IGNORED

John Lundstram

I think they're

hmmm... No disrepect to Yeovil, but I've got high hopes for this lad, as have many an Everton fan I think, and really wanted him to get time in the Championship. Hoping he will be playing alongside McCarthy in 2-3 seasons time, maybe sooner if we can't get Barry next season (only wages stopping us I think, can't see City offering him a new contract)

Edit: my bad, Yeovil were promoted last season apparently! Apologies to any visiting Yeovil fans! Though not for long if their results remain the same :unsure:

Hard to believe, Yeovil in the Championship? It was quite amazing when they went up. Unfortunately, it would seem they are a league above the club's potential. Hope they can turn things around and stay up, though.

Good move, I quite like the idea of keeping a couple of the lads together so that they learn to play with each other in a competitive environment.

The Yeovil fans seem to rate Duffy and I think he is doing well down there. They are shipping some goals but it sounds like he is helping them to not ship more if you understand what I mean. I think their main problem is at the other end as they cant finish off their attacking moves and in turn take some of the pressure off the defence. Maybe we should send them Jelavic as well :)

Good move, I quite like the idea of keeping a couple of the lads together so that they learn to play with each other in a competitive environment.

The Yeovil fans seem to rate Duffy and I think he is doing well down there. They are shipping some goals but it sounds like he is helping them to not ship more if you understand what I mean. I think their main problem is at the other end as they cant finish off their attacking moves and in turn take some of the pressure off the defence. Maybe we should send them Jelavic as well :)

Wonder if Hope is ready for a loan move, and if he's good enough for a Championship loan move (Might need a L1 or L2 loan, at least for his first move)... Maybe Vellios would take a move there with two of his teammates being there? Or if Garbutt isn't being challenged enough at Colchester, maybe we could arrange a deal to send him to Yeovil. Matthew Kennedy? Nah, he probably would need to go to L1 or L2 first.

Wonder if Hope is ready for a loan move, and if he's good enough for a Championship loan move (Might need a L1 or L2 loan, at least for his first move)... Maybe Vellios would take a move there with two of his teammates being there? Or if Garbutt isn't being challenged enough at Colchester, maybe we could arrange a deal to send him to Yeovil. Matthew Kennedy? Nah, he probably would need to go to L1 or L2 first.

It would probably be an excellent move for Vellios actually, I had completely forgotten about him!

the manager doesn't appear to know his name yet!

“It’s nice to know that people like Ishmael Miller, the young boy from Liverpool and the young boy from Everton have chosen to come to us,” added Johnson

“They’ve heard something about us, they’ve all seen us play, they all know how unlucky we have been and they’ve all decided to ply their trade with us in sleepy old Yeovil.

And I think he'd probably find that they'd have taken any Championship side that was interested and likely to give them plenty of match time Yeovil probably wouldn't have been first choice for any other reason!

hope it goes well for him

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think this is a good sign. A 19 year old (he'll be 20 come next summer) with nearly a year's experience of Championship football under his belt, along with a half season of League 1 football sounds like someone who could challenge for time/at least play a role next season. I would think?

Sounds about right, he's certainly rated highly at the club and being given a loan move to a Championship club at least shows that there's some thinking he could play first team here.

haha, yeovil just becomes the everton B team. i think we'll see some more of vellios in the new year if we don't get another striker (RM might wait till summer to do that). and i welcome that to be honest, it's about time we give him a proper go.

I don't think so. Martinez said he needs to be getting 70-90 minutes to improve, not 5-15 at the end of a match, and I don't think Martinez rates him enough to start him. I just can't see Vellios progressing here unless he accepts a loan.

• 2 months later...

He's been recalled from his loan.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2014/03/10/lundstram-recalled-from-yeovil

Why is so much emphasis being place on the U21s squad?

Because the leagues being split next season and we want to be in the upper league, and currently we're low down and would be put in the lower league next season.

• 2 weeks later...