IGNORED

Gylfi Sigurðsson

50m for Sigurdsson is absurd, especially when Bernardo Silva went to City for 40m.... and Lemar might go to Arsenal for less....

Rather get Max Meyer in for way less....

FFS we should be signing the next Dani Ceballos and the like instead of splashing the cash poaching from teams far below our level.

Make Dolberg and Ajax and offer they can't refuse etc.

get your head out of Football Manager mode. Did you moan when we signed Pickford and Keane? they was far below our level.

It's activated my almonds all day this. TalkSport have been babbling on about Sigurdsson not being worth £50m saying it's crazy money and desperate of Everton.

But Kyle Walker, a 29 year old defender coming back from injury, has gone to Man City for £50m and nobody bats an eyelid.

People just don't understand capitalism. A player, a house, a car, a meal; they're all worth whatever a person is willing to pay for it.

We have paid out the best part of £30m for a goalkeeper and a defender each. Statistically one of the most creative players in the Premier League is bound to be worth more than that. Everton also have to pay a premium due to not having Champions League on offer. Not only do we have to pay over the odds on transfer fees but we have to offer a better wage packet to compensate. Once we break through and get to the top 4 regularly then these fees all become irrelevant.

Pickford and keane are much younger and have potential to improve and resale value. The 50 million for Gylfi is all about what he can do for the club knowing we will get little of that back.

The other worry I have is that from the skysports article is that the majority of his goals/assists are from set plays, I'm sure between the likes of rooney,baines, sandor,klaasen etc we are well covered in that department.

I think the delays are that he is Barkley's potential replacement, until it sorted for sure he is leaving or staying there may be no movement. I would like ideally to keep Barkley and spend the money on quality upfront.

Madrid have offrred 50 for De Gea- gucking hell- granted dfferent positions but him for the same price - Jesus.

I know we can't attract De Gea but that shows how high this fee actually is.

£50m in this market is about £20m shy of what will make man United even enter talks.

I wouldn't expect him to move for less than £75m.

Barkley wants to go though. It's obvious or he would have signed a new contract. Nothing you can do about that except move on and try to get some money out of the transfer.

Have you considered that he might not want to go? That he might not be happy with the contract on offer? Or just assume he hasn't signed whats been offer so he wants to leave? Hes a blue and a local lad so he should have just signed it anyway?

Sigurdsson is clearly a good player, but £50m is too much for him. Hes not ever as good as some of the players we already have.

Have you considered that he might not want to go? That he might not be happy with the contract on offer? Or just assume he hasn't signed whats been offer so he wants to leave? Hes a blue and a local lad so he should have just signed it anyway?

Sigurdsson is clearly a good player, but £50m is too much for him. Hes not ever as good as some of the players we already have.

Exactly and having pressure on him at the end of last season may not have helped. he may have wanted guarantees about Koeman's vision and see what other players Everton signed. I can see him using Rooney as a mentor if he stays.

haha who the fuck do they think we are? Liverpool? We don't do "tapping up". Stupid melts.

I don't blame them for demanding top dollar- we do it all the time. They don't want to sell him so it has to be too good to turn down or nothing.

Don't think they've accused us of that tbf, just the article adding a bit of spice.

I don't blame them for demanding top dollar- we do it all the time. They don't want to sell him so it has to be too good to turn down or nothing.

Don't think they've accused us of that tbf, just the article adding a bit of spice.

No I know they haven't accused us of it, they have "reminded" us, my stance still stands, we aren't the shite where we act like billy big bollocks thinking we can do what the fuck we want. Not sure acting like that would sit right with Kenwright, he seems to be a guy with principles. Like you pointed out, we demand top money for our players so why should we expect any different.

Sig is probably worth more close to £100m to them as he is the difference between them staying in this division where the money is at or dropping down to the championship and missing out on the big tv deals. Cannot fault Swansea at all in their stance.

Not happy with £100k a week. That's a bloody good offer. He won't get more than that at Spurs either due to their self imposed salary cap. So unless he goes to City or somewhere that will pay him £250k a week then I don't know what he expects. Maybe an extra £25k a week to match more senior, more experienced international players like Schneiderlin.

It amuses me that players insist they would play for minimum wage due to their love of the game then refuse to sign £100k a week contracts.

It is a bloody good offer. But, to play devils advocate (what? Me?! Never) - he's seeing all these players coming in on wages on par or even more than supposedly offered to him, a born-n-bred Evertonian who's been at the club for years.

I don't think money is the issue though, I think the years of abuse and OTT criticism he's gotten have made him seriously think about changing scenes. Trouble is, he'll get stick wherever he goes in England and I'd be surprised if he moved abroad.

Confident he'll stay and take part in the team to raise the Europa League trophy

It is a bloody good offer. But, to play devils advocate (what? Me?! Never) - he's seeing all these players coming in on wages on par or even more than supposedly offered to him, a born-n-bred Evertonian who's been at the club for years.

I don't think money is the issue though, I think the years of abuse and OTT criticism he's gotten have made him seriously think about changing scenes. Trouble is, he'll get stick wherever he goes in England and I'd be surprised if he moved abroad.

Confident he'll stay and take part in the team to raise the Europa League trophy

This tbh. I think maybe he just needs a fresh start away from the city, that smack in the chops he got was not the first bit of trouble he has had out on the town, he seems to keep some slightly dodgy company at times. If he went to Spurs per say, it is very easy to get lost in somewhere like London and live a fairly normal life just because of the size of the place, hard to do that in Liverpool, one of the reasons i moved away was because i found it to be like living in Coronation Street where everyone knew everyone elses business

I think a lot of people get caught up on the assist/goal comparison between Gylfi and Ross.

I like them both. Do I think either are worth £40/50m? Nope. But Gylfi will suit Koemans all round tactics better. I read somewhere that he ran further than any other player last season. From open play their stats are almost identical combined goals/assists but Glyfi will offer much more on the press than Ross and from dead ball situations.

I'm preying Barkley will sign a contract. I like them both in the same team.

Edited by AidanLewis