IGNORED

Ross Barkley

He powers forward now, and has been for a while but he has the problem of having no final result. Dribbles into a dead end and loses the ball, he can't pass and can't tackle so he shouldn't be anywhere near deep midfield.

Best place for him is on the bench, he should have been sold in summer..

Only time will tell which one of us is right.

He,s a mix between the two Steve, if he doesn't pull his socks up Koeman won't play him, that's when the fee goes down, I said earlier he should have gone in the summer when we could have got a decent fee for him.

He should be grabbing games by the throat and running games for us, there's no doubting that he has the talent but the application is zero, seems content to amble around, get the ball every now and then and run at players until he loses it, then he ambles back to start it all over again.

I truly wish that he would prove me wrong but somehow. I don't think he will, shame really because he could and should be a top class international player.

Again though Bill, who would have bought him and what do you call a decent fee?

If say City we're going to pay £50m he must be a very good player. There's no point saying just flog him in the transfer window, if he's shit he won't get any decent fee so there is no point in selling him. If he's worth a lot of money it's because he's a good player.

I keep saying it.... that level of performance is something associated with world class footballers. Ross barkley has a telent level far in excess of anyone else in our side and of many other teams.

How do we get that out? Well as MC said and as I've said - he operates better from deep.. look at his goal. The lad can play. Unfortunately he has a fragile mentality. We can help him.

Class today.

Barkley got given the ball... not one player showed for him. Had to hit a 25 yard ball. Then he gets it again and tries too much.

The team need to help him.

Said exactly this to my mate, he is to isolated when he has the ball, the front three don't show enough for him, the only pass he ever has on is back to gana most of the time

Movement is critical for him, from other players yes but also his own. First half today he wasn't great, putting foot on ball and stopping dead to look around for options, just jogging around when team mates had ball rather than bursting into space demanding it. He looks pedestrian and way off the top level when hecplays like that.

Second half, when he got the ball, he carried it aggressively, head up looking to make things happen. When we had the ball, he was showing for it confidently, making clever runs into space and making West Ham's defence think about tracking him. Playing like that, he looks top class.

He has got it in his locker, he just needs help becoming more consistent. I hope the confidence he should take from today does him the world of good.

From what your saying then Steve, if he's shite we should keep him. !!

I'm saying we should keep him regardless, but I'm making two points based on a question I keep asking you don't answer. So I'll try again, and I'll follow, again, with my points.

If we should have sold him in the summer, as you keep saying, who would have bought him and how much would we have got?

My two points are that if a big team would have paid big money, he can't be a bad player. My other point is that if he isn't worth big money, why sell? It's not like we are blessed with creatively consistent players.

But, Bill, please please please answer my question of who would have bought him and how much you think we would have got.

Hey Steve, I don't have a crystal ball so I don't know who would buy him, but if he'd have been for sale somebody would have.

I reckon last summer we might have got £40m, come January we might get £20m.

I don't get your argument, Niasse is shite but somebody will buy him, so what makes you think that nobody would buy Barkley if he is shite.

By the way .. I praised him today and hope he plays like that every week.

It was blatantly clear what a fully flighted ross barkley can do for us. Quite simply he was the difference that we have been looking for all season. Build the team around him.... play him deep.

Play him deep..... Why? Options. I've always said he needs decoys, pockets, opportunities for havoc. He's actually brilliant at exploiting more players than less. Playing him as a number 10 is no good.

I was reading a match report in The Graun and flicked through the comments to see someone complaining about his goal celebration. Honestly, do we really want him to become Mario Balotelli???

Was he shouting "and what?" Or something like that? He looked to have been.

Just venting the frustration I imagine, nothing wrong with a bit of passion eh.

Hey Steve, I don't have a crystal ball so I don't know who would buy him, but if he'd have been for sale somebody would have.

I reckon last summer we might have got £40m, come January we might get £20m.

I don't get your argument, Niasse is shite but somebody will buy him, so what makes you think that nobody would buy Barkley if he is shite.

By the way .. I praised him today and hope he plays like that every week.

Exactly my point. If you think he was a £40m player in the summer why sell him? How many £40m players do we have? Even at £20m, how many £20m players do we have?

I've not said no one will buy Ross. I'm saying the opposite. If he was available plenty of clubs would want him and would pay a lot of money for him, if he's only worth £20m there is just no point in letting him go. He has too much ability to give up on him.

My point about who would buy him and for how much is because of how good he is and how well he is regarded in the game. Players and managers with much more experience and knowledge in the game are still talking him up after a tough patch.

Was he shouting "and what?" Or something like that? He looked to have been.

Just venting the frustration I imagine, nothing wrong with a bit of passion eh.

I love to see that from him. Punching his badge as well. Hopefully he will keep that aggression up ready for Chelsea.

Steve said if he's worth that much why sell him.

Dont forget we had a 50m player and sold him, anybody can be sold, the good business side of any transfer is sell for a high fee before it goes down.

Surely by that logic we'd (or anyone for that matter) always sell their players when they're performing at their peak? Great for the finances but wouldn't do a lot for performance on the pitch I wouldn't have thought.

Steve said if he was worth forty million he must be a good player so why would we sell him. He seemed to forget we had a 50m player who was also a good player who did get sold. I seem to be going round in circles having to explain myself... I'm out.

Edited by Bill