IGNORED

Gylfi Sigurðsson

I couldn't see Barkley wanting to go to Swansea.

I honestly think one of the reasons for him leaving is to go to one of the teams above us in order to help him get games for England. Even with no CMs of any natural talent in the England side, Barkley couldn't get a look in at NT level once last season. Think he's looking for that bit of extra exposure that comes with playing for the Tottenhams, Arsenals, etc. So no chance of going to Swansea.

Where does he play? I don't get it.

That's an expensive player to not have certainty over his role.

I don't think he's what we need - I'd much prefer someone with a bit of pace that can do something from nothing. To me it seems Spurs is the blueprint where there's no natural width necessarily but lots of clever movement (which we need to improve massively) and interchanging with the 3 playing behind Kane - Sig being our Erickson.

He'll be starting every game at that price though!

I don't think he's what we need - I'd much prefer someone with a bit of pace that can do something from nothing. To me it seems Spurs is the blueprint where there's no natural width necessarily but lots of clever movement (which we need to improve massively) and interchanging with the 3 playing behind Kane - Sig being our Erickson.

He'll be starting every game at that price though!

That's all I can think too.

"There's a stand-off as regards the future of Gylfi Sigurdsson, according to Sky sources.

Everton made a bid of £40m, plus £5m in add-ons. Swansea say there have been no further bids, but they want the situation resolved imminently."

Last night on SS transfer page.

Who is saying it's been agreed Paul?

I like everyone else who follows Everton and has access to the internet will be mighterly relieved when this is done.

I can understand Swansea being hard nosed b*stards over this, after all we used to do the same. They also want to make doing deals with them so tough that nobody will want to go back for Llorente.

We just got £90m for Lukaku so we are still doing the same now