Sign in to follow this  
Matt

What Grinds Your Gears...

Just tried to buy Ed Sheeran tickets for me and the missus, sold out everywhere, but what really grinds my gears is people buying more than they need to sell on at stupid prices.

That infuriates me.

Should be a limit to buying tickets. Reasonably of course, so 1 adult ticket, 2 adult tickets (for couples) and family (including children - up to a max of 5). Not hard.

I wouldn't even try to get tickets anymore, end up with some much optimism, spend hours on the phone, sold out, hopes dashed, spend 4x as much.

Exploitation in its public form.

Just tried to buy Ed Sheeran tickets for me and the missus, sold out everywhere, but what really grinds my gears is people buying more than they need to sell on at stupid prices.

That infuriates me.
Should be a limit to buying tickets. Reasonably of course, so 1 adult ticket, 2 adult tickets (for couples) and family (including children - up to a max of 5). Not hard.
I wouldn't even try to get tickets anymore, end up with some much optimism, spend hours on the phone, sold out, hopes dashed, spend 4x as much.
Exploitation in its public form.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/38851851/ed-sheeran-angry-over-touting-after-tour-tickets-go-on-sale-on-secondary-sites

Afraid my wife's niece used to do this, buy tickets for any event then sell them on, pissed me off.She was certianly one to spot an opportunity, during the Wimbledon tennis tournament she used to vacate her house and rent it out to the players, had some big names stay and made some good money.Her husband was related to a 'player' wife danced with him before a big match, trod on his foot......and he lost the game, I always blamed her for that !

Back to 'ticket touts', should be stopped.

St Helens.

I have to live in this shit hole. It's now a town completely run by hooded chavs. Don't walk around town alone after sunset as it is fundamentally unsafe now, there WILL be another stabbing here. Every street corner is populated with hooded chavs.

My wife took our daughter to young carers club in town and yet another altercation was under way. My daughter does not want to attend these clubs anymore as she has to walk there until I get home with the car.

There is no police presence at all, drug deals occur in town centre on a weekend in broad daylight and not an eyelid gets batted.

We're fucked here. If anyone is considering moving to St Helens; DON'T!!!

A who rather than a what.

Marc Almond.

Just being interviewed on the radio. Twat.

Interviewer (fawningly), "Wow, didn't realise you'd released twenty-one solo albums!"

Neither does anybody else you numpty because nobody bought them (I shouted)!

Interviewer, "I see your new album is titled Hits and Pieces, why's that?".

That's because he (and Soft Cell) didn't have enough hits to fill a whole album you moron so he had to pad it out with stuff even more horrible than his hits were (I think that was me again :lol:).

The great man himself just waffled bollocks about songs that were "radio hits" and others that "should have been hits in my opinion". Tosser.

talking politics with my parents. had an epic argument last weekend. they are trump supporters, climate change deniers, etc. Trying to reason with them is literally futile as they quote Fox news stories and fake news and act like they are fact. Or say things like "climate change isn't unanimous, many people deny it, scientists too". yes like the scientists that were paid off to be against it (see below)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/02/23/the-favorite-scientist-of-climate-change-deniers-is-under-fire-for-taking-oil-money/?utm_term=.691240bbfcac

part of me wants to keep it up, the other part just wants me to go about life and forget how ignorant and idiotic they are. frustrates me to no end, whats hilarious is they think i've gone crazy "what happened to you, you've been influenced by all this liberal media, you need to get it together". like i am the problem. For fucks sake i'm losing respect for them by the day. just trying to love them for who they are and not what they believe, they do make it tough though..

talking politics with my parents. had an epic argument last weekend. they are trump supporters, climate change deniers, etc. Trying to reason with them is literally futile as they quote Fox news stories and fake news and act like they are fact. Or say things like "climate change isn't unanimous, many people deny it, scientists too". yes like the scientists that were paid off to be against it (see below)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/02/23/the-favorite-scientist-of-climate-change-deniers-is-under-fire-for-taking-oil-money/?utm_term=.691240bbfcac

part of me wants to keep it up, the other part just wants me to go about life and forget how ignorant and idiotic they are. frustrates me to no end, whats hilarious is they think i've gone crazy "what happened to you, you've been influenced by all this liberal media, you need to get it together". like i am the problem. For fucks sake i'm losing respect for them by the day. just trying to love them for who they are and not what they believe, they do make it tough though..

Sympathise MJB.

My parents were both active in local politics when I was younger, both were Liberal party candidates at a local level (never won because we were in a staunch Conservative heartland) so I took an interest from an early age. As they got older however they both went off in different directions, mum to the left and dad to the right, dad became a hardened Thatcherite and although I felt more empathy with mum's thoughts I remained a Liberal.

Eventually I had to just stop talking politics with dad because he was so entrenched and I didn't want to argue with him and (as you say) lose respect. It became an unspoken mutually agreed non-subject, although I still talked to mum when he wasn't within earshot.

For your own sanity and your future relationship you need to do what you suggest in the last sentence mate, they're the only parents you're ever going to have and it's not worth falling out with them over politics (or anything really). Good luck.

Might be best to employ bar rules to it, like in a bar there are three subjects that are off limits:

1. Politics 2. Religion 3. Race

If those subjects were off limits in my local the resident morons (minority, but a significant one) would have nothing to talk about.

Car exhaust just fell to bits (well the back box fell off) when I was reversing out of the drive to go shopping.

Luckily it's OK motor bike weather so dusted that down and it had its first outing in a few months (fair weather biker me). Good fun, took a long route home :).

Car exhaust just fell to bits (well the back box fell off) when I was reversing out of the drive to go shopping.

Luckily it's OK motor bike weather so dusted that down and it had its first outing in a few months (fair weather biker me). Good fun, took a long route home :).

You've got a shopping basket on the front then? :D

Just taken the rubbish down tonight to see our bin full of shite that's not ours! Pisses me right off. There was a bucket in it tonight full of metal. Whilst dragging it I thought that is was a bit heavy. No wonder if there's a fucking bucket of metal in our bin. Took it out as there's no way the bin men would take it anyway. A few plastic bags as well. I'd love to know which fucker's responsible! Really winds me up.

Just taken the rubbish down tonight to see our bin full of shite that's not ours! Pisses me right off. There was a bucket in it tonight full of metal. Whilst dragging it I thought that is was a bit heavy. No wonder if there's a fucking bucket of metal in our bin. Took it out as there's no way the bin men would take it anyway. A few plastic bags as well. I'd love to know which fucker's responsible! Really winds me up.

Had the same trouble a couple of months back. Bits of rubble filled my bin.

I used to do my motor insurance through the AA. They were very competitive for a year or two, then one year the quote increased by 200 quid. I switched insurer but as a gold card member of the AA, they send me a motor insurance quote every year. This year, they sent a pack specifically designed for gold card members. The only problem was that it was 65% dearer than my current insurer. You have to shop around.

I have had Sky Go on my lap-top for several years. A year or so ago, there was a problem involving Google Chrome, Sky Go and Silverlight. This meant changing from Google Chrome, which no longer supported Silverlight, to another provider who did. I chose Firefox and this has worked fine. Then recently, Sky Go said that Firefox would no longer be supported and recommended Internet Explorer. I am on Windows 10 which uses Microsoft Edge but this is not compatible either. I found out that Windows 10 does have Internet Explorer (hidden away) which they don't shout about because they want people to use Edge. I found out how to access Internet Explorer and managed to get into Sky Go. However, it now doesn't recognise my username and password which I have been using for several years. I am becoming just a little bit pee'd off with Sky Go.

I have had Sky Go on my lap-top for several years. A year or so ago, there was a problem involving Google Chrome, Sky Go and Silverlight. This meant changing from Google Chrome, which no longer supported Silverlight, to another provider who did. I chose Firefox and this has worked fine. Then recently, Sky Go said that Firefox would no longer be supported and recommended Internet Explorer. I am on Windows 10 which uses Microsoft Edge but this is not compatible either. I found out that Windows 10 does have Internet Explorer (hidden away) which they don't shout about because they want people to use Edge. I found out how to access Internet Explorer and managed to get into Sky Go. However, it now doesn't recognise my username and password which I have been using for several years. I am becoming just a little bit pee'd off with Sky Go.

You can still use Chrome for everything else though John, I do, then I just use IE for Sky. Have you tried resetting your username/password?

Thanks Mike, I just found it easier to use Firefox for everything. Re-setting the password is a bit more complicated as my lap-top runs off my son's account! I am going to rely on him to sort it out! Haven't been able to access Sky Go for a week or so now. Hope to get it sorted for the Derby match.

The great man himself just waffled bollocks about songs that were "radio hits" and others that "should have been hits in my opinion". Tosser.

I liked David Gray's cover of Say Hello, Wave Goodbye. I can't say I know much of Soft Cell other than that and Tainted Love.

I stopped using Sky Go a while ago because of that, I have a PS4 that sits beneath my tv that has Sky Go app installed but Sky want £5 a month for it to be active. It's a rip-off.

Saving grace is you had it new. If you'd have bought it 2nd hand, that would have been a right bitch to get anything back.

tried a different power cable and it works! :yay:

Aaron, I was tempted (it'll be used more for streaming and media management than gaming)

So Netflix, YouTube and Blu-Rays then?

What was the game you got with it?

Twitch and Plex too, but also internet streaming for the footy. I don't plan on using it much for games like I said, but I'll probably cave at some point :)

the PS4 Pro had the latest wifi setup (AC instead of N) which is what my router has too, so hoping for better quality for better image and performance

Matt, I thought I read somewhere that the PS4 Pro was sensitive to yodelling but as you sorted the cable problem it obviously isn't. Keep the windows closed just to be sure though.

No yodelling but my singing voice isn't exactly the best, so I tend to express myself through my guitars :)

LANYARDS!!!!

Seriously. Everyone everywhere is wearing these ridiculous lanyards.

You're not an MI5 agent. You don't need special access to restricted areas and highly sensitive intelligence, you're a pencil pusher for the local council. You're job role is to lick envelopes.

Literally everyone who wears a lanyard outside of military intelligence is a hipster who wears ironic spectacles and goes skateboarding at the age of 42

LANYARDS!!!!

Seriously. Everyone everywhere is wearing these ridiculous lanyards.

You're not an MI5 agent. You don't need special access to restricted areas and highly sensitive intelligence, you're a pencil pusher for the local council. You're job role is to lick envelopes.

Literally everyone who wears a lanyard outside of military intelligence is a hipster who wears ironic spectacles and goes skateboarding at the age of 42

Or they don't get a choice. Higher ups want people to wear them at all times even though for 'security' reasons. Even though that's what the security guards are paid for.

I had to look up what one was....

So did I.

But I agree there are a lot of them about and that's only from seeing them on people outside of their workplace. If you have to wear one for work why not take it off when you're outside of it?

I did a night school course (Adobe Illustrator) at Wirral Met and was given one to be able to access the building. It never bothered me. The most stressful thing was the photograph. I hate having my photo taken.

I did a night school course (Adobe Illustrator) at Wirral Met and was given one to be able to access the building. It never bothered me. The most stressful thing was the photograph. I hate having my photo taken.

But why not just an ID card? Having it hung round your neck so you don't lose it is a bit like your mum using elastic to thread your gloves through your primary school blazer arms.

Discovered (wife trod in) small wet patch on the kitchen floor just now, wondering where it came from and a drip on my head told me :dry:. Investigation found a leaking radiator upstairs. Washing machine having died last week (new one being delivered tomorrow) wondering what's next as these things supposedly come in threes. Does the derby loss count? Hope so because then we'd be done.

went to see the company doctor today who was told some blatant lies about me. :mad:

The company want me to sort out my eyesight, and by coincidence I came home to get changed and a letter was there booking me in for surgery, so I went back to work and booked the time off. They told me NO they already had avionics people on holiday, so fuck them my health comes first and if they want to get rid of me I will be happy to go .... for a price.

BASTARDS :shaking fist:

in the end I got the time off.