IGNORED

Ross Barkley

He's only young, he's had a broken leg. aah

Younger men than him have lost their limbs and died for their county.

What's he doing ? He's only playing football ffs, people here treating him like a baby with a sore arse, He's a man so let's have no silly excuses for him.

What's he doing ? He's only playing football ffs, people here treating him like a baby with a sore arse, He's a man so let's have no silly excuses for him.

Please, lets have the scathing critique for all of the other players involved at the club aged 18 and over, after all they're cannon fodder for you by your own rationale as well as ironically being potential targets for illegal wars overseas at the behest of whichever turncoat shit-heel is calling the shots on behalf of great britain nowadays.

One heck of a corner you've painted yourself into like.

I don't understand what you are getting at here.

We are talking about a lad becoming a professional footballer and making that leap between promising world class performances and being a world class performer.

There are plenty of lads and lasses in the armed forces who aren't the best they can be for one reason or another, plenty older than Ross. Not everyone in the services makes the most of what they have, nor do they anywhere in life.

It's a stupid argument and completely out of context to anything even remotely relevant to this topic.

Why are you all taking the bait guys?

Ridiculous and disrespectful posts.

I know many young soldiers and I can tell you that none of them go to war trying to lose their life or a limb for their country.

I also know friends that are broken because of their time served.

Yet here we have a young boy that had a triple break who is trying his best for his club at the very top level of a sport that uses that same broken leg as his main tool and , somehow......he isn't brace?

So sad that people treat others with so much disrespect just because they earn money.

No one is affording Barkley "excuses" because of his age.... I afford him excuses because he is playing in a role that requires a fair bit of bottle - experience and players that will move around for him.

That's aside I have never ever known an Everton player get so much grief as Ross. My heart broke for him at half time when Jags had to reassure him. The lad will never reach his potential whilst he has idiots barking nonsense at him for making a sideways pass.

Its been made aware to me that in pockets across goodison fans have almost come to blows over other fans treatment of the lad - absolutely ridiculous.

Loads of other players can hide and escape criticism - Barkley to his credit never hides.... but he gets slated.

Crikey this thread has taken a bizarre twist.

Barkley has tremendous talent.

He needs Koeman to help bring it out, I think the fact he has been a top international player will help with this.

He needs to have players ahead of him moving into space, he also needs to have confidence in his team mates.

When he does not have the above two then he holds on to the ball looking for an option and loses possession, or he tries to score a worldy and loses possession.

Koeman is building a new squad, once he has done this we can see where Barkley fits into this and how he performs, then make a decision. If you put him in a team with good wingers and attackers he will be the player we want him to be.

That's not to say he is not above criticism, he is not, but it needs to be constructive and fair, not just slating him for being an attacking player who made a mistake.

This has nothing to with service people who have made sacrifices for this country or those who have overcome great personal challenges. To try and link the two is in my opinion a disservice to the above groups.

Oh and those who say Ross is not one of us, an Everton fan, you are wrong, he is.

As far as I am aware, Barkley has never used his age as an excuse? The fact that others may do so is iirrelevant, isn't it.

I agree John - to be fair the lad despite having a fragile confidence is pretty brave.

To overcome that leg break was huge in itself - look what happened to Alan Smith after his, he completely changed as a player.

I don't know if it's sheer evertonism or not, but I can't remember a player in my generation that I have wanted to succeed so badly. Maybe this does mean I look at him with blue tinted glasses.

But he undoubtedly has the ability and technical ability, if not knowledge, to become an Everton legend.

Some of his goals have been absolutely breathtaking!

I also think he creates more than given credit for.

He is learning and does not lose the ball so cheaply anymore. Yes, he runs into brick walls... but it's at the right end now. He needs an arm around him, sure. But so many players do, just as in most sports and careers.

The best sentence I have read the last few days is Johnh's

Has Barkley ever used age as an excuse?

I think the point is that others are using age as an excuse, not the players himself.

Fans, pundits and journos have all possibly been to blame for using his age as an excuse. That's the relevance isn't it?

Ross keeps to himself well. Never any excuses. But it doesn't mean were not allowed to expect more from him at 23.

Merson on the twitter clip said exactly what I've said all along. The number 10 is a rock solid position - all about experience and confidence.

When he talks about the game as he knows it Merson is very insightful. It just other areas of the game that he seems a bit off on. As a number 10 he was brilliant.

Barkley needs to drop back.

It's what I said weeks ago, should have sold him in the summer.

His transfer fee is going down with every game, won't get much for him if he's kept sitting on the bench.

His value in the summer would've been poor as well after the last two years under Martinez. It wouldn't have made sense. And it's hard to sell what nobody wants!

http://talksport.com/football/everton-fc-news-ronald-koeman-warns-ross-barkley-must-fight-win-back-place-after-being

absolutely laughable..... "He played a lot, he did not play last weekend and that is the competition we have in the squad,"

really Ron - do we? please go on to explain how we have a striker who gets picked week in week out despite being lazy as you like. Because he doesn't have any competition at all and no doubt you will drop Valencia despite playing well at the weekend.

Explain how Tom Davies was dropped after playing well against Chelsea and the likes of Tom Cleverley have stunk the gaff out?

Edited by Hafnia

Oh look the Barkley threads now talking about Lukaku. Who'd of thought it

Funny enough pad the same interview he was asked about Lukakus performance..... "strikers go through patches" was his answer.

Oh yeah and holgate was dropped cos he is young.... or something like that.

Edited by Hafnia