IGNORED

Gylfi Sigurðsson

It's not my money but i'd be sick at the thought of paying that for him.

Already proved he's better as a big fish in a smaller pond.

Edit - In response to Nevin's

"But if he goes and gets you into the Champions League, well that will not seem like a daft amount of money."

If Tony Hibbert got you into the CL, would he be worth £100m? If buts and maybes there Pat.

Edited by Lowensda

Already proved he's better as a big fish in a smaller pond.

Far from the truth

He was constantly played out wide by Villas-Boas it was only when Sherwood came in he started to get a few games centrally but was usually off the bench

Pochettino said last year that he wished he was still there when he took the reigns and described him as the perfect player for them

It's not my money but I agree I wouldn't be comfortable at £50m it's crazy money but to discount him as a big fish MOTD player is daft his stats the experts and so on all say otherwise

I was talking about their style of play. I do not dispute their starting eleven, which is truly the best in the world. Furthermore competition in Premier league is much stronger. Comparing teams outside top four in both leagues and the difference is huge in favor of Prem. They won't slaughter as they do in La Liga. Atletico is another story, they might become champions in England with a bit of luck, because their playing style is much more suitable. I guess Real could do much better than Barcelona too. What I'll be missing most about Barkley and Lukaku is their strength, which I think is vital in the final third. Barcelona lack these type of players, and their insanely high pressing style is vulnerable against quick counter attacks that almost every premier league team can employ. Barcelona's central defenders are very technical but a bit sloppy and not quite strong both physically and in the air. They could do well in Premier league, but not on a regular basis, and will probably lose a lot of points in games they naturally dominate.

To my recollection, Suarez did pretty well as a physical player in the Prem, minus a biting incident or two, and are you really suggesting that Neymar and Messi, each their own supercharged mighty-morphin Hazard, wouldn't fare well in an English side?

Not to mention Mascherano, Rakitic, and Alves, who are all plenty physical for their positions.

I think you're delusional if you suggest that such a deep, talented side couldn't compete in the premier league because they're slightly undersized or lack the intense physicality that the premier league demands. They very much could.

Edited by nyblue23

I agree to some extent, but Mighty Tony Pulis could easily make their side look toothless, which will be a great achievement, considering they have Suarez as a front runner. Оk we've gone too far into the "if" stratum here. I suggest we move back on topic.

Swansea are playing a dangerous game. They could end up keeping a player who no longer wants to be there. Of course he will be professional as he seems to be that way inclined but surely £35m is a top price for him.

I think the jim white interview messed this up myself.

Swansea are playing a dangerous game. They could end up keeping a player who no longer wants to be there. Of course he will be professional as he seems to be that way inclined but surely £35m is a top price for him.

There's no guarantee that he even wants to leave Swansea.

There a no guarantee but it's a very large likelihood that at 28 it's his last big contract with a signing fee to boot ...

In short it's probably worth an extra £15m to him.

I think he wants the move.

He said in an interview earlier this summer, that he's happy at Swansea and not looking to leave. He has 3 years left and will only leave if the club decide to sell him.

Edited by Haiku

He said in an interview earlier this summer, that he's happy at Swansea and not looking to leave. He has 3 years left and will only leave if the club decide to sell him.

he's not looking to leave, he's played for swansea 2 different times now i think he likes being the focal point of their team. move on walsh, grab another forward to put mirallas on the bench.

This (these?). I really don't think he wants to go. If Swansea accept a bid that's a different story, but I don't get the impression he'd be bothered if nothing comes of it.

This (these?). I really don't think he wants to go. If Swansea accept a bid that's a different story, but I don't get the impression he'd be bothered if nothing comes of it.

these. which is why we should move on. 35m could net us a solid player from the french, italian, spanish, german leagues who is younger and has more upside and could play in the front 3.

£35m is still a bit too much when you think city only payed £40m for Bernardo Silva, and Silva is a far better player than Gylfi. Also jim white is starting to get on my nerves i do wish he would just shut up about Everton and let the club get on and do what they need to do, he always tries to claim he is breaking all these stories all the time when most of it is just rehashed jarg from twitter and other websites. He also goes on about how well connected he is but he only ever has the same people on all the time, typical shit talking journo on the wind up imo

I can't quite believe that we wouldn't be better off with 3 or 4 players from the continent. There's still work on the overall squad that needs doing (CBs / Striker). 50m is a whack of cash on anyone and I'm far from convinced that he's worth it. Strikes me as a 10-20m player in the current climate.

Simon, Moshiri is using Jim White to get our name out there.

Every single day Jim White talks about Everton, he has a massive following and a healthy audience. One of the greatest PR moves the club has made in modern years has been Moshiri making friends with the biggest mouth in football media. He's making us relevant and keeping our name in people's minds.

Simon, Moshiri is using Jim White to get our name out there.

Every single day Jim White talks about Everton, he has a massive following and a healthy audience. One of the greatest PR moves the club has made in modern years has been Moshiri making friends with the biggest mouth in football media. He's making us relevant and keeping our name in people's minds.

Yep he's certainly getting the name of the club on the lips of people. The Rooney signing can't do it harm either.

If we are willing to spend £50m for Sigurdsson, why not add another £20m for Aubameyang? If he willing to go to China, why not us?

Is that a question really, or a joke? Being a fan doesn't mean you can't dream big, but you should have some reasonable sense of what is possible and what is not possible.

Aubameyang won't come here any time soon. The reasons:

1. BvB are still better side than us, until we prove otherwise, and are playing in CL.

2. China will offer him £300k weekly wages and bags of money from commercials.

Edited by Haiku

Is that a question really, or a joke? Being a fan doesn't mean you can't dream big, but you should have some reasonable sense of what is possible and what is not possible.

Aubameyang won't come here any time soon. The reasons:

1. BvB are still better side than us, until we prove otherwise, and are playing in CL.

2. China will offer him £300k weekly wages and bags of money from commercials.

hang on. Hes up for sale (at least bids are rumoured with AC). He may not want to go to China.

I've had a feeling for a week or so this is the "star signing" to replace Rom. We can but hope.

The China band wagon has come to a grinding halt

They have a new 100% tax law that will stop them spending ridiculous amounts on players, you spend £80m you pay £80m in tax.... Frightening

Only applies to the clubs that are run at a loss and then spend this sort of money. So they'll all be trying to find a way to make a shit load commercially.