IGNORED

Aiden McGeady

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/celtic/2009/12/27/everton-join-race-to-sign-celtic-star-aiden-mcgeady-86908-21925125/

According to reports in Jockland Moysie is sniffing around Aiden Mcgeady. I would absolutely love to have him here

Agreed. He's direct, which is something we lack. I think he'll be out of our price range though unfortunately.

I wouldnt be too bothered if he came here or not either... Its much easier to be a tricky skilfull winger in Scotland than it is over here. Just look at Mcfadden, he looked quality at Motherwell, a world beater for Scotland but only decent in the Championship and inconsistent at best in EPL. Im not saying Mcgeady will be the same but I doubt he will make much impact in the Premiership.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

i would rather keep bily i still think he can adjust and make it here,i think he has been played out of position he should play in a similar role to cahill we vall know hes not a winger.i dont rate mcgeady that much.

The problem is we have too many central players!!!

Next season's formation...

.............Howard.............

Coleman...Jags...Distin...Baines

..............Nev...............

............Rodwell.............

.............Felli..............

.............Cahill.............

..............Bily..............

...............Saha.............

We're crying out for natural width!!!

If the article above was true and we did swap bily/mcgeady and sell rodwell for £20m then I would want another winger and a striker with that money. If we could play a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 with natural width we'd be a much better team.

Could you imagine if we got McGeady and somehow cobbled the money together for N'Zogbia too? We'd have gone from having no wingers to having two.

Yes, I did just say we'd have 2 wingers. I know, I may just die with the excitement as well.

Moyes will still probably play Vic tho!!

Could you imagine if we got McGeady and somehow cobbled the money together for N'Zogbia too? We'd have gone from having no wingers to having two.

Yes, I did just say we'd have 2 wingers. I know, I may just die with the excitement as well.

Yeah, and we'd have a mess in central midfield... Not saying that it wouldn't be nice to have McGeady and N'Zogbia, but we'd probably have to sell a player or two... We'd have Ossie, Rodwell, Felli, Cahill (if we move to a 4-4-2), Arteta, Neville (Would be bumped by Coleman moving to RB), and possibly Heitinga (assuming Jags and Distin get the nod at Centerback)...

Edited by Quinn31

Yeah, and we'd have a mess in central midfield... Not saying that it wouldn't be nice to have McGeady and N'Zogbia, but we'd probably have to sell a player or two... We'd have Ossie, Rodwell, Felli, Cahill (if we move to a 4-4-2), Arteta, Neville (Would be bumped by Coleman moving to RB), and possibly Heitinga (assuming Jags and Distin get the nod at Centerback)...

You mean we'd have competition? I don't see that as a mess at all, I see it as a good thing.

Neville and Ossie would be the central midfield partnership for me based on how they ended the season, the rest would have to earn their spots.

The last time we played with 2 quality out and out wingers was Limpar/Kanchelskis - my favourite Everton team to watch 95/96 season!

Imagine...

...............Howard...............

Coleman.....Jags...Distin.....Baines

...............Neville..............

N'Zogbia...Felli.....Cahill...McGeady

.................Saha................

Imagine Saha, Cahill and Fellaini packing the box with wingers who are likely to get the ball into the danger areas!!!

This is going to hurt when N'Zogbia signs for Villa and McGeady says he's settled in Russian!!! :crying smiley:

Id love mcgeady and n'zogbia on th wings, Cahill supporting a lone striker who can lead the line with felli and Arteta in the middle (if Arteta can find form again).

I can only dream.

If we could throw rodellega into that we would have serious attacking pace with Cahill coming in with late runs and Arteta on the fridge with felli cleaning up. Add an attacking full back or two into that and I'll jizz on my own face.

Won't happen.

----------------------------Howard----------------------------

Coleman/Neville--------Jags-------Heitinga/Distin-------Baines

--------------Felli/Hardgreaves-------Arteta------------------

LEGEAR//CHADLI---------Cahill/Osman/Kranjcar------------Billy/Mcgeady

--------------Heavy-9 like Falcao or header cahill skills--------------

saha,beckford not looks like 9, looks like the 9'buddy....they are good at 2nd-part, all be worried about artetas replacement when hes injured, this wallace guy can do it??

Edited by 2i0