IGNORED

New stadium.

The reason why the corporates and business people get them is because Goodison has one of the worst corporate sections in the prem a new stadium could rectify this, and leave the genuine seats for the real fans. Kirkby has been touted for 11 years now and it has never came about, it has easy access to the motorway better than the switch Island option, and lets be honest it is still in liverpool just under a different council, people in kirkby when asked where they are from dont say knowsley do they!

The fact is to compete and sign the AJ's of this world every season and not have to sell the Rooneys of this world we need to expand, 60+ is a great idea but would we sell out? do we have a waiting list like liverpool for season tickets? we have to be realistic when looking at size of stadium. If we got the structure right it would easily be expanded at a later date just look at Old Trafford.

I cant see this happening unless we have new investment, who knows now Sir Paul Mc is a free agent he may well invest in us before he invests in the divorse??

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason why the corporates and business people get them is because Goodison has one of the worst corporate sections in the prem a new stadium could rectify this, and leave the genuine seats for the real fans.  Kirkby has been touted for 11 years now and it has never came about, it has easy access to the motorway better than the switch Island option, and lets be honest it is still in liverpool just under a different council, people in kirkby when asked where they are from dont say knowsley do they!

The fact is to compete and sign the AJ's of this world every season and not have to sell the Rooneys of this world we need to expand, 60+ is a great idea but would we sell out? do we have a waiting list like liverpool for season tickets? we have to be realistic when looking at size of stadium.  If we got the structure right it would easily be expanded at a later date just look at Old Trafford.

I cant see this happening unless we have new investment, who knows now Sir Paul Mc is a free agent he may well invest in us before he invests in the divorse??

Its settled then 55,000

Bye the way, I will be very interested to see if I get NEW stadium priority voucher 5 this season with my season ticket, now that it is a credit card style.

Fookin arseholes

Bye the way, I will be very interested to see if I get NEW stadium priority voucher 5 this season with my season ticket, now that it is a  credit card style.

Fookin arseholes

I still remember the stadium vote no 1 in 96/97 season, the money they have spent on voting could have bought a new stadium!

Edited by scouse

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, hope i get to go and see a match there, before my time runs out.

Would still have liked it to be 60.000 cos if theirs is going to be bigger than ours they will get all the cup replays, semi finals, international matches, as well as a few band/group gigs and such.

Hope they get on with it as soon as poss tho.

Edited by toffeelicker

it now always gets brought up about stadium talk what about the redevelopment of Goodison with the tower that was about 50 to 55 i'd rather stay and have that than move to kirkby to be honest its just the staying in liverpool thing for me otherwise we aren't part of the 2 teams (sorry 3 for any tramere fans) of liverpool and agree why should we be the ones to move out of liverpool its are history and we were here 1st (need we remind any liverpool supporters but dont want to bring that old arguement up again)

and i get the whole part of moving with the times but your only there with your history and if we had no history there would be no club

Can someone explain this in or out of Liverpool thing to me please?

I live in Litherland and work in Kirkby these places fall under the Council boroughs of sefton & knowlsley but its all liverpool isnt it? I just thought it was different council areas and we would be moving out from under the umberella of Liverpool city council but we would still be in liverpool!

My home & work address are both Liverpool, both post codes start with L and both phones have 0151 as the area code!

Can anyone explain??

i lived in nertherton and technically its sefton which is not in liverpool but just goes under the post codes and 0151 of liverpool think its like that up until parts of lydiate maghull then you lose the 0151 and post code

29672[/snapback]

So what is sefton cos its a council district not a place?

My address in

Litherland, Liverpool

Surely it would be Litherland, Sefton if it wasnt liverpool!

Guest fozzie22
So what is sefton cos its a council district not a place?

My address in

Litherland, Liverpool

Surely it would be Litherland, Sefton if it wasnt liverpool!

29673[/snapback]

its all to do with parlimentary seats if i remember rightly

Mark - Everton already own quite a lot of houses near Goodison, and the school.

Fish - im with you, Kirkby is Liverpool, the site is only 4 miles from Goodison.

As much as the old place is part of our history, so is Anfield, we life there, so was was priory road. we left these places when we were either pushed or had to move to somewhere a bit more suitable (larger and more modern) and we left our history there too!

if we moved to a new site in Kirkby, that is somewhere more suitable and larger, and we are being pushed by Liverpool council! They want to support Liverpools quest for a new home, so much so that they haave neglected us for year. we are a valuable club, Knowsley have realised this, and are trying their hardest to help us!

while us supporters are still around our history wont die, it will go with us, for the good of EFC!

stevo cant disagree but yet would you not love it stay at Goodison if there was a option (along with everyone else)?

again i will say

"and i get the whole part of moving with the times but your only there with your history and if we had no history there would be no club"

my words but i'll stick by them whether we move or not mate

but that is my view and everyone has there own so i'm not diagreeing

its never left behind but it would rather be kept rather than TAKEN i'm only young compared to some people on here but the things i've gonr through at Goodison i'd like to keep it here.....

you can say its sentiment but the bad times have hopefully gone i was on th e pitch for wimbeldon but i'd rather see it carried forward from here than anywhere else but as i've said i will move with the times but only if it is the BEST option rather than movin further than we have to......

even though they say it is 4 miles

Guest fozzie22

This "stadium" talk is bollocks..just more of BK's spin to keep the season ticket sales coming in,we've spent about 5 mill in the transfer market (forget about the headline figures guys and gals,we've spent this ammount so far this summer) so this is a deploy tactic to divert from the lack of more signings coming in.

BK did it with smith and now he's up to his old tricks again,its the kings dock balls up again,we havent got the money for this,so theres no other reason for it to come out now.

And lets not forget if the dock went ahead we where going to be met halfway with the costs for it,leaving us with something in the region of about £30 mill to find..we had'nt got it then and we havent got it now,so forget all this silly talk my friends,just more BK bullshit.

Guest fozzie22
fair game but if wyness comes out and says there is i chance i'll give him half a go foz mate coz he is the one who speaks the truth at the mo

but foz i agree we've heard this before

29789[/snapback]

And this is evertons biggest problem,its all smoke and mirrors we've been lied to by BK so many times before you just cant trust them.

id love to go down this route john  http://www.toffeeweb.com/club/Goodison/gfe/

i love my traditions of the match day, the banter, the same roads, the same faces, but i cant see us staying at Goodison and being able to move forward, the landlock issue is  major factor.

but like i said, the history wont be left behind

29783[/snapback]

That stadium doesnt half look like the JJB and the Reebok mixed into one

Anyway more news on the stadium - http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0400eve...-name_page.html

Thanks mate.

I like it but like efcfan said it does look abit like the reebox

29982[/snapback]

:) it looks ok but lets wait an see what the council offer us ie what sites they have for development, would like to stay at Goodison but this is looking very unlikley :(

that study is 3 years old, so costs will have gone up a bit i imagine. if they havent i think it was £35m predicted, £26m next year from TV could certainly help that!

it does look quite a bit like reebok, but most new stadiums look pretty similar now days, apart from the superb new stadiums in Germany!

im still for moving onwards and upwards. if we can find the financial backing (ideally from tesco) then i do think it is possible for us to get a new stadium