Likewise.... I take it you have microphones all round the stadium do you? You must have in order to dismiss the notion that Barkley gets unneccesary shit. Funny how you seem to think you are exempt because you don't hear anything where you sit.

Did you hear the shout "Barkley youre shit" from an Everton fan which was heard by millions on tv? Surely you did going the game and all that.

It's commonly discussed that Barkley gets shit off fans. Leon osman was interviewed explaining that he and a couple of players had to help him through it.

Please show me where I've said he doesn't get any abuse... I'm saying that from the Lower Gwladys, I don't hear a disproportionate amount of abuse aimed at him in comparison to others - moreso Lukaku, Bolassie, Jagielka, Williams and Mori... Martina was the main target on Thursday. Don't get all defensive because you don't go anymore - that's your choice and makes you no less of a fan.

Please show me where I've said he doesn't get any abuse... I'm saying that from the Lower Gwladys, I don't hear a disproportionate amount of abuse aimed at him in comparison to others - moreso Lukaku, Bolassie, Jagielka, Williams and Mori... Martina was the main target on Thursday. Don't get all defensive because you don't go anymore - that's your choice and makes you no less of a fan.

I'm not defensive because I don't go, I'm responding to the insinuation that watching on tv or getting trusted feedback from my brother and best friend invalidates my point.

All players get stick from fans.

To be honest, I've always thought it is piss poor how much abuse gets hurled at players. Talk about safety in numbers from the crowd! Players deserve every penny they get from that point of view.

I never have nor will give a player abuse at a game- on here or on the way home I'll have a moan, even at half time but when they are playing it's always encouragement and nothing else and I'll be honest, other than the odd dickhead so does most.

Opposition players get relentlessley slaughtered. The old guy with Tourettes and a voice like a ships fog horn on the front row to the right of us is merciless. Danny Graham couldn't take a throw in for laughing once.

You should try sitting anywhere in the lower Gwaldys , he gets stick every minutes !

If he takes a man on and loses it he gets abuse, if he doesn't take the man on he gets called a shit house, he can't win

I like Barkley but if Koemans critisiscm of him is the reason he is leaving then it's a case of see you later lad and don't let the door hit you on the way out

He was to used to Martinez blowing smoke up his arse and allowing him to drift in and out of games. Koeman wouldn't put up with it and nor should he

You should try sitting anywhere in the lower Gwaldys , he gets stick every minutes !

If he takes a man on and loses it he gets abuse, if he doesn't take the man on he gets called a shit house, he can't win

I like Barkley but if Koemans critisiscm of him is the reason he is leaving then it's a case of see you later lad and don't let the door hit you on the way out

He was to used to Martinez blowing smoke up his arse and allowing him to drift in and out of games. Koeman wouldn't put up with it and nor should he

Worse than Howard did though, or Lukaku when he was having a lazy day, Jagielka when he went poor?

Don't watch many, but Barkley has always got ridiculous stick when playing. So much so that people always comment on it.

I don't hear any other players getting stick other than the odd groan for a bad pass etc.

Maybe Mirralas gets some, but nothing compared to Ross. But I suppose in other parts of the ground you can't hear it.

I've sat in the Paddock for years and he gets none, we always sit in different parts of the ground for cup games - he gets none, I've never heard him get and stick anywhere on an away game although admittedly I only do 4-5 a year.

I tell you were I do hear him get stick- on the concourse at half time or after the game but he gets no more stick than any other player does. Do you think he really hears the stick he's getting from the Top Balcony, through a cacophony of noise he hears Joe Blogs calling him shite from the Top Balcony?

Only time players really hear anything is when they are booed or it's right from the front row and the players by the touch line.

Maybe the crowd down by you in the paddock are less abuse Pad, but up by me in the upper gwladys he has had more abuse than any player I've seen during the last 15 years I've been up there.

Even from the groans he gets if a shot goes over or he gets tackled, so much more than if it happens to other players. I've seen grown men older than me come to blows over it just before the end of Robertos tenure.

The guy next to me must be about 50 years of age and I don't remember a single game he's not shouting "do something fat arse" or "come on superstar show us what you can do". There was a younger lad to my left who would tell people Ross was out the night before almost every game doing coke in town.

Maybe I just sit by a bunch of pricks, but I've never seen another player get so much grief.

I've never heard even a little bit of it at away games though.

He gets a lot of groans but I think the most part they were deserved as he does squander possession or attacks like nobody else. I think Everton fans expect more and are more reactivate to play than most fans, Barry said he was surprised how well the fans appreciated his role. Unfortunately for Ross that reactiveness meant his lowlights were met by groans. Abuse-wise he was a lot further down the pecking order.

Maybe the crowd down by you in the paddock are less abuse Pad, but up by me in the upper gwladys he has had more abuse than any player I've seen during the last 15 years I've been up there.

Even from the groans he gets if a shot goes over or he gets tackled, so much more than if it happens to other players. I've seen grown men older than me come to blows over it just before the end of Robertos tenure.

The guy next to me must be about 50 years of age and I don't remember a single game he's not shouting "do something fat arse" or "come on superstar show us what you can do". There was a younger lad to my left who would tell people Ross was out the night before almost every game doing coke in town.

Maybe I just sit by a bunch of pricks, but I've never seen another player get so much grief.

I've never heard even a little bit of it at away games though.

I couldn't cope with it mate, maybe I'm lucky where I sit, it's been the same crowd for all that time and I have the wheelchairs in front of us but even when I've switched seats for cup games it's not been there any more than usual.

The psychology behind it is all to do with Stevie G imo.

let me guess your theory with this - because they had him and then we brought through a local midfielder we all pinned our hopes on us having our very own Stevie G?

let me guess your theory with this - because they had him and then we brought through a local midfielder we all pinned our hopes on us having our very own Stevie G?

Something along those lines.... like overbearing dads watching their little one fail to live up to their huge expectations.... they rant and shout at them for any slight misdemeanor whilst enviosly watching some other dad's kid boss the game.

Somewhere in there is a failed player who never got near good enough to be a pro... so he shouts his gob off to try and sort their inadequacies out.

I'd go a bit further and say if you're screaming abuse at players on your own team on a regular basis you might have some deep seated emotional issues to talk to a health professional about.

Let's not pretend no one gets stick from the fans.... Peter Reid when he was on the decline got the odd groans etc... Adrian heath after his injury...

Barkley has been getting nailed uneccesarily.

If he is to go this summer I would hope the club would insist on a buy back option. Very unlikely mind.

Doubt any club would accept that as he will command a high price in any case.

Would be great though.

I'm with Haf on that, our hopes and expectations were for him to be the players he was likened to. Gazza, Ballack, Gerrard, different pundits have compared him to so many great players. It's almost like some fellas are mad that he never turned out as good as them. It's just unrealistic. The lad is a very very good premier league player, why not just be happy with that. There will still be a lot of coaches out there who think they could have him playing like a world beater. If we bought a player with his quality for £30m I think most would be made up, but he has to be a £50m player because we were told he would be six years ago.

Still don't see Sigurdson as an upgrade. So if he is worth 50m, then Barkley should be around the same.

He will go somewhere and shine, I'm 93.5% sure if it.

Last year of his contract, the club's hands are tied on wanting to keep him as it's reported he wants to go. It's less about the player and more about the contract and negotiating power. Only hope of collecting a fee close to 50m is a bidding war (if you believe the papers).

Last year of his contract, the club's hands are tied on wanting to keep him as it's reported he wants to go. It's less about the player and more about the contract and negotiating power. Only hope of collecting a fee close to 50m is a bidding war (if you believe the papers).

Ye don't disagree at all. Not a good situation at all.

I just hope that whoever replaces him is better or can change the way we play a bit.

Ha ha what a dick head. Sorry I thought I was in the Gylfi thread.

But if you look up at previous posts you'll see several of them are about Gylfi not being that much better than Ross.

Still don't see Sigurdson as an upgrade. So if he is worth 50m, then Barkley should be around the same.

You're bang on the money with this Shukes

Mostly agree, but the length of time on the contracts is the reason behind the different prices I guess

Can't find the tweets now but there were several tweets with screenshots of betting suspended on Arsenal.

Still means nothing I suppose.

Means the bookies are doing their job of making money!

The odds for him to join Newcastle took off yesterday...before calming down again today.

Means the bookies are doing their job of making money!

The odds for him to join Newcastle took off yesterday...before calming down again today.

Yep- or someones lumped a shit load of money on him going to Arsenal and they've shit themselves and closed the book.

It was on Twitter also which means nothing. Can't be arsed finding them though, Twitter is horrendous for finding old tweets.

Mostly agree, but the length of time on the contracts is the reason behind the different prices I guess

Yeah Siggy is contracted until August 2020.

Apparently we've dropped our valuation to 35 million, with a year left on Barkley's contract I would expect somewhere in the region of 15-20 would be more realistic.

Yeah Siggy is contracted until August 2020.

Apparently we've dropped our valuation to 35 million, with a year left on Barkley's contract I would expect somewhere in the region of 15-20 would be more realistic.

We paid £30m for Keane who only had a year on his contract. I'd expect more for Barkley.

We paid £30m for Keane who only had a year on his contract. I'd expect more for Barkley.

Was only 25 mill and Keane hadn't publicly fallen out with his boss.

Under the current regime he is part of it though, Ross has not been involved with England for a long time.

Two games doesn't make Keane an England regular was my point; Ross has been an England regular and I think he can be again.

Keane had a stand out season and is highly thought of.

Barkley is struggling and only shows glimpses of ability, therefore is a risk at a high price.

Keane had a stand out season and is highly thought of.

Barkley is struggling and only shows glimpses of ability, therefore is a risk at a high price.

Glimpses of ability!?

Probably our best player over the last 4 years or so since he came into the side.

Glimpses of ability!?

Probably our best player over the last 4 years or so since he came into the side.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

He's been average.

I mean how many evertonians are realistically devastated to see him go because of his impact on the games we play? Many will be upset because we're losing a blue, but not because he's a great asset to lose ability wise.

Season after season we hope he will show what he's got in his locker. Manager after manager we hope someone can make him grow into what we hoped.

You can't have potential forever.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

He's been average.

I mean how many evertonians are realistically devastated to see him go because of his impact on the games we play? Many will be upset because we're losing a blue, but not because he's a great asset to lose ability wise.

Season after season we hope he will show what he's got in his locker. Manager after manager we hope someone can make him grow into what we hoped.

You can't have potential forever.

Completely disagree. I'd have him startinh on the right ahead of everyone else at the moment.

I'll be gutted if he ends up across the park at Anfield he would fit in great for them it's all about attack over there the longer spurs and arsenal leave it gives united and Liverpool the chance to move in.