IGNORED

Gylfi Sigurðsson

I was on a course earlier and got talking to a man in a Swansea lanyard - he obviously loves Sigurdsson and wants him to stay but agreed with me that he's not what EFC need (unless we sell Barkley). He said Sigurdsson's first touch often lets him down - something I hadn't noticed and that he's slow - something I had noticed. We could sure as hell do with his delivery from dead balls (the main reason for his incredible stats) but I just think there's better suited players to what we need especially at what we'd have to pay. Some players just fit in some teams/styles of play - I think this is true with Sigurdsson and Swansea.

I don't particularly rate him, MOTD player imo.

He's good enough as competition, and would make a good mentor as he's clever with the ball, and finds space well, which are the two biggest things Barkley needs to improve. That said, if we sell Ross we should aim higher. Throw some money at Ozil just to show some intent.

Ozil is mad lazy & not a koeman type, no thanks. Would much rather have the hardworking sigurdsson.

It's a myth that Ozil doesn't work hard. No, he doesn't run around like a headless chicken, but he is routinely covers more distance per match than players who get lauded for their hard work. Just look at the statistics.

• 2 weeks later...

Not worrying at all pad. At his age 30m is way too much. I like gylfi a lot and want him here but not for that much.

So IF we were genuinely in for him and trying to sign him and he chooses Leicester over us - that doesn't set alarm bells ringing with you Mark, no?

He's not as good as people make out though. Leicester is a good fit for him.

Stay wise he looks great, goals and assists.

Remember Baines with his phenomenal assists, and Pienaars we inferior? Wake anyone who watched us knew that pienaar was as much to do with those assists as anyone. Stats are misleading.

So IF we were genuinely in for him and trying to sign him and he chooses Leicester over us - that doesn't set alarm bells ringing with you Mark, no?

No we probably offered 20-25 and Leicester realized they're having an exodus and have nothing to win players over so are just overpaying to bring players in. Basically what every mid table club has done for years. Overpay to get your target because you have nothing to offer.

No we probably offered 20-25 and Leicester realized they're having an exodus and have nothing to win players over so are just overpaying to bring players in. Basically what every mid table club has done for years. Overpay to get your target because you have nothing to offer.

Wow- just wow.

Koeman has said he has identified who he wants and it's now up to the board to get them. If (and I do say if) he was one of them and Leicester have taken him away from us then that worries me greatly.

Wow- just wow.

Koeman has said he has identified who he wants and it's now up to the board to get them. If (and I do say if) he was one of them and Leicester have taken him away from us then that worries me greatly.

Why? You think his list is just 4 players, he's probably got 3 for every position knowing full well we can't bring in all of them. I'd be worried if it was the last day of the window but it hasn't even opened yet.

Why? You think his list is just 4 players, he's probably got 3 for every position knowing full well we can't bring in all of them. I'd be worried if it was the last day of the window but it hasn't even opened yet.

Because if the manager wants him and Leicester can out bid/page wages us then we're clearly fucked.