IGNORED

Ross Barkley

vellios was moved to the reserves because other strikers had games written into their contracts apparently...could it be the case with barkley?

What striker had that, Saha? The clubs a disgrace if they have guarenteed quatas in the contracts. Pretty sure Jags must have got one in his when Heitinga came, only explanation for him not getting dropped for soo long when he was utter dogshit.

vellios was moved to the reserves because other strikers had games written into their contracts apparently...could it be the case with barkley?

If true, then no wonder we play players who are blatently out of form ahead of promising youngsters and the times Drenthe should have probably started ahead of others, thats a disgrace, shame on the club. Edited by theprisoner

come on were all a bit too intellegent to believe that arent we?

Velious is in the reserves because he is not even close to being a prem player. we have seen that when he gets too long in a match, give him 15 mins and he looks ok, but any longer and it shows he is not ready yet.

Drenthe is not bigger than EFC and until he realises this i couldnt care who he goes to. he either does it our way and respects our club or bye bye!

Haf,

Gotta ask mate and i dont mean this anything other than just a question.

But is it just frustration at how mediocre we have been for the last 10 years that is inspiring your , what comes accross as utter hatred of moyes? I understand your frustration i really do but is it all moyes fault? is he really that bad or could it be he is at a club that stifles him too.....because of the cash flow?

But back on subject i think we really need to be careful with Barkley.....but still i get goosebumps at the thought of him playing part against united.

Velious is in the reserves because he is not even close to being a prem player. we have seen that when he gets too long in a match, give him 15 mins and he looks ok, but any longer and it shows he is not ready yet.

Drenthe is not bigger than EFC and until he realises this i couldnt care who he goes to. he either does it our way and respects our club or bye bye!

Haf,

But is it just frustration at how mediocre we have been for the last 10 years that is inspiring your , what comes accross as utter hatred of moyes? I understand your frustration i really do but is it all moyes fault? is he really that bad or could it be he is at a club that stifles him too.....because of the cash flow?

But back on subject i think we really need to be careful with Barkley.....but still i get goosebumps at the thought of him playing part against united.

Not a good enough excuse. We havent spent big as we secured what we have, he has been backed in the form of wages. We now have a similar wage structure to Spurs, who used to pay double what we did. Now more than the likes of Newcastle.

Guest blueboy122

intelligent enough maybe...buti'm also not naive enough to believe the idiots in charge of contracts couldn't be possible of it

Those idiots in charge of contracts do have form after all!

Haf,

Vellios was our top scorer and then was dropped into the reserves and scored a hat trick, find it hard to believe it was down to his ability, he is more prolific than either Straq or Victor and at the time Saha also.

with regards to what you are say to haf, i think it's more to do with the fact that Moyes seems more than happy to put up with the money situation at the club, so you can't say the club is stifling him, also in the last few seasons, we have managed to go backwards somewhat, a few seasons we were experiencing a fairly regular spell in Europe(although we never really made a threat, we still competed) but the past few seasons we hav'nt looked anywhere near that, and take Coleman, he was found out pretty quickly and has not really changed any aspect of his game to cope with it, he has gone very backwards and ive heard Moyes may get rid of him in the summer as the club are slightly disapointed with his progress. The big thing for me though is that in 10 years under Moyes, we still don't have a plan B, we only play one tactic, and players have to fit within that tactic or Moyes has no interest in them ala Drenthe, Now even your average sunday league manager has a few different ways of setting his team up, this is what gets me the most, and we all go on about how much players get paid, well the money Moyes is getting paid, he should be mixing the ideas up a bit more imo.

Edited by theprisoner

I know Velious was our top scorer back then but was it more of a supersub or a regular prem striker scoring? in my opinion he was a decent sub to come on and gave us a bit of excitment, but did you watch him from a start? i dont think anyone will disagree when i say he looked average at best.

I still dont think he was anywhere near the finished article, not even half way there. I hink moyes brought him back out to let him know there is work to do. Again though just an opinion.

I still dont know about Moyes, i think he is happy here but i dont think thats because he is not ambitious, i think its more he wants to leave with a legacy of a trophy and he believes that he can do it here.

Give him some cash amd see if he has a plan B. though i look at the football we played at the start and what we have been playing recently and i can see a massive change. i think its more options we need not a plan B.

To me you cannot ask Neville to try to play the passing game, that goes for a lot of our players.

Dont forget we have done a good job since xmas ( again ) in trying for europe. would it have been better to just try other things and forget about it for a year? not for me, i would rather try for europe.

didn't he start against stoke? the biggest backline in the prem? and get it hoofed upto him? drogba would struggle with that

Barely got a touch of the ball, not his fault thou the midfield didnt create anything probs cos they were used to having Saha dropping so deep (Same happened in the Fulham game).

point taken.

But i still dont think hes anywhere near ready.

And its not to say i dont rate him cause i do, i just think he needs more time and thats why he was brought out.

If you are right about the contract stuff then i would find it hard to argue anymore haha! that would be a piss take.

My concerns re moyes is that he is ridiculously stubborn. That's fine if you are perfect - but he isn't. There is a small time mentality that has affected many of the younger fans and he is part of the reason. On merseyside the derby is huge - on far too many occasions he has failed us -massively.

I don't care whatever anyone says, we are a giant of a club. The manager gets a great cv for performing "miracles" so do the board. Im full of admiration for the way moyes procures talent, how he uses it leaves me gobsmacked. We have internationals in nearly every position.

We will play united like good old subservient everton - because "they have an expensive team" - ill say this. Take Rooney, scholes, Valencia out the mix and the quality ain't much more than what we have. However we will do as we are meant to. Joe royle would have sent a team out there to "get at them" - not Davie, he will hope to sneak one and hold onto it.

Vellios was moved to the reserves for having unauthorised one on one training sessions with Ferguson after training had finished.

It went on for a few weeks when he was getting games, when Ferguson told Moyes how well Vellios had progressed in these session he gave them both down the banks for not informing him what was going on .Vellios hasn't had a look in since.

That came from Duncans mouth.

Vellios was moved to the reserves for having unauthorised one on one training sessions with Ferguson after training had finished.

It went on for a few weeks when he was getting games, when Ferguson told Moyes how well Vellios had progressed in these session he gave them both down the banks for not informing him what was going on .Vellios hasn't had a look in since.

That's a joke right?!

I got it from a relative who knew Duncan from Formby, he moved away but stayed in touch with Duncan ever since.

Vellios was gutted, thought he was doing a good thing, Duncan thought he could help the lad out, teach him a few tricks of the trade.

Id say he was doing a good thing too. Moyes should've been praising his initiative and willingness to work on his game to make himself better!

I'm pissed off now knowing that Moyes would cut off his own nose to spite his own face like that.

Now we know why Vellios has completely disappeared; he wanted to improve!

Edited by Romey 1878

Id say he was doing a good thing too. Moyes should've been praising his initiative and willingness to work on his game to make himself better!

I'm pissed off now knowing that Moyes would cut off his own nose to spite his own face like that.

Now we know why Vellios has completely disappeared; he wanted to improve!

This with added swear words, aggression and some confusion/WTF Moyes from me.

Guest blueboy122

With all due respect thats garbage. Bannished to the reserves because he was taking extra lessons from one of our forward coaches.. Yeah sure.

nana i got it!

Velious was dropped to the reserves because he scored a goal for us and moyes didnt think it was the "type" of goal that he wanted Everton to be scoring, and Velios has not had a look in since.

Honestly thats what happened.

Oh come on!

Moyes puts his own self importance before that of the club - unfortunately I can well believe that. I have often thought that 'average' journey men players turned managers can have a tendancy to be jealous of players who have a bit of skill and class about them, "I had to work hard at my game and stay disciplined - so should everyone else"

Interesting to see Dunc being marked by Moyes in a training match - I think he would apply a few tricks of the trade on Davie and bully him with a mixture of power, know how and finesse.

Vellios looks to me like he has the tools to be a classic number 9... taking lessons off the best latter day number 9 is only going to benefit him, unless Davies intention was to turn him into a forward defender...