill for him anyway i may be on my own but no chance. who would we get in to cover for him???

31628[/snapback]

;) good point B)

We got over £14 million from the Sky TV payments and our 11th per league place. Then there's season ticket sales on top of that and the money we didnt spend in January.

The new deal the Premiership bosses have just brokered with Sky and Setanta is worth £1.7 billion up £600 mil from last time. It will see us and every other premiership team getting a minimum of £28 million every year (starting 2007/08) for the next 3 years for TV rights. That will no doubt go towards the funding of our new stadium and hopefully some quality players. Do you trust Moyes with that amount of money?

Edited by Bluetrip

Do you trust Moyes with that amount of money?

32055[/snapback]

I just hope he spends it on some good players.

One thing I have had enough of is EFC being seen as a club who only buy 2nd rate talent (occasionally they come good, most of the time they don't) or older (once good) players who want to see out the rest of their career at Goodison. Its only in the last couple of years with the likes of Beattie, AJ, Artetta and Davies that I have been pleased with the players coming into the club (even though Beattie took a while to get going and Davies hasn't turned up yet).

I think that if Beattie and AJ can get off the mark early and start scoring then we will be in a good position to make some quailty signings come the New Year.

We got over £14 million  from the Sky TV payments and our 11th per league place. Then there's season ticket sales on top of that and the money we didnt spend in January.

The new deal the Premiership bosses have just brokered with Sky and Setanta is worth £1.7 billion up £600 mil from last time. It will see us and every other premiership team getting a minimum of £28 million every year (starting 2007/08) for the next 3 years for TV rights. That will no doubt go towards the funding of our new stadium and hopefully some quality players. Do you trust Moyes with that amount of money?

32055[/snapback]

I don't even trust myself with that kind of money. :D

ATB

Mac