He would be perfect in so many ways. Leads by example, works hard, creates and scores goals, intelligent, great teamplayer, good age, can play in multiple positions.

Bit of a no-brainer for under 30 million in todays market.

Definitely, head and shoulders above anyone at Swansea, I've seen them play a few times this season and he's far too good to be playing for them unfortunately. Surely competition for places is a good thing especially if we play in Europe, Ross can't play every league, Europe and cup match?!

He would be perfect in so many ways. Leads by example, works hard, creates and scores goals, intelligent, great teamplayer, good age, can play in multiple positions.

Bit of a no-brainer for under 30 million in todays market.

put better than I could

But he plays for Iceland and they're crap!

Wait a minute :unsure:.

Have him in a heartbeat. He could be our new Bjarni Viðarsson (funny enough after quick google turns out the guy is back at FH Hafnarfjörður, team we signed him from thirteen years ago)!

I like him but don't necessarily think he's what we need unless Barkley was to leave. He's amazing from deadball situations but I don't think he's as good as what we've already got in open play.

I think he offers something very different from what we have in the team. I don't necessarily want him as a weekly starter, but he'd be very good competition for all our attacking players and could certainly help redefine a game coming off the bench

We've not had a proper mentor for Barkley to learn from, so any one who has experience and would be decent competition is a no brainer for me. Even if he doesn't start Barkley would pick up tips in training.

He's ideal imo, he's the type of player that has the ability to create chances from very little

Great at set pieces one of the best assist records in recent times and the type of player that Rom would feed off massively

Definitely one we should be looking at

He's ideal imo, he's the type of player that has the ability to create chances from very little

Great at set pieces one of the best assist records in recent times and the type of player that Rom would feed off massively

Definitely one we should be looking at

Wishful thinking that Paul :P

Mobility of our attacking players is key for me this summer. I want someone in the Lallana mould (sorry for the horrible example) who can play anywhere across the attacking midfield spots, is comfortable with the ball, can pick a pass but can also press/battle - it's a shame he's where he is as he's a 'lifelong' Evertonian and I think he'd be perfect. Alternatives? I don't know but he's certainly the type which will move us forward in my opinion.

Mobility of our attacking players is key for me this summer. I want someone in the Lallana mould (sorry for the horrible example) who can play anywhere across the attacking midfield spots, is comfortable with the ball, can pick a pass but can also press/battle - it's a shame he's where he is as he's a 'lifelong' Evertonian and I think he'd be perfect. Alternatives? I don't know but he's certainly the type which will move us forward in my opinion.

Well known quality player in his youth. Moyes should have been all over him.

he just fits the mold of the outside forwards ron likes. equally able to play midfield, wing, forward positions and attack, assist and defend. similar to barkley and mirallas in that regard. he would fit our plans. 15m for a proven premier league player who could start or impact sub and would offer fantastic rotation ability, no brainer.

I was on a course earlier and got talking to a man in a Swansea lanyard - he obviously loves Sigurdsson and wants him to stay but agreed with me that he's not what EFC need (unless we sell Barkley). He said Sigurdsson's first touch often lets him down - something I hadn't noticed and that he's slow - something I had noticed. We could sure as hell do with his delivery from dead balls (the main reason for his incredible stats) but I just think there's better suited players to what we need especially at what we'd have to pay. Some players just fit in some teams/styles of play - I think this is true with Sigurdsson and Swansea.

i'm not surprised. he left the swans the first time for Spurs and did well but was a bit part player for them. Came back to swans and has been there for a while now. Probably settled with the family and no reason to leave unless they're relegated.

I don't particularly rate him, MOTD player imo.

He's good enough as competition, and would make a good mentor as he's clever with the ball, and finds space well, which are the two biggest things Barkley needs to improve. That said, if we sell Ross we should aim higher. Throw some money at Ozil just to show some intent.

Ozil is mad lazy & not a koeman type, no thanks. Would much rather have the hardworking sigurdsson.

It's a myth that Ozil doesn't work hard. No, he doesn't run around like a headless chicken, but he is routinely covers more distance per match than players who get lauded for their hard work. Just look at the statistics.

The Mirror reporting we've agreed a £25m seal for him.

Edit: Also, was listening to Talksport just then and they seem to believe he's on £80k per week at Swansea!

BBC say they have agreed a price, but the player wants £120.000.

Won't make an announcement on Barkley till the outcome of this deal.

Haha!!! Got nothing on this sorry! In two minds if I want him or not.

You are TTs man on the ground here Geth old pal, we're relying on you. You're yhe only one who can speak Welsh.

Not worrying at all pad. At his age 30m is way too much. I like gylfi a lot and want him here but not for that much.

So IF we were genuinely in for him and trying to sign him and he chooses Leicester over us - that doesn't set alarm bells ringing with you Mark, no?

He's not as good as people make out though. Leicester is a good fit for him.

Stay wise he looks great, goals and assists.

Remember Baines with his phenomenal assists, and Pienaars we inferior? Wake anyone who watched us knew that pienaar was as much to do with those assists as anyone. Stats are misleading.

So IF we were genuinely in for him and trying to sign him and he chooses Leicester over us - that doesn't set alarm bells ringing with you Mark, no?

No we probably offered 20-25 and Leicester realized they're having an exodus and have nothing to win players over so are just overpaying to bring players in. Basically what every mid table club has done for years. Overpay to get your target because you have nothing to offer.

No we probably offered 20-25 and Leicester realized they're having an exodus and have nothing to win players over so are just overpaying to bring players in. Basically what every mid table club has done for years. Overpay to get your target because you have nothing to offer.

Wow- just wow.

Koeman has said he has identified who he wants and it's now up to the board to get them. If (and I do say if) he was one of them and Leicester have taken him away from us then that worries me greatly.

Wow- just wow.

Koeman has said he has identified who he wants and it's now up to the board to get them. If (and I do say if) he was one of them and Leicester have taken him away from us then that worries me greatly.

Why? You think his list is just 4 players, he's probably got 3 for every position knowing full well we can't bring in all of them. I'd be worried if it was the last day of the window but it hasn't even opened yet.

Why? You think his list is just 4 players, he's probably got 3 for every position knowing full well we can't bring in all of them. I'd be worried if it was the last day of the window but it hasn't even opened yet.

Because if the manager wants him and Leicester can out bid/page wages us then we're clearly fucked.

Where have you heard that? If that's true and we were in for him that is extremely worrying.

I read it on something this morning, im just trying to find the link for it. It basically said Swansea want £30m, Leicester will pay that and we will only pay £25m