IGNORED

Accommodation

Niall

Hi lads,

I know this probably gets asked all the time but I can't find a relevant thread so here goes.

I live in Perth, Western Australia and will be visiting family in Belfast then making the pilgrimage to Goodison for a ground tour and the match v Villa on April 2. Can anyone suggest somewhere reasonably priced but close to Goodison I can stay on April 1? Apparently The Winslow Hotel doesn't have rooms.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Niall

Pretty much any hotel in Liverpool city centre will do. It's 2/3 miles away and costs about £5 in a taxi.

Unfortunately they're around £50-70 per night.

http://www.laterooms.com/en/p2268/Hotels.aspx?k=L44EL&d=20110401&n=1&rt=1-0&cc=US#eewepr

Thanks Louis and Mike O

So there aren't any B&Bs close by anyone would recommend?

Mike Lyons lives out here - he's going to try to get me over to Finch Farm.

Also, where in the ground should I sit to get the best experience?

Edited by Niall

What MikeO has linked above is ok, it's 2.7 miles from Goodison too but it's a straight road.

There are some nice B&Bs near Sefton Park but that's Aigburth and slightly further away from Goodison (six miles or so).

Mike (better known as Mick here?) Lyons is the head coach of Sterling Lions isn't he ?

What MikeO has linked above is ok, it's 2.7 miles from Goodison too but it's a straight road.

There are some nice B&Bs near Sefton Park but that's Aigburth and slightly further away from Goodison (six miles or so).

Mike (better known as Mick here?) Lyons is the head coach of Sterling Lions isn't he ?

Yeah, he was. Now not doing much.

He came into work the other day for a coffee. Another mate was interviewing him - we work for the newspaper.

Sorry - calling him Mike has become a habit. A few years ago he told us he really hated 'Mick' because he thinks it sounds like a dog food.

I'm also looking at the Premier Inn - Queens Drive, West Derby. How long a walk is that?

It's also 3 miles or so (all hotels are in a different direction). There isn't much to do around there as far as I know. So far I would say MikeO's link is the best value.

Also the Aachen Hotel may be worth looking at. It's a B&B just outside the city centre (Mount Pleasant is the name of the road, it's a steep hill), 5 minute walk into the city downhill!

http://www.aachenhotel.co.uk/

Not stayed in a hotel in Liverpool myself, but work has meant staying in a Premier Inn in tha past, the one on Queens Drive may be useful as it is possible to get a bus along Queens drive to drop you off by Walton Hall Park. Lots of folks walk from further away that Walton Hall Park and you will only need to follow the crowd.(Queens Drive is probably only half a mile from the ground at that point.)

I hope you enjoy the experience Niall, and when you see Mick (Mike) tell him I said Hi. (He wont remember me but we have had a few drinks in the past.)

try epsteins guest house anfield rd liverpool apparently you can see evertons ground from the room 5minutes walk....the rumour is brian epstein of the beatles fame spent some time living there in his younger days.

although its anfield rd its stanley park end which seperates both grounds.

good luck prices are about 33 pounds a night...you can pull it up on your iphone/computer.

@Rubecola - thanks for the suggestion - I'll be sure to say hi.

@Patto - Epstein's looks perfect but it seems to be booked out that night :-(