IGNORED

Gylfi Sigurðsson

Watching the shite makes me worried about our lack of pace

Their whole plan is built around pace.

Rk's plan is more around high energy and quick movement (note the amount of quick one-two's between our forward players in the first leg of the qualifiers).

We do have pace in areas on the wings. Could always do with a bit more I suppose!

He is a poor man's Eriksen in my opinion but that's not a bad thing, it's just the crazy price. Makes you realise how much of a bargain Spurs got!

He's that bad? I never understood peoples facination of Eriksen. Especially in Denmark... Eriksen need good players around him to be ok. Just look at the games the danish national team have played. He's hiding, beeing noone.

Gylfi is better, I think. But if he's the right for us at that price... hmm hardly.

Agree with Newty there. RS struggle when opponents play deep and deny their forwards space. And especially if they loose Coutinho to Barca they will lack creativity. It does look great when opponents try to play high, like we did under Martinez.

That's what has always frustrated me when playing derbies. It's a one off game, the fans don't care how it is won so long as it's won. We can dazzle the Premier League with impressive open football against plenty of other opponents.

I think in big games that's where Sigurdsson will have value. Fewer chances will arrive for you so having someone who can score a free kick or put a killer pass in will make all the difference.

He should also be useful against teams that park the bus. Even the top teams often struggle to break these teams down, set pieces is a good way because there's just not much room in open play.

He's that bad? I never understood peoples facination of Eriksen. Especially in Denmark... Eriksen need good players around him to be ok. Just look at the games the danish national team have played. He's hiding, beeing noone.

Gylfi is better, I think. But if he's the right for us at that price... hmm hardly.

Maybe he does need good players but he has them and he does really well for Spurs. Ran further than any other player in the league I think, which is an unuchal quality for sone one on his position!

Apparently he's present at Swanseas open training day.

I really don't think this is goong to happen now, it's dragged on far too late ng. I was convinced it would but my minds been changed on it.

There is still literally a month left of the transfer window, it will happen, unfortunately its just taking its time.

Apparently he's present at Swanseas open training day.

I really don't think this is goong to happen now, it's dragged on far too late ng. I was convinced it would but my minds been changed on it.

Might be saying good bye? Im just hoping it will be a good buy

There is still literally a month left of the transfer window, it will happen, unfortunately its just taking its time.

i know there's plenty of time left mate, I'm just talking about the deal in general. I don't think they'll budge from 50 and I don't think we'll pay it. The players made his stance crystal clear by nit going on tour or playing pre- season and their manager has said the resolution is imminent yet he's still training with Swansea.

Before anyone jumps on that, yes of course he'll still be training with them, point I'm making is despite all of the above nothings happened and I don't think either side will budge and we'll move on.

Apparently he is training on his own now.

I've had a think about this. I think it's more to do with Swansea's image. It's not just that Everton are after Sigurdsson but also that Chelsea are after Llorente. If Swansea let Sigurdsson go without putting up a fight then surely they will be losing Llorente in the same window.

It doesn't matter how much we offer. Swansea will just not sell him until it is the last minute and any chance of a deal for Llorente is virtually quashed.

I think this deal will drag on until deadline day, there's nothing we can really do about it now until Swansea decide to agree the deal. I don't think offering £5m more will make a difference.

Reports today he's with the first team in an open training session.

Best information is there isn't any offers for Barkley currently, only paper rumours. Anyway that's for another thread.

Hypothetical scenario;

What if Everton were to pay 30Mil for Sigurdsson, and Barkley was sent in the other direction on loan.

Same scenario but 25Mil?

Just looking at a left field scenario of what might be with a player exchange been involved in this transfer.

In that hypothetical scenario.

Would Barkley do as well as Sigurdsson in the Swansea team?

With that thought, who is currently the better player?

Best information is there isn't any offers for Barkley currently, only paper rumours. Anyway that's for another thread.

Hypothetical scenario;

What if Everton were to pay 30Mil for Sigurdsson, and Barkley was sent in the other direction on loan.

Same scenario but 25Mil?

Just looking at a left field scenario of what might be with a player exchange been involved in this transfer.

In that hypothetical scenario.

Would Barkley do as well as Sigurdsson in the Swansea team?

With that thought, who is currently the better player?

That'd mean Swansea would pay £20-25m to loan Barkley for 1 season... not happening!