IGNORED

Ross Barkley

He's doing well, so leave him where he is.

He's not ready for the Premiership yet, and if we get him back ready for next season, he'll hopefully be a bit closer to what we need.

I think he is exactly the type of player we need right now though. Maybe not necessarily him right now but certainly someone with his style of play.

He's doing well, so leave him where he is.

He's not ready for the Premiership yet, and if we get him back ready for next season, he'll hopefully be a bit closer to what we need.

Completely agree Avin, he needs to stay there until the summer. Come back full of confidence for next season.

United did it with Cleverly at Wigan, then put him straight into the first team when he got back.

Honestly... I would actually look at getting him back at finch farm for the odd training session. This sounds a bit nutty but I think it's an opportunity for Moyes and the coaching staff to see where is callobrated against his peers. Play him in a few training matches where he is against fellaini, if he holds his own there then you know he is on the right track, if he doesn't then he will know that getting a player of the month for a league 1 team counts for little when he is looking to make it as a premier league regular.

Really pleased that this move is working out for the lad, I had no doubts that it would. However my understanding is that he lacks maturity in terms of accountability for his decision making. Being the king pin in a poorer team may cloud his perception as to how he is doing versus where he needs to be.

Honestly... I would actually look at getting him back at finch farm for the odd training session. This sounds a bit nutty but I think it's an opportunity for Moyes and the coaching staff to see where is callobrated against his peers. Play him in a few training matches where he is against fellaini, if he holds his own there then you know he is on the right track, if he doesn't then he will know that getting a player of the month for a league 1 team counts for little when he is looking to make it as a premier league regular.

Really pleased that this move is working out for the lad, I had no doubts that it would. However my understanding is that he lacks maturity in terms of accountability for his decision making. Being the king pin in a poorer team may cloud his perception as to how he is doing versus where he needs to be.

Wednesday are in the championship now, I definitely think the standards high enough that this loan will help him fully prepare for the Prem.

Really think we should be aiming for him to spend the whole season there too as he's getting plenty of games, worked for plenty of other clubs before

Iv always been a fan of loan moves for young players as they learn about what it means to really get 3 points. In the reserves no-one really cares whether you win or lose and a bad game will be quickly forgotten. The fans wont let you get away with that playing in the first time and I bet it comes as a real eye opener to some of them.

Completely agree Avin, he needs to stay there until the summer. Come back full of confidence for next season.

United did it with Cleverly at Wigan, then put him straight into the first team when he got back.

There only concern is have with this is, and no offence to Sheffiel , but cleverly was on loan at a prem club, so playing a higher level than the championship, the same with Coleman at Blackpool, there can be a big difference playing at prem level and championship level.

Not being funny, But Cleverly is shite. If he played for a mid table club then there isn't a cat in hells chance he'd be within a thousand miles of the England squad. Personally think its a good level for him to go in at, he is only 18/19 cleverly was a few years older at Wigan I think, so who's to say he might not be on loan at a lower end prem club next year?

Edited by GoodisonRoad

There only concern is have with this is, and no offence to Sheffiel , but cleverly was on loan at a prem club, so playing a higher level than the championship, the same with Coleman at Blackpool, there can be a big difference playing at prem level and championship level.

Blackpool were a Championship side when Coleman played for them.

Not really been that impressed with him so far. He has played a couple of nice balls and had a couple of good touches but he just doesnt seem to want to really get into the game. He just kinda jogs around waiting for something to happen.

When he has the ball he is always looking for runs but I think he needs to realise that he can also make things happen without the ball.

He also gets caught on the wrong side defensively a lot.

On the plus side, I have been impressed with his aerial ability.