Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Matt

What Grinds Your Gears...

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, MikeO said:

Our youngest daughter got proposed to yesterday (and said yes).

Really don't like the bloke (and he's a Liverpool supporter plus a Lewis Hamilton fanboy), but if he makes her happy I suppose I can live with it.

:rolleyes:

I’ve got a son in law who supports Liverpool if he didn’t support them he’d be alright, but he does so he will always be a dick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’ve got a son in law who supports Liverpool if he didn’t support them he’d be alright, but he does so he will always be a dick. 

Only met the guy once at a big family BBQ in the summer. All the kids in the paddling pool and having loads of fun but it was a Sunday and there was a Grand Prix on, another daughter and her partner put a lot of time and effort into the food so when it was ready we all sat down in the garden to eat. He was watching the F1 indoors and asked someone to bring in a plate for him while he watched the whole thing and the aftermath interviews, took an instant dislike, plain ignorant and ungrateful; he has a lot of work to do to get on my right side.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Only met the guy once at a big family BBQ in the summer. All the kids in the paddling pool and having loads of fun but it was a Sunday and there was a Grand Prix on, another daughter and her partner put a lot of time and effort into the food so when it was ready we all sat down in the garden to eat. He was watching the F1 indoors and asked someone to bring in a plate for him while he watched the whole thing and the aftermath interviews, took an instant dislike, plain ignorant and ungrateful; he has a lot of work to do to get on my right side.

 

If he’s like mine he won’t get in your good books, he thinks it’s clever to try and take the piss after the Derby, I told him in terms that didn’t go down to well with the daughter and Mrs, but like I said to Mandy afterwards this is my house and I’m not putting up with a dick like him taking the piss in my own home. 
Any how I think he got the message he doesn’t talk or gloat about Liverpool when he comes round anymore, mission accomplished 😀👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Only met the guy once at a big family BBQ in the summer. All the kids in the paddling pool and having loads of fun but it was a Sunday and there was a Grand Prix on, another daughter and her partner put a lot of time and effort into the food so when it was ready we all sat down in the garden to eat. He was watching the F1 indoors and asked someone to bring in a plate for him while he watched the whole thing and the aftermath interviews, took an instant dislike, plain ignorant and ungrateful; he has a lot of work to do to get on my right side.

 

You’ve only met him once and now he’s marrying your daughter?! He’s gone down even further in my estimation now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Palfy said:

If he’s like mine he won’t get in your good books, he thinks it’s clever to try and take the piss after the Derby, I told him in terms that didn’t go down to well with the daughter and Mrs, but like I said to Mandy afterwards this is my house and I’m not putting up with a dick like him taking the piss in my own home. 
Any how I think he got the message he doesn’t talk or gloat about Liverpool when he comes round anymore, mission accomplished 😀👍

Young uns these days think it's banter.... wait till you have acceptance before giving it big ones. I never get into footy politics in other people's homes - I'm too polite. 

Fact of the matter is they weren't around when football was football.... they make out they know more than other fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Young uns these days think it's banter.... wait till you have acceptance before giving it big ones. I never get into footy politics in other people's homes - I'm too polite. 

Fact of the matter is they weren't around when football was football.... they make out they know more than other fans. 

Very true mate, some gauge people’s passion on their own, and when you get upset, there like chill man, because it wouldn’t matter that much to them it shouldn’t matter that much to you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i gauge their football knowledge on my own.  i'm no footy expert as many on here can attest ;) but i know a decent amount of the foreign leagues, top players, etc.  if you're saying you support spurs and then talk about a bunch of players that no longer play for spurs, you don't support spurs.  you're not a fan.  maybe i'm hardcore, but if you can't even get the current players half right you ain't no fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kopites are obnoxious, I get a feeling that the club just attracts those kind of fans. I always find it hard trying to talk football to a kopite.

Sometime you meet people on holiday and get talking football, I've met Spurs fans, Arsenal fans, Wolves fans, Villa fans, you name it. But whenever I meet Liverpool, Chelsea or Man Utd fans you just know you've found an utter plonker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Kopites are obnoxious, I get a feeling that the club just attracts those kind of fans. I always find it hard trying to talk football to a kopite.

Sometime you meet people on holiday and get talking football, I've met Spurs fans, Arsenal fans, Wolves fans, Villa fans, you name it. But whenever I meet Liverpool, Chelsea or Man Utd fans you just know you've found an utter plonker

Perfect 👌 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/12/2019 at 13:08, Hafnia said:

Young uns these days think it's banter.... wait till you have acceptance before giving it big ones. I never get into footy politics in other people's homes - I'm too polite. 

Fact of the matter is they weren't around when football was football.... they make out they know more than other fans. 

hello  haf.   had a good Christmas ?  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/12/2019 at 20:50, MikeO said:

Only met the guy once   at a big family BBQ in the summer. All the kids in the paddling pool and having loads of fun but it was a Sunday and there was a Grand Prix on, another daughter and her partner put a lot of time and effort into the food so when it was ready we all sat down in the garden to eat. He was watching the F1 indoors and asked someone to bring in a plate for him while he watched the whole thing and the aftermath interviews, took an instant dislike, plain ignorant and ungrateful; he has a lot of work to do to get on my right side.

 

I'm lucky.  Youngest daughter is married to a guy who is a diamond.  Will do anything for us, is a wizard with computers and is a really genuine nice guy.  Eldest daughter is married to a Scotsman - enough said!  No, to be fair, he's OK for a Scotsman.  Talks a  bit too much, difficult to switch him off, particularly when he goes on about Celtic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, johnh said:

I'm lucky.  Youngest daughter is married to a guy who is a diamond.  Will do anything for us, is a wizard with computers and is a really genuine nice guy.  Eldest daughter is married to a Scotsman - enough said!  No, to be fair, he's OK for a Scotsman.  Talks a  bit too much, difficult to switch him off, particularly when he goes on about Celtic.

He’ll be a bit quiet today then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ypu know what  pisses m off totally?  the fucjing computers we have today  ….   I am not worried by the amount of technology in them...  no  not at all,   what gets me going is trying to gt going when you get a new computer.  especially if you have no choice in the matter.  my computer went  offline  a while ago  and it  wouldn't com back  so I went out  and bought0 a new one.  I have had it for weeks  and  it has proven a real  scumbag to  get to operate properly  and then to top it off the thing came without a monitor  so I sent off for a new one of them too  and when I arrived it had no leads with it  so  I  hunted around  for old leads  then  I thought I had womn it turned out I was only just starting out with the fucker  …. 

 

to cut a long story short  I found out later on that the monitor I had bought  was in  fact an excellent monitor  but it also had a second function....  IT WAS ALSO A CPMPUTER

 

anyway  that is  the comp. I am currently on  and it looks  ok    so my sister is getting the tower  unit for the grandkids to use

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rubecula said:

oh  and ps  I know I have been unwell  but I am  not dead yet  ……..😪

Well that’s good to now Rubes, because otherwise you’re computer has cloned itself into you, and if so that’s a bloody good computer😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...