IGNORED

Anichebe hype

He seems to have everything but he doesn't show it enough - he's shown glimpses of pace, power, flair, finish and ariel ability - I bet he would have a quality youtube reel - but the problem is it's only ever been 'glimpses'!!!

He can very easily have a good half or 15 mins but then look a totally different player. A lot of this is his attitude in the way that he's not very resiliant and if it's not going his way whether it's the crowd getting on his back, fitness worries, team playing shite or he's not getting any calls - he seems to take this to heart and rather than spurring him on as it does with Cahill/ Neville characters - he seems to take it to heart and his performance is affected.

If he can get his head sorted then there's no doubt there's potential - not sure how much but I'm sure we'll see a lot of him next season (injury permitting!!!)

osman was 23 when he found his feet and anichebe hasn't had the benefit of a loan spell or two which is silly in my opinion..i like vic but he needs to sort his attitude out and i hope what he says is true that he wants a fresh start cos this is really his biggest season now..we need him to use all the tools he has and stop showin glimpses and start doing it more regularly

Edited by marcopaulo

To be fair to Anichebe he's had to contend with injury, and playing a bit part role in the team behind preferred strikers. I don't know too many lads of his age that 'don't' have attitudes.

He was class in Europe, but always as a sub, and he has always been way down the list of preferred strikers in a team that usually only plays one.

He has a lot to offer, but that can only come to fruition if he has the starting slot in a team every week, and he won't get that at Everton. He needs to move away if he will realise his true potential, be it on loan or permanently.

For me, fans are a little hard on the young lad.

(ps, I find it difficult to post at the moment. Is it just me? It says 'saving post' but seems to time out. Often I have to refresh and re-post. )

Avinalaff.............

(ps, I find it difficult to post at the moment. Is it just me? It says 'saving post' but seems to time out. Often I have to refresh and re-post. )

Yeah mate, which causes people to end up with double posts, i spent the last two days clearing double posts as the appear. Not your fault, i dont think the forum as settled down yet, a few tweaks here and there is still needed.

He seems to have everything but he doesn't show it enough - he's shown glimpses of pace, power, flair, finish and ariel ability - I bet he would have a quality youtube reel - but the problem is it's only ever been 'glimpses'!!!

He can very easily have a good half or 15 mins but then look a totally different player. A lot of this is his attitude in the way that he's not very resiliant and if it's not going his way whether it's the crowd getting on his back, fitness worries, team playing shite or he's not getting any calls - he seems to take this to heart and rather than spurring him on as it does with Cahill/ Neville characters - he seems to take it to heart and his performance is affected.

If he can get his head sorted then there's no doubt there's potential - not sure how much but I'm sure we'll see a lot of him next season (injury permitting!!!)

Nail-on-head!

To be fair to Anichebe he's had to contend with injury, and playing a bit part role in the team behind preferred strikers. I don't know too many lads of his age that 'don't' have attitudes.

He was class in Europe, but always as a sub, and he has always been way down the list of preferred strikers in a team that usually only plays one.

He has a lot to offer, but that can only come to fruition if he has the starting slot in a team every week, and he won't get that at Everton. He needs to move away if he will realise his true potential, be it on loan or permanently.

For me, fans are a little hard on the young lad.

This.