IGNORED

Aiden McGeady

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

McGeady is a youtube player in many ways, but he is pretty talented. Obviously I hate the cunt in a footballing capacity for turning his back on Scotland (as well as playing for the scum) but he does have ability. Still, he isn't good enough to succeed at a team who aspire to make the Europa League/Champions League places in England in future. Not sure he's the right man for you.

Do you hate McCarthy too? No idea what their stories are behind choosing not to play for Scotland so I'm curious.

I don't hate McCarthy but I'm not too fond of him. The fact he's a better footballer than McGeady softens the blow in terms of watching Everton, but makes it more bitter in terms of watching Rep of Ireland. With McGeady it's more an accumulation of things (playing for Celtic, being a moaning wank, diving all the time, being a talented player yet still a youtube player, yet still good enough to make the Scottish squad) that annoy me, with the Ireland thing topping everything else off.

Other than McCarthy playing for Ireland i have no reason to dislike him really. He's a Celtic fan I believe but at least he didn't play for them.

I don't hate either of them generally by the way - you'll see I mean strictly in a footballing capacity. They might be great guys off the park, although in McGeady's case I doubt it.

Edited by Nikica

Don't fancy him. I'd rather we tried to borrow the Spanish lad for a second season and kept the money towards a centre forward for when Lukaku is recalled by Narcisus <Mourinho>

I reckon we could bring McGeady in and still try to bring back Gerard if he does well the second half of next season, assuming Barca don't have him in their first team plans next season. I'd take McGeady IF the price was VERY cheap (think 2.5m or less). We could do with one more wide player, but we have much more pressing concerns at striker and central midfield, and probably centerback come next summer.

It happens to a lot of players, think back to Beattie, Johnson, Jelavic. they come here on a wave optomism getting to play for a club like EFC. The second year they usually sink back to being fairly average players, which is why i never go overboard about new players until they are in their second season.

Having said that i think Mirallas is just going through a poor spell.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1640802/everton-eye-aiden-mcgeady-deal?cc=5901

Wouldn't have a problem with the move IF we didnt spend too much money on him. Hes outta contract next summer and he's out of favor with the squad so can't see them asking too much. You can never have enough depth, especially if we are pushing for a spot in Europe.