IGNORED

Liverpool (Away)

MikeO

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's Gerrard out of it which is no bad thing :) .

I take it that you are unaware of FA Article 197 Chapter 4 Paragraph 62 which clearly state that if the recpiant of the red card is a young man named Stephen Gerrard and it happens on a Sunday whilst he is wearing his lucky socks then the ensuing ban can be served at a time convenient to Liverpool FC

I take it that you are unaware of FA Article 197 Chapter 4 Paragraph 62 which clearly state that if the recpiant of the red card is a young man named Stephen Gerrard and it happens on a Sunday whilst he is wearing his lucky socks then the ensuing ban can be served at a time convenient to Liverpool FC

Curses....forgot about that :shaking fist: .

Dalglish will tinker with the squad, he did today and his captain let him down.I thought a very average Man Utd were there for the taking and they blew it.

They play Blackpool in mid-week, I guess a defeat there would lead to a bit of panic before the derby.

Gerrard wont be playing (or shouldn't be :unsure: ), but to be fair Dalglish still has a good squad to tinker with.It will be a battle as usual, but if Felaini can stay on the pitch then he will again play a big part.

I saw a liverpool fan wrote on a forum "If Dalglish can't do it then God help us"

There you have it, God will soon be in the firing line.....it will be his fault!

If Moyes is brave, and the boys want it....0-1 Everton.

I think we need to play Osman, even though I don't think he is in our top 11 at the moment he has the heart to take on Liverpool, as does Cahill (damn Asian Cup, tell an Australian he's Asian and he will punch you right in the cloaca). We need to play with more heart than LFC. Get the ball to Coleman, he will run straight at them, I love that kid, he would run at a brick wall if it was on the pitch.

it will be interesting to see his team against Blackpool on Wed as that will give us an idecation of how he will play against us 4-5-1 or 4-4-2, hopefully Poulson will be in for Gerrard and i am confident ahead of this game and we can sneak a 1-0 here with Beckford winner..

I think this will be a test for Moyes and his new found dynacism. Will he simply go to Anfield and set his stall out to not lose like he has done for a few seasons now or will he get the player rilled and get them to play positively and get in their faces.

We can really send a message in this derby and ram it down their throats and also send a warning to the rest of the Premiership that we are back and firing. Lets hope we dont go back to 5 midfielders, although I cant convievably see how he could do that after the last couple of performances.

Thought this was funny from Mrs Dalglish

@Marina Dalglish Just a thought! Woke up with the Liverpool Manager lying beside me! Twenty years since that happened.

Was it really twenty years since Souness was in charge!

Let's hope Blackpool stretch them a bit, oh it can be Bloody cold in Blackpool in January, mind those hamstrings lads!

Major worry for this is that we've played so badly against the lesser teams in the division so far this season; that needs to change. There's no point beating City and Spurs and then struggling against the relegation candidates.

Hopefully Davey will send them out with the right attitude; no complacency and we should have enough (mind you I thought the same when we played Stoke, West Ham, Wigan, West Brom, Bolton etc etc :( ).

1-3.

To quote something I have in front of me right now:

"On Wenesday February 20th 1991, Everton met Liverpool in an FA Cup 5th round replay that is now widely regarded as the greatest cup-tie ever! .........However this thrilling cup tie will not just be remembered for it's exhilerating action, but also the game will go down in Merseyside folklore as Kenny Dalglish's last as manager of Liverpool................"

So there you have it. not only did we only draw on that night (oh come on everyone knows the 4 - 4 cup-tie) leaving us with unfinished business, we only got Dalglish to pack it in once.

We now have the chnce to beat them in their own home as well as making Dalglish turn around and run screaming for the exit

PS Mrs Dalglish I assume you never slept with the manager of Liverpool for the past month of his tenure last time, otherwise you would have said "almost 20 years" :P

TBH, going into the derby this weekend, I was concerned about the D*l*l*sh effect. I thought, "Brought him in just before the derby...sonsabitches." I had similar thoughts when they wrapped up the ownership saga JUST before the reverse fixture. I felt there was a certain level of spite in their timing, I did.

After watching today's match, though they started smartly, I'm not AS concerned about Sunday. Call me crazy. I'm pretty sure that I saw the same problems that have been dogging them for the first half of this season.

So I'm feeling a bit optimistic about Sunday...you?

Form goes out the window in derby matches, but at least Gerrard wont be diving about trying to get penalties, and if we can keep on top of Torres i dont see much danger from the rest.

Having said that they have done most of their losing away, and have not lost too many at home, If we turn up and play the football we have in the last couple of games we might sneak a win, but i think the odds are in favour of a draw.

1-1 Osman. ;)

Even though they're under the spot light for this one, I think there'll be a bit of pressure on us going into it, mainly from ourselves - they're so bloody awful right now we're almost expected to beat them, but as we've seen too many times this season, we can't put shite sides away. Frenetic, card-laden 2-2, Beckford and Coleman.