IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

me: "I've been asked to help you create a checklist. I've made a very basic template in Excel, but you're the expert so I need your help correcting it".

other person: "I want to help you, you just need to talk to me more. We've never discussed this. This is something I desperately need" 

me: "I know it's something you need. We've been discussing it for 4 months. I just need your help because you're the expert, and I'm not, and I don't know the technical names of the parts".

other person: "You can't make the template. You don't know what you're doing (no offence). You've been here 6 months now, this is ridiculous"

me: "you're right, and no offence taken. Yes I have been here 6 months, although only on site 2 days every 2 weeks. And I have no mechanical training so I'm learning engineering without any training and doing it all in German, which isn'tt my strongest language. Look... I've tried to make a draft but need your help. This is to help you and us. If you don't like it, tell me and we change it or start with something else - I really don't care what the template looks like. Even better, could you show me what you want as a checklist?".

other person: "no, that's not my job".

me: "ok, so we start with this then"

other person: "no, it's too complicated, I'll spend all my time just writing". 

me: "no, it's a checklist. You just need to update the part that you inspected, what you did and that's it". 

other person: "no, that's not my job. I'm just doing the work, I'm not losing time I don't have on that technical stuff".

me: "ok... But we still need the proof of work and the checklist to make sure we have a plan for maintenance. Agreed"

other person: "absolutely, it's really important".

me: "ok, so we start with this then or ...."

other person: "no, the template is too complicated".

me: "or you give me an example of what you need"

other person: "that's not my job"

:cryingsmiley:

Wife and I did one of those DNA test kits in early December to find out some stuff about where we come from etc from My Heritage.com in the US. Sent samples off on 4th December and so far my wife's has gone through Order placed Nov 22 2018, DNA Kit has been shipped Nov 23 2018, DNA Kit has been activated Dec 4 2018, Sample received at the lab Dec 31 2018, DNA extraction in progress Jan 5 2019 and Microarray process in progress....only raw data produced to go before results are available.

Mine meanwhile (sent on the same day) is yet to arrive at the lab:rolleyes:. Got them on the phone and if it's not there by Thursday they'll send out a new kit, apparently they allow 44 working days for international orders.....original sample probably being tested at Area 51 for alien DNA:unsure:.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Wife and I did one of those DNA test kits in early December to find out some stuff about where we come from etc from My Heritage.com in the US. Sent samples off on 4th December and so far my wife's has gone through Order placed Nov 22 2018, DNA Kit has been shipped Nov 23 2018, DNA Kit has been activated Dec 4 2018, Sample received at the lab Dec 31 2018, DNA extraction in progress Jan 5 2019 and Microarray process in progress....only raw data produced to go before results are available.

Mine meanwhile (sent on the same day) is yet to arrive at the lab:rolleyes:. Got them on the phone and if it's not there by Thursday they'll send out a new kit, apparently they allow 44 working days for international orders.....original sample probably being tested at Area 51 for alien DNA:unsure:.

You sure yours didn't break the equipment?

:P 

10 hours ago, rubecula said:

difficult thing to decode on today  my driving ability may have ended after just buying a new car in October

Stinks that Rubes, similar thing happened to my dad 25 odd years back; had a brand new car on order when he was taken ill and he never got to drive it once. Horrible thing it was though, not to drive that was fine but for some reason it got static build up in the body and every so often opening or closing the thing you got a nasty shock.

For you it's just down to safety mate, yours and others, just go with what you think is right. Does the other half drive?

46 minutes ago, johnh said:

I can  remember being at the cinema in 1945 (aged 9) when the Pathe News showed the horrors of Belsen.  Even at that young age, I couldn't believe what I was seeing.  Unfortunately, it still seems like only yesterday, can never forget it.

I think what brought it home to me was the episode on it in the incredible "The World at War" documentary series in the early seventies narrated by Laurence Olivier. Truly horrific.

Marrying into a Jewish family brought it closer to home as well, my mother-in-law's grandfather died in Theresienstadt, the camp mentioned in the article, and she lost many other family members at Auschwitz. She's insisting on being buried when she dies as, "enough of my family have been cremated".

Really don't get how you can publish such shite without it being illegal. Surely journalists should be held accountable and jailed for their lies. 

https://evolvepolitics.com/daily-mail-forced-to-issue-ridiculously-long-correction-after-getting-virtually-everything-in-an-article-wrong/?fbclid=IwAR0lWECCJig9sMfHa0BLx7GChh-b5rCuo8zzGnjFvaUnqxSNiB_NtjMwTqk

• 1 month later...
On 22/01/2019 at 13:58, MikeO said:

On 22/01/2019 at 15:17, Matt said:

You sure yours didn't break the equipment?

:P 

The new sample might have done:unsure:.

"Hi Michael,
We wanted to let you know that the results for your DNA kit will be delayed by up to one month.

We are currently upgrading the chip used for DNA analysis, to a new and more advanced version. We are conducting the transition to the new chip with great care and diligence in order to provide you the most accurate results. We expect to renew delivery of results in 3 more weeks and it will take us 3 additional weeks to consume the backlog, so your results are expected to be available within 3–6 weeks.

We apologize for the delay and are doing our best to expedite the process. We will notify you by email as soon as the results are available. You can track the status of the DNA kit at any time.

Best regards,
The MyHeritage team"

• 2 weeks later...