IGNORED

Danny Welbeck

If as reported we have dropped interest on other wide options as reported (Mexican player etc), then maybe Welbeck could still be a goes as he can play across the top 5.

Loaning or signing Welbeck and a free transfer of Eto would not be that expensive, certainly if there is money left in the kitty. As Welbeck is in unlikely to sign a new contract and Vaan Haal does not rate him, I would suggest that a deal can be done, especially if nobody else comes in for him and he wants to come to us.

I would take Welbeck permanently on a low price (5M), although the loan makes more sense. Welbeck would play more, Man Utd give him play time and he raises his value for a future transfer.

I really don't think Welbeck is at the level Everton should aim to be, but considering that Martinez sold Anichebe and Jelavic for a nice fee, Welbeck is twice the player they are. I could see a team like Sunderland, West Ham or West Brom paying 10M for him in two years.

If the club finally signs Eto'o and Welbeck the squad has suddenly become quite deep in the striker position. A front three of Lukaku, Welbeck and Naismith/Mirallas should be quite mobile and pacey.

Didn't Ross McCormack get sold for £11m and Shane Long for £12m? You aren't getting Welbeck for £5m.

Didn't Ross McCormack get sold for £11m and Shane Long for £12m? You aren't getting Welbeck for £5m.

Ordinarily I would agree, but if United are going to be pushing 150m of spending, they may want to offload some players to balance the books a bit, better for FFP. They could be taken advantage of, especially if his wages are costing them 4m a year. Unlikely but possible...

He's gonna cost in excess of £12m - I guarantee that. Probably £16m is my guess.

Balotelli costs £16m, there is no way Welbeck is that expensive. Plus Long was wanted at West Brom, Welbeck is not wanted by LVG and his wages are probably impossible to match by any club not in the top 4.

I still can't understand what were Southampton thinking when spent £12m on Shane Long, but that is probably due to the fact that they received loads of cash and all the clubs knew about it. That is not the case here, the bargaining power is quite good (RM can bargain like "heh we've spent £28m on one chap, we don't have anything left but if you leave it for a cut price we might find some available extra funds in BK...") and Everton are a decent team.

I feel it's either Spurs or Everton for Welbeck, Man Utd will not sell to Arsenal and he'll not want to move to any other team. £8m (£5m fee + £3m extra due to English nationality) it's all I'd offer, not a penny more.

Edited by Kant

I'm pretty certain they still owe us money on the Fellaini deal... If so I would just take it out of that. Loan would be ideal and if, like Rom he is a success they can ask for 20 mil in the summer rather than 8-10 now. I have a crafty feeling this one has legs and he could be the long term replacement for Pienaar. The bonus of linking up with Baines, Barkley and Jags might play a part too.... Especially Baines down that left hand side.

Balotelli can cost £16m, there is no way Welbeck is that expensive. Plus Long was wanted at West Brom, Welbeck is not wanted by LVG and his wages are probably impossible to match by any club not in the top 4.

I still can't understand what were Southampton thinking when spent £12m on Shane Long, but that is probably due they received loads of cash and all the clubs knew about it. That is not the case here, the bargaining power is quite good (RM can bargain like "heh we've spent £28m on one chap, we don't have anything left but if you leave it for a cut price we might find some available extra funds in BK...") and Everton are a decent team.

I feel it's either Spurs or Everton for Welbeck, Man Utd will not sell to Arsenal and he'll not want to move to any other team. £8m (£5m fee + £3m extra due to English nationality) it's all I'd offer, not a penny more.

Balotelli only cost £16m because he is a disruption to the team and they neded to get shut of him. Balotelli with a "professional" attitude is a £25m+ striker. The £16m does not represent the talent that he has.

There are a few factors that mean Welbeck is going to cost £££.

1. He plays for Man United - they can sell failed youth prospects for decent money

2. He plays for England....

3. He is actually a good player

People seem to forget that purchase value isn't directly related to ability. No point whatsoever in comparing the value of 2 players. It's a mixture of:

Time left on contract

Which club they play for

Nationality

Whether the club actually wants to sell the player

Financial situation of both clubs

Wage demands

etc.

At the end of the day, all a transfer fee is, is essentially compensation for taking someone's player whilst they are under contract.

People seem to forget that purchase value isn't directly related to ability. No point whatsoever in comparing the value of 2 players. It's a mixture of:

Time left on contract

Which club they play for

Nationality

Whether the club actually wants to sell the player

Financial situation of both clubs

Wage demands

etc.

At the end of the day, all a transfer fee is, is essentially compensation for taking someone's player whilst they are under contract.

To a degree it is but if a player like Messi had 10 months left on his contract and he was to go to the highest bidder I would expect to see him fetch £60m still.

How long has Welbeck got left on his contract?

I'd rather go for Wickham than Welbeck

He's younger has more potential and also in the last year of his contract and I also think given guidance in a side that plays better and more technical football his all round game could potentially become immense

I've never really bought into the hype with Welbeck he's got decent feet for a forward his "blistering" pace is very over exaggerated although he's no slouch he's just a decent player who'd command a fee that doesn't reflect his ability for me.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Ordinarily I would agree, but if United are going to be pushing 150m of spending, they may want to offload some players to balance the books a bit, better for FFP. They could be taken advantage of, especially if his wages are costing them 4m a year. Unlikely but possible...

If they have to offload players to balance the books they are hardly going to do it for peanuts! They need big money in and Welbeck will command a decent fee from somewhere. I think his wages would be surprisingly high too.

We haven't brought in a single loan yet, surely will at least bring in a couple squad players on TDD. Wellbeck has all gone quiet, don't think this is happening. Have to say I think the long term potential of him and Lukaku would have been excellent. Eto'o will likely pay faster dividends but as part of any "strategy" to build a young team you'd have to think Wellbeck is the better option.

You're not wrong. This is what happens when I chug Americanos all morning. Still think that leaves us, what, 2 more Premier League loan spots?

We can still loan one other player from a PL-team (but not from Chelsea anymore) and two from foreign clubs. Don't think we'll get anyone else in though (apart from some youngsters perhaps), though I'd still like a right back.

If they have to offload players to balance the books they are hardly going to do it for peanuts! They need big money in and Welbeck will command a decent fee from somewhere. I think his wages would be surprisingly high too.

they will need to take what they can get. Of course they will want big sales but they need to get players off the books, so I can see them taking a hit on their sales

When Everton transfer links are strong and then go quiet...that's usually a good sign. We do business the proper way.

Have the links with Welbeck been strong enough to get excited about it going quiet? Not sure.

I'm usually really reserved on transfers, but I'm allowing myself to get excited that we will bring in more before the end of the window....

I would go all out for wellbeck at £10m if we could get him for that. I see a very good player there.

He's the subject of ridicule but people don't see what he does for a team. He's not Luis Suarez but he brings a lot to a team. He could be a great main striker if he gets a chance.

I would go all out for wellbeck at £10m if we could get him for that. I see a very good player there.

He's the subject of ridicule but people don't see what he does for a team. He's not Luis Suarez but he brings a lot to a team. He could be a great main striker if he gets a chance.

Then we're not the right club for him because he wouldn't get that chance here. At least, not on a regular basis which a player would need to show their ability in that position.