IGNORED

New stadium.

Just picked this up from icliverpool just more papertalk but its another possibility and Kirkby golf course is accessable quite easily from all over Liverpool.

I keep hearing this figure of 50,000 capacity and i think we should be aiming a little higher than that unless of course the structure is designed to be easily expanded.

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0400eve...-name_page.html

What does everyone think about our proposed stadium move and the shambolic way it has been managed so far. Another little food for thought is why we were denied permission to build on stanley park but the shite have been granted permission, anyone know how that came about?

P.S. Someone tell me how to save links as one word cos i dont know and i feel all left out :(

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goldy said...........................

I keep hearing this figure of 50,000 capacity and i think we should be aiming a little higher than that unless of course the structure is designed to be easily expanded.

I am in complete agreement with you, RS have applied for a 60.000 stadium so i think we must at least match that, or go for 61.000 and show everybody that we still are the biggest club on merseyside.

We must not play second fiddle to them. A bigger stadium will get the concerts, cup semi finals, and international games amongst lots of other things, so lets go for it. We are a big club, lets hope the people in the Boardroom havent forgotten.

Licker.

Edited by toffeelicker

the stadium will eventually, (when its paid for) be our biggest source of income. i think its important to take a longer term view of the possible growth in attendances.

i dont think that 50,000 is big enough. i would guess that 80,000 would be a better capacity from an economic and profit pov.

i dont know what the costs compared to income is but 50,000 seems quite low compared to NEW stadium sizes today.

i think arsenal have about 68,000 capacity at their new stadium! but its reasonable to expect crowds to get bigger over the next 20 - 30 years and we should be looking that far ahead at least.

the future of the club is related to its income and its income will be dreived from its gates.

i agree we need a bigger seating capacity then 50,000 i think more in the region of 70,000 but would it be sold out every week? hopefully this 'new' stadium will have more then 50,000 seats but is compact to keep the atmosphere in, cant imagine a Everton match with a shit atmosphere.

The problem is, we only sold out our current 40,000 seater stadium twice last season

Do you really think we could sell out 60 + seater stadium

Our season ticket sales have plumeted this year and I think in the not so distant future the arse will fall out of football as the average joe cant afford it

bigger stadium though zed will attract more supporteres, bigger stadiums also attract bigger players, as someone said we will then get concerts, cup ties being played here etc.

we need to aim big if we want to push up and become a big team again

The problem is, we only sold out our current 40,000 seater stadium twice last season

Our season ticket sales have plumeted this year and I think in the not so distant future the arse will fall out of football as the average joe cant afford it

So build a 70,000 seater and reduce all prices to attract people in and fill it!

Average gate is what 37,000? double that and ticket prices could be halved the question being could we fill the stadium with tickets costing £15 for adults and £5 for kids?

i suspect a stadium will be shared with St Helens Rugby league team as they are in the stadium hunt also.

KIRKBY though! its like we're being chased away from stanley park!

St Helens are looking at getting a 30,000 seater stadium so why would we share with them? They have already made all the plans and ive seen what the stadium will look like, theres no chance we will share with them

Guest fozzie22

Now that IS common sense

So build a 70,000 seater and reduce all prices to attract people in and fill it!

Average gate is what 37,000? double that and ticket prices could be halved the question being could we fill the stadium with tickets costing £15 for adults and £5 for kids?

Nice idea in a eutopian society, but as we live in a greed is good society that will never happen, they will charge us more for the privalage of having a new stadium. That why the park end is now the most expensive area in Goodison

Not the main stand or upper bullens which are arguably the best views of the product on show

Plus, the average gate is probably well less than 37K ATM

Suppose its all down to how well the team is doing

Have a look at sunderland last season, their shiny stadium looked awful with big gaps,

i suspect a stadium will be shared with St Helens Rugby league team as they are in the stadium hunt also.

KIRKBY though! its like we're being chased away from stanley park!

The council want us out of Liverpool because they say they cant cope with two teams in the city cos of costs and shit like that, so theyre kicking us out to Kirkby which is under Knowsley council

Guest fozzie22
Nice idea in a eutopian society, but as we live in a greed is good society that will never happen, they will charge us more for the privalage of having a new stadium. That why the park end is now the most expensive area in Goodison

Not the main stand or upper bullens which are arguably the best views of the product on show

Plus, the average gate is probably well less than 37K ATM

Suppose its all down to how well the team is doing

Have a look at sunderland last season, their shiny stadium looked awful with big gaps,

so did boro and they reached a euro final

The council want us out of Liverpool because they say they cant cope with two teams in the city cos of costs and shit like that, so theyre kicking us out to Kirkby which is under Knowsley council

that is absolute crap. we were the first team in liverpool. sorry about the childish comment but we were here first. fuck liverpool off to kirkby.

Goodison is perfect distance from our house as it only takes 45mins to get there on a good day. goin to kirkby is too far

that is absolute crap. we were the first team in liverpool. sorry about the childish comment but we were here first. fuck liverpool off to kirkby.

Goodison is perfect distance from our house as it only takes 45mins to get there on a good day. goin to kirkby is too far

unluky kirkby will make my trip about 10 mins as opposed to alf an hour =p

The genuine supporters are not getting the tickets for the big games, how many times last season did you have to have away ticket stubs to get yourself a ticket. ??

All the corporates and business people get them, we should be able to walk in a ground on the day of the game without all this f##kin about.

Its like anything else if people get turned away they wont go again, and if we cant get in just once because theres not enough seats, then it means the place is too small.

Look at it this way, who cares if 45.000 go to a ground that holds 50.000.........

but if there is one or two games that we could have got 60.000 in, but the ground only holds 50,000, thats where you lose out.

Got to be 60.000 at least.

i dont see the point in peolpe moanin about the distance they travel, if i had to id travel for hours to see the blues, it takes me an hour on a match day now. kirkby will take me an hour an half, but who cares as long as i get to see the blues?

liverpool council should be tryin to keep us in the city, but the fact of the matter is; if we get free land from knowsley i dont see there bein much competition.

spend £150m on a stadium under liverpool, or £75m on the same design under knowsley!

i want to see us with the best facilities, under the best deal we can get. if we have to move then im all for it. but i'm still behind this project:

Goodison FOR EVER-TON

Guest fozzie22
The genuine supporters are not getting the tickets for the big games, how many times last season did you have to have away ticket stubs to get yourself a ticket. ??

All the corporates and business people get them, we should be able to walk in a ground on the day of the game without all this f##kin about.

Its like anything else if people get turned away they wont go again, and if we cant get in just once because theres not enough seats,  then it means the place is too small.

Look at it this way, who cares if 45.000 go to a ground that holds 50.000.........

but if there is one or two games that we could have got 60.000 in, but the ground only holds 50,000, thats where you lose out.

Got to be 60.000 at least.

sorry licker dont agree with you..60000 seats looks good for the common man but as you say they'll all go to corporate no marks

Java..........theres no chance of lower prices. Old Trafford........73.000 capacity and still the 2nd highest prices in the prem.

Fozz..........10.000 corporate seats out of the present capacity leaves 30.000 for us "Common people" as you put it.

But 10.000 corporate seats out of a 60.000 capacity leaves 50.000 for us common people.

Theres no point in only increasing by 10.000 if they are going to be taken up by the corporates, we will still have to produce away ticket stubs for all the big games. It has to be 60.000, and if someone else is going to fund it, why not.