IGNORED

Ross Barkley

That's it Pete, statistics prove you wrong, find a different statistic based purely on opinions and not facts.

Fowler held the record for fastest hatrick scored in the league. He was the wristw player on the pitch that day.

Goals and assists are important, but they don't determine how good you have played. The eleven on the pitch would have been better off without him in most occasions this season. He's been getting carried.

Doesn't appear that we will be getting that elusive number 10 this year either

Koeman has already decided on Barkley's best position

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-manager-latest-ronald-koeman-11458505#ICID=ios_EchoNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

not a singly quote from our unconfirmed manager. Awful article.

I'm glad koeman is a little more disciplined and hope he takes Ross to task and is able to get him playing his best. The dribbling about and side passes need to stop. Tell him take the ball and either make a darting run into the box and pass or take a shot yourself.

I think he could be our most improved player next year

You can't insist on a player either pass forward or take a shot. Have you played the game Mark? Nothing wrong with a sideways pass or dribbling about if there's no forward pass on. If there isn't a forward pass it's the fault of the rest of the team for not making a run, not the man with the ball. If he didn't have a pass to make and kept having shots he would get all kinds of abuse from the GP crowd.

Edited by StevO

Feel sorry for Barkley tbh, I know I'm a critic of his at times but the lad can't do right for wrong most of the time. Dickhead fans (not you Mark this isn't aimed at you pal just responding to the posts) who expect him everytime he gets the ball to beat 4 players and score worldly or play a defence splitting pass.

If he doesn't do it he get's stick, it's pathetic.

Another reason to get him playing a bit deeper Pad. Less expectation to beat ten men or score a Worldy. Gives him more space on the pitch, but not where he's expected to hit the back of the net. The way the crowd have treated him the last two years, 14/15 was by far the worst I've ever seen, was terrible. He's clearly an emotional lad and needs the full support of the crowd. The Wembley video is heartbreaking.

To take that next step up, all Barkley needs to do is improve his decision making. He needs to be that second or 2 quicker. Set off from Point A and know what he is going to do before he gets to Point B, not decide when he gets there.

That'll make a big difference to his performances.

Another reason to get him playing a bit deeper Pad. Less expectation to beat ten men or score a Worldy. Gives him more space on the pitch, but not where he's expected to hit the back of the net. The way the crowd have treated him the last two years, 14/15 was by far the worst I've ever seen, was terrible. He's clearly an emotional lad and needs the full support of the crowd. The Wembley video is heartbreaking.

Spot on mate, he clearly loves the club. Knobheads on his back at the game just shatter the lads confidence.

I like him better coming from deep myself. MC has been banging on about this 2 holding midfielders since I joined and I think he has a valid point. One holding midfielder with Barkley driving forward could be a viable option. He looks more confident and assured playing deeper and I like the way he drives us forward, we look more balanced in midfield and a lot more dangerous when he plays deeper imo

I agree too. If his starting point is 20 yards deeper that gives him so much room to run with the ball. That's what the opposition are scared off. When he gets running like that he's like Yaya, you just can't stop him unless you bring him down. Big season for him. New manager, lost his place in the England team. I genuinely think this will be the year he becomes the player we know he can be. If he could have a really dominating player next to him it would be great.

I agree too. If his starting point is 20 yards deeper that gives him so much room to run with the ball. That's what the opposition are scared off. When he gets running like that he's like Yaya, you just can't stop him unless you bring him down. Big season for him. New manager, lost his place in the England team. I genuinely think this will be the year he becomes the player we know he can be. If he could have a really dominating player next to him it would be great.

I think if we buy a couple of marquee signings this summer one being a quality central midfielder it will take a lot of expectation off him and hopefully some pressure to because it's that that is holding him back and stifling him imo.

Play him deeper and lose every ball in midfield !!, the man cannot tackle so why would anybody want to put him there. .

He doesn't have to be a holding midfielder Bill just because he's playing deeper or a tenacious tackling midfielder. He can play deeper and still be a creative midfielder. He is best running from deep and driving us forward, we all know his decision making isn't his strong point, a No10 needs to have a quick brian and be clever, Barkley is fantastic with the ball at his feet running at defences.

He doesn't have to be a holding midfielder Bill just because he's playing deeper or a tenacious tackling midfielder. He can play deeper and still be a creative midfielder. He is best running from deep and driving us forward, we all know his decision making isn't his strong point, a No10 needs to have a quick brian and be clever, Barkley is fantastic with the ball at his feet running at defences.

Can't have it both ways, he's either an attacking number 10 or a defensive number 10 but I certainly wouldn't want him anywhere near the back 4.

Last season he started further forward, scored half a dozen goals and a few assists, second half of the season played deeper for some reason and did sweet fxxk all. Not good enough to be a box to box player simply because he just can't defend, would rather play Besic.

To take that next step up, all Barkley needs to do is improve his decision making. He needs to be that second or 2 quicker. Set off from Point A and know what he is going to do before he gets to Point B, not decide when he gets there.

That'll make a big difference to his performances.

This is what I'm talking about Steve. Yes I've played the game. His first thought we he gets the ball is dribble about back or sideways pass. He needs to stop that and use more instinct. That when he makes the good driving runs or nice shots. Once he starts moving laterally around the box the moment is lost

Mark come on, you actually think Barkley first though is to dribble back or pass side ways? Starting to think you don't even watch Everton games.

Ross first instinct is always to go forward, you might see him turn back as soon as he gets the ball. He does this a lot, he takes a yard back on the ball, looks up and then sees what's available to him. When he's moving laterally around the box do you never think "why is no one making a run?"