IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Martinez gave him much needed freedom after moyes put too much emphasis on being cautionary.

This freedom kinda got out of hand. There is having a free role and there is still doing a job off the ball. I've said a million times - he needs a mentor. Gerrard had mcallister. It's no use Barry being his mentor as he's not that type of midfielder.

Barkley could do with a 30 something Scholes, lampard, talking him through the game.

Precisely he just let him off the lead but then never called him back or aught him how to behave off it.

Myoung players need guidance and advice and the odd bollocking not just left to do what they want.

Mthe pressure is huge on the lad also. In his defence he stepped up with goals and assists this season which we all agreed he was seriously lacking.

Precisely he just let him off the lead but then never called him back or aught him how to behave off it.

Myoung players need guidance and advice and the odd bollocking not just left to do what they want.

Mthe pressure is huge on the lad also. In his defence he stepped up with goals and assists this season which we all agreed he was seriously lacking.

It's funny isn't it the difference in how this lad is treated.

Not once has this lad mentioned leaving us, not once has he said anything derogatory towards us. Yet he gets so much shit.

I could defend him based on stats like so many do for Rom... he's got 86% pass accuracy with an average pass length of 19 metres which is superb.

But I'm not. I judge him on what I see. He's lucky to be going the euros. Maybe playing in some heat will get some weight off him. Hodgson won't play him... so we will see how the new manager works with him.

It's funny isn't it the difference in how this lad is treated.

Not once has this lad mentioned leaving us, not once has he said anything derogatory towards us. Yet he gets so much shit.

I could defend him based on stats like so many do for Rom... he's got 86% pass accuracy with an average pass length of 19 metres which is superb.

But I'm not. I judge him on what I see. He's lucky to be going the euros. Maybe playing in some heat will get some weight off him. Hodgson won't play him... so we will see how the new manager works with him.

Did we have to bring Lukaku in to it mate, we were discussing Barkley!

As you know I'm not his greatest fan but he's dramatically improved his goals and assists. His decision making is still poor he still holds on to the ball for far too long but regardless I think Martinez has let him down in as much as he was at such a vital point in his career where he needed nurturing not given free reign.

The new manager needs to do something about his role imo. By now, I'm convinced he simply hasn't got the vision to be a top class number ten. I think the new manager should tell him he's going to be a box-to-box midfielder playing and they should focus on coaching up the skills necessary to play there.

Did we have to bring Lukaku in to it mate, we were discussing Barkley!

As you know I'm not his greatest fan but he's dramatically improved his goals and assists. His decision making is still poor he still holds on to the ball for far too long but regardless I think Martinez has let him down in as much as he was at such a vital point in his career where he needed nurturing not given free reign.

I was close to not mentioning him. Only a matter of time before he joins the ex Everton players who never became Evertonians. But yeah he's close in age and very similar in terms of hype.

I think barkley at his best is one of the best sights in football, the power, pace, control and balance on the ball gets you out your seat, it's like watching a 17 year old rooney... that goal against Leeds where he left defenders for dead still makes the hairs on my neck stand up.

Barkley could be a £15m journeyman or a £70m legend. That's where he is at right now. He just needs that right management.

Barkley lacks something upstairs imo. He has all the talent, just doesn't read the game well, plus he seems a bit fragile. Have to say I hate the way some Everton fans get after him, sure fire way to drive him away from the club - he is one of our own and should be held in the highest regard, like Kane at Spurs, not treated like a punch bag.

He needs someone to work with him that's for sure. He'll never be a box-to-box player imo because he really hasn't a clue defensively, his best attributes are his ability to run at defenders and shoot from distance, so that makes him second striker/no. 10 material for me, he could be the next Beardsley if stopped pumping iron and focused on speed and agility.

Wonderful talent, next season will be crucial for him. I hope he goes on to be a legend for us, but he's got to turn around the form we saw last four months quickly

Edited by nogs

Motm against Swansea near the start of the season on here and the game after against reading. He's one of the biggest let downs in the league this season and has taken considerably less flack than most his teammates who have not been great, but were not as bollocks.

Motm against Swansea near the start of the season on here and the game after against reading. He's one of the biggest let downs in the league this season and has taken considerably less flack than most his teammates who have not been great, but were not as bollocks.

I think you will find that this lad has acknowledged himself as have his team mates that the stick he gets is audible...

That's why jags had to try and console him when he thought he was being booed "rosco, it's not you they are booing".

He gets stick for making a sideways pass, others don't even get stick for misplacing a pass.

I think our expectations have scewed our judgement of his season.

He has matured a lot thos season and has settled more into that deep midfield role.

Yes we have tried to play him as an attacking no ten, but that's bit hos strength. His strength is receiving the ball from defence and moving it on.

There have been many matches that I thought he was hard done by.

But there were also so many matches where he was just plain lazy.

i love Ross and I think the new manager will help improve him. I'm sure it will be a little more structured role for him which is good. He will be commended on the good things, and told to cut out the bad things. With martinez everything was fine, with Moyes nothing was fine. He needs a balanced approach and some more competition to be honest.

True blue though, i love the lad.

I think you will find that this lad has acknowledged himself as have his team mates that the stick he gets is audible...

That's why jags had to try and console him when he thought he was being booed "rosco, it's not you they are booing".

He gets stick for making a sideways pass, others don't even get stick for misplacing a pass.

You've got a thousand posts about Lukaku being lazy, and barely one about Barkleyand that fits with most people's moans this season. It's very disproportionate considering Lukaku has had a decent season, and Barkley has been missing.

You've got a thousand posts about Lukaku being lazy, and barely one about Barkleyand that fits with most people's moans this season. It's very disproportionate considering Lukaku has had a decent season, and Barkley has been missing.

both had decent start to the season until the new year, only Barry and (I know you'll disagree here) Jags deserve any real credit from Feb-May. The gaffer fucked everything up and the whole team slumped.

Barkley and Lukaku have been nothing sort of disgraceful in the past month - no effort, nothing - just not bothered. I've had enough of a fair few in this set up.

Of recent there has only been Jags, Coleman, McCarthy and Barry who actually look like they care.

That's my recent post.

Listen if a player can't give a shit in an Everton shirt I call it out.

I understand why barkley isn't a blood and thunder midfielder, he was lucky to be able to walk properly again never mind play football. I don't think you will ever see him go into a 50 50 and I get why.

What I want from barkley is the energy to make himself available for the ball, to try and penetrate the lines. When he doesn't do this I will see my arse.

Talent wise there is no one close to him in the team. Gerry maybe but he's head and shoulders above many. Most Liverpool fans would break the bank to have him put it that way. Every single derby I have them telling me that the lad is class. He is.

McCarthy? FFS Haf

I think at that time he was having a spell of games where he was putting in some good performances, scored the goal tackling the defender etc.

On the whole I've been disappointed with him versus his first season. He still cares for the shirt and grafts but ultimately his superhuman levels seem to have gone after his hamstrings.

Coleman hasn't been his usual brilliant self but all in all the lad gives a shit. That's the point of the post.

I started off the season thinking Barkley would be worth 20 goals to us, either directly or assisting.

He started off brilliantly. Had some poor games and that was that.

That's were Martinez style comes into it. He likes the young uns to play through their mistakes, play through bad form. But it didn't work. He needed dropping and some direction (same with Stones, Lukaku and other off colour players). The new manager should be able to unleash the real Barkley.

Hope for him yet.

I started off the season thinking Barkley would be worth 20 goals to us, either directly or assisting.

He started off brilliantly. Had some poor games and that was that.

That's were Martinez style comes into it. He likes the young uns to play through their mistakes, play through bad form. But it didn't work. He needed dropping and some direction (same with Stones, Lukaku and other off colour players). The new manager should be able to unleash the real Barkley.

Hope for him yet.

I think he did pretty much end up being worth 20 goals for us Newty.

He had an OK season on the whole, but for the back end of the season it was actually painful to watch him.

That's my recent post.

Listen if a player can't give a shit in an Everton shirt I call it out.

I understand why barkley isn't a blood and thunder midfielder, he was lucky to be able to walk properly again never mind play football. I don't think you will ever see him go into a 50 50 and I get why.

What I want from barkley is the energy to make himself available for the ball, to try and penetrate the lines. When he doesn't do this I will see my arse.

Talent wise there is no one close to him in the team. Gerry maybe but he's head and shoulders above many. Most Liverpool fans would break the bank to have him put it that way. Every single derby I have them telling me that the lad is class. He is.

Barkley has had a nightmare all season, not just the last month though.

He's at his best when he gets stuck in and doesn't have to think. He's all natural talent (one of the best in the world), but no brain if given the time to think. If he doesn't get stuck in we shouldn't be playing him. Osman would have offered more on the pitch this season.

What you want from him is the complete opposite of what we got from him this season. It's such a shame because potentially he's the best midfielder of his generation, talent isn't the problem it's the application.

Barkley has had a nightmare all season, not just the last month though.

He's at his best when he gets stuck in and doesn't have to think. He's all natural talent (one of the best in the world), but no brain if given the time to think. If he doesn't get stuck in we shouldn't be playing him. Osman would have offered more on the pitch this season.

What you want from him is the complete opposite of what we got from him this season. It's such a shame because potentially he's the best midfielder of his generation, talent isn't the problem it's the application.

I get the point that he hasn't got the best football brain in the world but do you really honestly believe that Osman would have offered more this season?

I get the point that he hasn't got the best football brain in the world but do you really honestly believe that Osman would have offered more this season?

Whilst I respect ossie, saying he would have been better than barkley is like saying Phil neville would have been a better option than barkley.

agreed. 12 goals 11 assists in all competitions. that's 23.

Yeah, I just meant in the league. I don't usually go off on 'in all competitions' because you can play some right crap lower league teams. The league, that's where your consistency is at. That's the main make up of how you do over a season.