IGNORED

Vellios

billyaus

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have Baxter, Gueye, Joao Silva , Anichebe, Vaughan... All are talented youngssters and all of them are forward players.. But no one (except Anichebe) is getting enough opertunity to proove themself in the league.. May be some of them are loaned out.. The question in my mind is... Are we distroying these talents?

The question in my mind is... Are we distroying these talents?

No. Every club has huge amounts, possibly hundreds, of kids of all ages in their respective development programmes/academies or whatever. A tiny proportion make it through to the first team....I think we're probably more successful than most if anything.

No. Every club has huge amounts, possibly hundreds, of kids of all ages in their respective development programmes/academies or whatever. A tiny proportion make it through to the first team....I think we're probably more successful than most if anything.

I agree Mike even on a personal level I know loads of lads from playing Sunday and Saturday league who at certain age's get picked up but never make the grade when you think they would/could. He's as fresh as a newly laid turd in the scheme of things and will no doubt need plenty of time to find his feet and try and push through the ranks.

i played with two lads as 10 year olds...michael barnes(played once for man u first team) and james glover(was a gk for bolton at youth)..i was better than both at that age but i'm not good enough to make a living out of it..the latter now works as a bookie and the former is at a non-league side now..point is plenty get filtered out as mike said just some peak at different ages as kids and last longer on the books..talent isn't bein destroyed it just usually isn't good enough

i played with two lads as 10 year olds...michael barnes(played once for man u first team) and james glover(was a gk for bolton at youth)..i was better than both at that age but i'm not good enough to make a living out of it..the latter now works as a bookie and the former is at a non-league side now..point is plenty get filtered out as mike said just some peak at different ages as kids and last longer on the books..talent isn't bein destroyed it just usually isn't good enough

I had a kick around with this lad named Wayne Rooney for 20 mins. He was alright....

We have Baxter, Gueye, Joao Silva , Anichebe, Vaughan... All are talented youngssters and all of them are forward players.. But no one (except Anichebe) is getting enough opertunity to proove themself in the league.. May be some of them are loaned out.. The question in my mind is... Are we distroying these talents?

Well, that one probably won't be hanging around. But I'd play Gueye more before anyone else on that list. Mind you, if Victor can play for Everton I'm sure this Greek can give it a go.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe Gueye will get off the bench for us towards the end of the season... Not holding my breath like.

I don't get the Gueye thing at all, he obviously has something about him, yet still the likes of Billy and Anichebe are getting games before him, its weird, we have nothing to lose anymore, this is when Moyes starts to become frustrating for me, at times like this

I don't get the Gueye thing at all, he obviously has something about him, yet still the likes of Billy and Anichebe are getting games before him, its weird, we have nothing to lose anymore, this is when Moyes starts to become frustrating for me, at times like this

He has been injured tbf and this was his first appearance for the reserves for a while.