IGNORED

Daniel Sturridge

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Chelsea-striker-Daniel-Sturridge-to-cost-Bolton-Wanderers-3m-on-loan-article782261.html

Wheher its true or not I dont know. £3mill for a season seems a bit strong and would certainly make it a bad deal for us.

This was mooted before the arrival of Lukaku which may mean Sturridge is more keen on a loan move and could exert a little pressure over the fee

The thing is though, not taking into consideration the fee you mention, Codders, he'd have to be played every week for the loan to be worth it, and with our insistence on playing 451 no matter what would he get that here?

In terms of his development he'd be better off elsewhere.

Maybe if we had 2 decent strikers on the books Moyes would consider playing them both

Maybe if we had 2 decent strikers on the books Moyes would consider playing them both

Not a chance! Moyes plays 451 because he sees the midfield as pivotal to how games are won or lost and so he does not want to be outnumbered there. David Moyes said so himself in an interview on tactics by the Daily Telegraph during the 2010 world cup whilst out there.

In fairness, if you wanted to buy him he might cost £15m, you give him a five year deal. Works out about right for me.

If we had the money id take him, and play in upfront in every game. If louis is fit play two up there, but he is better than what we have.

• 2 weeks later...

Sturridge in frame for Everton loan

05:00 PM 25 August, 2011

Everton Football Club have asked to be kept informed should Daniel Sturridge become available.

The 22-year-old is rated as one of the most exciting young strikers in the Premier League, as he proved last season when he enjoyed a loan spell at Bolton Wanderers.

Sturridge is now back at Chelsea and determined to win a place in Andre Villas-Boas’ side, but competition is fierce especially since the arrival of Romelu Lukaku.

The Blues could be willing to loan him out again this season, and it is believed Toffees boss David Moyes has already asked to be kept informed of the situation.

Get all the latest news on your club. Visit 360 Football, the best football news aggregator on the web!

i think sturridge could make a fantastic different to our club. Big, strong, pacy and can finish. Him and Beckford could form a great partnership with saha coming off the bench.

I think Saha and Sturridge personally. Sturridge likes to play on the shoulder like Beckford, Saha likes to drop deep which makes him the perfect foil for Sturridge.

If we had a Sturridge I would happily see someone like Shane Long or Mackail-Smith alongside him. Two players who will put a real shift, bully the defenders and create the space Sturridge needs. Obviously not going to happen as they are new signings for other clubs. 9 times out of 10 I would say no to that type of player, but alongside someone like sturridge it would create a good partnership.

Probably lack the polish of a premier league striker but their work rates are phenomenal - we haven't had that since Marcus Bent. Vaughan I hope makes it back from a abysmal run of injuries, as he could have been that type of player. There is always Victor if he ever decides he wants to make the most of himself...

Pessimistic perhaps....

The usual injury's that are awaiting around the corner and the fact that we're pinning our hopes on Saha to stay fit scares me

We desperately need to sign another striker sturridge ticks every box for me dont%20know.gif

Or does Sturridge tickle you in your box?

If we had a Sturridge I would happily see someone like Shane Long or Mackail-Smith alongside him. Two players who will put a real shift, bully the defenders and create the space Sturridge needs. Obviously not going to happen as they are new signings for other clubs. 9 times out of 10 I would say no to that type of player, but alongside someone like sturridge it would create a good partnership.

Probably lack the polish of a premier league striker but their work rates are phenomenal - we haven't had that since Marcus Bent. Vaughan I hope makes it back from a abysmal run of injuries, as he could have been that type of player. There is always Victor if he ever decides he wants to make the most of himself...

He couldn't make the most of a fried breakfast!