IGNORED

Gylfi Sigurðsson

Players should pay the fucking agent fees. Makes me angry.

I've always thought this too. It's the players agent, representing the player. Why the fuck do clubs pay them? Plus it's usually the agent that turns players heads to other clubs in the first place!

It's amazing how much of a transfer fee is actually agent and 'etc' fees.

I've always thought this too. It's the players agent, representing the player. Why the fuck do clubs pay them? Plus it's usually the agent that turns players heads to other clubs in the first place!

It's amazing how much of a transfer fee is actually agent and 'etc' fees.

FIFA should ban clubs from paying agents. With transfer fees, money goes from club to club. With agents fees, its money going out of the game.

There's no denying he's a useful player but the price is crazy. When we sold Lukaku for £75million I thought it wasn't a bad deal on our part, but the market now seems to be crazy. Koeman wants him, so I guess we will be getting him, hopefully he will be the missing piece of the jigsaw, as the money will be for the here and now as he is soon to be 28 there will be little resale value.

Not sure about the missing piece of the jigsaw we seam to be over run with midfield players, perhaps hes going for total football?

But we badly need a 25 goal a season player, im struggling to see anyone who will get double figure prem goals.

I still think Benteke would fill the void.

Edited by seve

Not sure about the missing piece of the jigsaw we seam to be over run with midfield players, perhaps hes going for total football?

But we badly need a 25 goal a season player, im struggling to see anyone who will get double prem goals.

we do need a target man, and I am not sure about Gylfi especially shelling out so much money, but I have faith in the manager if he thinks he is needed that badly and worth paying ~£50million. Personally I would rather keep Barkley if he would stay and hopefully around the likes of rooney he may fulfil his potential but that doesn't seem likely.

But we badly need a 25 goal a season player, im struggling to see anyone who will get double figure prem goals.

We wont be signing a 25 a season striker mate- regardless of if we have the money, no striker of that quality would come.

We need a striker, a target man. I agree with Pad that we are't at the stage where we can get a 25 goals a year striker.

What we need is one that can get 15 - 20.

With Rooney, Sandro, Klaassen, Mirallas, Lookman, DCL, they should each be looking to get into the 8 - 10 goals a season mark which makes up for Lukaku's goals.

When we are set we will not be so one dimensional and carry multiple threats. A much better team.

We need a striker, a target man. I agree with Pad that we are't at the stage where we can get a 25 goals a year striker.

With Rooney, Sandro, Klaassen, Mirallas, Lookman, DCL, they should each be looking to get into the 8 - 10 goals a season mark which makes up for Lukaku's goals.

When we are set we will not be so one dimensional and carry multiple threats. A much better team.

To me we don't necessarily need to spend big on a striker - we just need someone who can be a target and be formidable in the air. Problem for me isn't the lack of options or scoring ability but a lack of versatility.

Sigurdsson is a good player there's no disputing that, but he's not a world class player, and even in this inflated market he's not worth 50M.

That figure was put on him by Swansea as a way of putting suitors of, but we seem prepared to pay it or somewhere close to it, if he was worth that you would expect to hear of other clubs chasing him, but we don't possibly because nobody thinks he's worth anywhere near that.

For that sort of money we should be looking to fill the void left by Lukaku.

Sigurdsson is a good player there's no disputing that, but he's not a world class player, and even in this inflated market he's not worth 50M.

That figure was put on him by Swansea as a way of putting suitors of, but we seem prepared to pay it or somewhere close to it, if he was worth that you would expect to hear of other clubs chasing him, but we don't possibly because nobody thinks he's worth anywhere near that.

For that sort of money we should be looking to fill the void left by Lukaku.

who can replace lukaku for that money?

For this reason, I would spend on Dzeko and not Sigurdsson - and save a boatload of money in the process.

who can replace lukaku for that money?

Not for one minute suggesting we can buy another Lukaku for 50M maybe could have put it better, I just think we are not struggling with options in midfield, and that the money would be better spent looking to fill the position left by Lukaku.

Not for one minute suggesting we can buy another Lukaku for 50M maybe could have put it better, I just think we are not struggling with options in midfield, and that the money would be better spent looking to fill the position left by Lukaku.

I think we are struggling for creative midfield options, Barkley is as good as gone, doesn't look like Klassen is quite ready yet and the rest are more defensive minded midfielders

I agree with most of the above, we are not going to attract a class A striker

But the class B ones Benteke, Vardy, Giroud, Decko, etc surely we can tempt one of these to join

I think this is where our priority's should be. But im sure Ron is well aware and doing all he can to get one in.

We also have Bollasie to return with his pace.

Edited by seve

Dzeko plays champions league football with Roma, not coming here. Benteke is shit, Vardy isn't going anywhere, he's Leicesters main man. Giroud? Ain't going anywhere.

These target man shouts aren't what i want. Barca don't have a target man, neither do Man City, neither does Liverpool. If you have skilled forwards you don't need a target man. Sandro, Rooney, Mirallas, Klaassen, Bolasie, all have the skills to be interchanging forwards in a front 3. No need to lump the ball. Barca don't. City don't.

Dzeko plays champions league football with Roma, not coming here. Benteke is shit, Vardy isn't going anywhere, he's Leicesters main man. Giroud? Ain't going anywhere.

These target man shouts aren't what i want. Barca don't have a target man, neither do Man City, neither does Liverpool. If you have skilled forwards you don't need a target man. Sandro, Rooney, Mirallas, Klaassen, Bolasie, all have the skills to be interchanging forwards in a front 3. No need to lump the ball. Barca don't. City don't.

Well, I don't mean to be a downer, but we're nowhere near as skilled as either City or Barca, and I don't want to model ourselves after Liverpool because I think they'll fall off quite a bit without coutinho and we frankly don't have a player like him...

It's not that we always need a target man. I'm in favor of pinging the ball around when we're able to, but I'm also realistic. I think that we at least need a target man available to us in the event that we need to switch things up. We need versatility.

Edited by Matt Tiger

Well, I don't mean to be a downer, but we're nowhere near as skilled as either City or Barca, and I don't want to model ourselves after Liverpool because I think they'll fall off quite a bit without coutinho and we frankly don't have a player like him...

It's not that we always need a target man. I'm in favor of pinging the ball around when we're able to, but I'm also realistic. I think that we at least need a target man available to us in the event that we need to switch things up. We need versatility.

no thanks for me. Bournemouth isn't Barca either and they don't lump it. Koeman isn't a Pulis, i don't know why people want Pulis players like Benteke. Koeman is of the Barca Dutch style, no need for big lump strikers. Rooney Sandro Gylfi is what i expect to all interchange and feed each other. Klaassen as well in a more advanced role. Subs of mirallas bolasie lookman DCL to do the same.

Those teams mentioned play a different way to what Koeman plays, all comes down to the managers tactics, Koeman loves a target man.

I don't recall anyone saying we need to lump it like pulis at WBA

Just because we have a target man, we did not lump it to lukaku we played it through midfield to him.

We just need someone who will score regularly and I don't see anyone there at the moment to do that. IMO

It's quite revealing to see just how long it's been since we scored more than one goal in a game.