IGNORED

"snoods" Etc

Couple of things on the beeb online commentary today...

"Anyone doubting the level of pampering Premier League stars enjoy should take a look at the Man City bench... they've all been given, wait for it, hot water bottles to warm their laps, the poor blighters. Deary me."

"It will come as zero surprise to anyone, by the way, that Mario Balotelli greeted his substitution earlier by throwing his snood to the floor in protest as he walked down the tunnel. Not a happy bunny."

Rooney was wearing a "vest" yesterday as well....it wasn't even that cold :mellow: .

What's the world coming to? Used to play in sub-zero in nothing more than standard kit when I was eight ffs!

Pleased that we don't appear to allow it...or maybe none of our lot are that big of a pussy.

Footballers need vests!

How else would they proclaim their love for their Gods or their wives without a white vest to scribble on!

Had a bit of trouble myself with an item of clothing when playing football way back in my late teens.

Not long into the match I became aware that the elastic in my underpants had been stretched (by a bit of tight marking) beyond repair.Tried to play on, but things just weren't being protected, and one ball on the pitch was more than enough.

Told the manager, who was running the line, and his suggestion with the refs approval was to nip across the road to the his (the managers) house where his wife would provide me with a pair of his sons pants!

It was bad enough leaving the game for such a reason, made worse by the fact I was met at the door by the managers daughter :unsure: What did I want she asked!!......Eeeerrrrmmmm,

I eeerrrmmmmm, I NEED A PAIR OF YOUR BROTHERS PANTS :blush: !!

Couple of things on the beeb online commentary today...

"Anyone doubting the level of pampering Premier League stars enjoy should take a look at the Man City bench... they've all been given, wait for it, hot water bottles to warm their laps, the poor blighters. Deary me."

"It will come as zero surprise to anyone, by the way, that Mario Balotelli greeted his substitution earlier by throwing his snood to the floor in protest as he walked down the tunnel. Not a happy bunny."

Rooney was wearing a "vest" yesterday as well....it wasn't even that cold :mellow: .

What's the world coming to? Used to play in sub-zero in nothing more than standard kit when I was eight ffs!

Pleased that we don't appear to allow it...or maybe none of our lot are that big of a pussy.

Lets be honest here Mike, when you were a kid the studs were leather and nailed on and the boots came up over the ankles, even the shorts had a pocket in them for the hanky to stop you gobbing on the pitch........... I know this cos it was the same for me LOL :lol:

Remember rubbing dubbin on the ball before a game in the mud? Then as the dubbin wore off, the ball soaked up the moisture and got heavier and heavier until only the stupid lads headed it...making them even more stupid. :lol::lol:

Lets be honest here Mike, when you were a kid the studs were leather and nailed on and the boots came up over the ankles, even the shorts had a pocket in them for the hanky to stop you gobbing on the pitch........... I know this cos it was the same for me LOL :lol:

Remember rubbing dubbin on the ball before a game in the mud? Then as the dubbin wore off, the ball soaked up the moisture and got heavier and heavier until only the stupid lads headed it...making them even more stupid. :lol::lol:

aah, those were the days when we played real footy.

Had to ride our bikes 5 miles home to have a wash and a cup-a-soup to warm up. I remember them well. :)

aah, those were the days when we played real footy.

Had to ride our bikes 5 miles home to have a wash and a cup-a-soup to warm up. I remember them well. :)

You had a bike? You posh git :lol:

The fun when the ball stuck in a puddle and the goalie foolishly picked it up and got booted into the net with the ball. Not a foul of course, it was a goal...(and sometimes a bloody nose...even an injury or two) Wonderful days. As you say Bill REAL footy, not namby pamby stuff like today.

Back then Footy was a MANS (and boys) game. I remember shouting things like "Break his legs" from the paddock....... and often thats exactly what they tried to do :blink:

• 2 weeks later...