IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Exactly what he said!!

My point is that if he's not going to go for crazy money there is just no point in letting him go at all. Ross is still a very capable player on a bad day, on a good day he is better than most.

I guess my point just doesn't make sense to you Bill, I'm glad a few others get what I mean. Was starting to worry for a while.

just play him deeper - simple as that.

I'm inclined to agree with you, but I also really liked the look of him on the left later in the 2nd half on Sunday. He had the freedom of space and he made the most of it. Obviously, that's not where he belongs. But, I think we can do with moving him around like that, especially if we bring in a solid #10 in January.

We haven't even been slightly linked to him but each week I think more and more that Tom Rogic from Celtic would be a perfect fit at Everton. We don't really have another Ross-type player in the squad which means there's no one putting pressure on him, and we have no like-for-like options if Ross gets suspended or injured.

I've been following Rogic since he debuted in the Australian A-League in 2012. He reminds me a lot of Ross at his best: really good first touch, can turn on the tricks, good vision, very creative and he can hit a ball from outside the box with either foot. Along with Dembele and Sinclair, he's been one of the best players in Celtics undefeated start in the league contributing 5 goals and 2 assists in 10 games at ACM, and he played really well in the 3-3 draw against Man City in the champions league. He's been very impressive for the Aus national team of late too.

Someone needs to email Steve Walsh his highlights package.

I often say that "being a great footballer doesn't make you right in your opinions of footballers". I will always argue this too.... some ex players are ridiculous in their judgements.

The thing about scholes is that he doesn't say things for the sake of it. If anything he is quite cutting and tough to impress - I said on many occasions that he would be the perfect mentor for barkley.

Scholes probably watches Barkley and can see what he is trying to do - I certainly can. The lad is quite brave for someone who is lacking in confidence, he will always try something. I take it scholes is as bemused as the rest of the country as to how Wilshire is picked after completing a couple of games. Barkley is way more talented - just lacks the belief.

England for ya. Paul scholes was the most technically gifted central midfield player we had since gazza - possibly better in the way of a tempo setter etc but we played him on the left and he retired.

The likes of Zidane laughed at us as we continued to play Lampard and gerrard which didn't work.

• 2 weeks later...

I love Ross Barkley. I want him to be great. But he's a big part of our problem right now. Almost all of our attack is going down the wings; there's no creativity in the central midfield. He does need to play deeper--his passing map for the Swansea match looked like he was playing striker next to Lukaku. But I'm not sure that solves the problem. He seems unable to make that final, incisive pass. Obviously, he needs more time with Koeman before any rash decisions are made, but if his form doesn't improve I can see him moving on this summer.

I love Ross Barkley. I want him to be great. But he's a big part of our problem right now. Almost all of our attack is going down the wings; there's no creativity in the central midfield. He does need to play deeper--his passing map for the Swansea match looked like he was playing striker next to Lukaku. But I'm not sure that solves the problem. He seems unable to make that final, incisive pass. Obviously, he needs more time with Koeman before any rash decisions are made, but if his form doesn't improve I can see him moving on this summer.

He's also a big problem for us in terms of slowing our play down to a snail's pace because he's playing with fear. The Ross Barkley that we love is the one that gets the ball and then drives at the opposition instantly, without a second thought. The one we've got at this moment in time wants to stop dead as soon as he gets the ball, pirouette a couple of times, take another two touches, then maybe play a pass or just run straight into an opposition player.

We need to find a way to get him enjoying his football again, and to play with confidence. It would help if there wasn't such a burden on him, if we had a player that could come in when he's having a lull (like now). Get an attacking midfielder in in January at all costs. Please!

We need to find a way to get him enjoying his football again, and to play with confidence. It would help if there wasn't such a burden on him, if we had a player that could come in when he's having a lull (like now). Get an attacking midfielder in in January at all costs. Please!

If we can get better players to play around him that would help. I don't think he has confidence in the players around him, therefore he tries harder to make up for it.

As you rightly say a confident Barkley playing on instinct and not over thinking things is a sight to see, and makes us a much better team.

I don't get the will of fans to get rid of Barkley. Our problems are far bigger than his form and he has even been one of our better players (not hard).

We all seem to wish local lads through to the first team and yet when we have one that is good enough for the first team but doesn't become the world beater we hoped for or threatened to be, we don't just want him on the bench, we want him out of the club.

He's been extremely poor for an extremely long time. Shoe horned comes to mind. He's never an no10 IMO.

Slight over exaggeration maybe?

He was our best player in the first half of last season and has probably been our 2nd or 3rd best player so far this season.

Theoretically he could play anywhere in midfield but he needs to be played as a physical/dynamic player not as a playmaker or creative outlet. He has that in his locker but he won't show it every game, especially when teams park the bus. They are the games he should be playing deeper.

He was OK for the 1st half of last season when everybody was OK, then after Christmas they were all dogshite. He has played about two good games since and had several warnings from Koeman.

It's like he can't be bothered so if he doesn't want to work his bollocks of for the shirt give it to somebody else, that also goes for the rest of the squad.

Dogs of war I can put up with, but i can't put up with slackers being paid enormous amounts of money for doing took all.

They need to read the quote below my posts.