IGNORED

Daniel Sturridge

Class act, alongside Saha would be an awesome front line. Loan with option to buy would be brilliant, he will be a top striker in a few years - has got the lot, skill, pace, finish either foot, decent movement.

Please let this one happen...

I would take him. He proved time and time again last season that he can score goals so I can't see what harm it would do taking him into our team for next season. The only problem I see is why he would come to us, I mean he spend a happy 12 months with Bolton last season so why would he not go back there? Here's to hoping though..

Absolutely do the deal i'd go so far as swapping him for Rodders he could learn so much of Louis, all left foot after all. Louis, Becks, Sturridge with cahill or Billy (give him a try) behind either one. I'd like to see Bily given a chance as the player in the hole picking up the second ball on edge of box

Hmm, Vaughan's been gone for some time now and Yak has been seriously injured once, was progressing somewhat then sent out on loan.. I don't hold any hope for Victor becoming a star striker, so if we could get some money in towards feeding the Yak then I'm all for it :lol:

Hmm, Vaughan's been gone for some time now and Yak has been seriously injured once, was progressing somewhat then sent out on loan.. I don't hold any hope for Victor becoming a star striker, so if we could get some money in towards feeding the Yak then I'm all for it :lol:

Sorry don't get the tabloids here. Vaughan being gone is a good thing. :o

Sorry don't get the tabloids here. Vaughan being gone is a good thing. :o

IMO Vaughan being gone isn't a good thing when you consider our striker options. If he is past his injuries then £2m was a give away. Especially the prices being touted for Shane long and Doyle. The lad has pedigree, a true 110% er who doesn't hide. Gives us something we haven't got in terms of defending from the front and running the channels.

It's a fair point, if a car was to travel at 50 mph and then accelerated to 105 mph - it would be 110% increase in speed. However if the cars top speed was 105mph - it can not go above 100% effort.

In the case of Vaughan - 100% is the max effort he can provide. Sorry to use a cliche. :D

Only just realised that it was a link - in no way did I plagiarize the site! - honest gov.

Edited by Hafnia

It's come from nuclear submarines, where there's a safe limit for the turbines but in cases of emergency the captain orders above 100%... but it really means they're normally running at 80% of maximum, err effort. :lol:

so, giving 110%, would imply that you're going to wear out faster :o

• 3 weeks later...

The thing is though, not taking into consideration the fee you mention, Codders, he'd have to be played every week for the loan to be worth it, and with our insistence on playing 451 no matter what would he get that here?

In terms of his development he'd be better off elsewhere.

But then again Romey with our strikers we'd only have him fit come September so he'd play week in week out anyway.