IGNORED

Ross Barkley

I'm sorry but the lad needs "pictures" in front of him..... pockets of space, team mates etc. As it stands all he has is Lukaku and his movement is non existent.

Either play another striker up front with Rom or drop Ross deeper. His best moments of play come from being in deeper positions where he has space to attack and stretch his legs - from this the disruption of him running at defenders creates opportunities for Lukaku to get released.

Barkley or the player we need to bring in?

I do think Barkley can play box to box. He is young enough and should bloody well be fit enough. He will probably end up on the right of a flat midfield 3.

I think with 3 players in front of him he will get less attention from defenders, you should start to see more shots coming in from him too.

I don't think there is a midfielder in the Premier League that can muscle him off the ball in a 1v1. Just get him to turn and face the right way and play a simple ball to the players ahead of him.

Yeah, Ross, be interesting to see, but it's doubtful.

Nobody else can play that 10 role in our squad though.

I'm sorry but the lad needs "pictures" in front of him..... pockets of space, team mates etc. As it stands all he has is Lukaku and his movement is non existent.

Either play another striker up front with Rom or drop Ross deeper. His best moments of play come from being in deeper positions where he has space to attack and stretch his legs - from this the disruption of him running at defenders creates opportunities for Lukaku to get released.

I can't understand why Martinez & Koeman haven't played him deeper. It's easy to see that's his best position.

I'm starting to think he needs to go elsewhere to kickstart his career. I hate saying that, but he is a shadow of the player he looked two years ago, he is by and large completely ineffective in a creative capacity, and those calling for him to play deeper are missing out on the fact that he is bloody useless defensively. His confidence is shattered, and clearly Koeman isn't the man to turn that around. I think someone like Eddie Howe would work wonders with him, playing technical, creative football without the complete disregard for structure that Martinez showed. Or maybe a Wenger, he should be an Aaron Ramsey type. On current form he has no chance of going to Arsenal though.

I stioll keep my fingers crossed he will turn it around, but you can't hold on to empty dreams forever.

Time for him to move on - really?

Lets face the facts he is, a quality younger player still only 22, created the most assists for us last season, on his day is a very dangerous player. On top of that he loves the club and is one of us.

If we sell him how much will we have to spend to replace him, and what sort of message does that send out to the other academy players, that they will never get a chance even if they are as talented as Ross?

Ross is the type of player that makes a good team better, its not easy to make incisive passes or create chances if there is no movement ahead of you which there has not been as confidence has been low for the last month.

We need to see how Koeman develops his squad after another couple of transfer windows and see how Ross fits in then before we start calling for him to be sold.

Lets face the facts he is, a quality younger player still only 22, created the most assists for us last season, on his day is a very dangerous player. On top of that he loves the club and is one of us.

If we sell him how much will we have to spend to replace him, and what sort of message does that send out to the other academy players, that they will never get a chance even if they are as talented as Ross?

Ross is the type of player that makes a good team better, its not easy to make incisive passes or create chances if there is no movement ahead of you which there has not been as confidence has been low for the last month.

We need to see how Koeman develops his squad after another couple of transfer windows and see how Ross fits in then before we start calling for him to be sold.

exactly this - the number of times I have seen the lad with the ball and all he has is a statue in front of him is a joke.... he's not a miracle worker.

'one of us' this is my argument, who cares? if he wasnt 'one of us' would you still be looking at it the same?

he's had numerous opportunities over the last few years, especialy under Martinez and he doesnt seem to be improving. He is talented on his day but he doesnt show it often enough. If there is a strong case for Lukaku to go then the case for Barkley to go must be just as strong.

Dont miss your window of opportunity, thats the message it gives to the younger players.

I always look for that well used excuse "he's only young". London blue come up with it this time.

A 17 year old played for Spurs last week, another played for Southampton, and, another scored for the shite last night.

17 is young for the premier but 22.!! ffs men of 18 are dieing and being blown up in the forces.

At 22 Barkley's a Man and should be acting like one, please stop using that he's only young as an excuse.

I agree the whole age thing is absolute nonsense - I've seen him have his best games for us when he was under 20... it just so happens that this came about when he was used in a deeper central position.

I actually don't care if he is one of us... its nice but not essential.

What I do care about is that he is the most lavishly talented young player we have had since Rooney - mentally he needs support and just has not had that. He desperately wants to succeed - you can see that and he deserves to do well. He needs players running for him - stick David Silva in our side and he would struggle with us playing statues up front.

Watching Barkley actually hurts at the moment, and I feel bad for him. You can see the fear in his play and it's not nice to see. The lad is clearly talented, he's got more talent than the likes of Henderson for example, but for whatever reason he can't apply that immense talent whereas others with lesser talent can.

I am desperate for him to succeed here and I truly hope we don't ever come to a point where we're forced to give up on him.

exactly this - the number of times I have seen the lad with the ball and all he has is a statue in front of him is a joke.... he's not a miracle worker.

There is more than one other player in the team and at least two others who should be ahead of Barkley. Maybe if one of them got forward Rom could find some space.

I always look for that well used excuse "he's only young". London blue come up with it this time.

A 17 year old played for Spurs last week, another played for Southampton, and, another scored for the shite last night.

17 is young for the premier but 22.!! ffs men of 18 are dieing and being blown up in the forces.

At 22 Barkley's a Man and should be acting like one, please stop using that he's only young as an excuse.

No offence, but is the above from the little book of Bristow wisdom? We've had a player play for us, his name is Paul Gascoigne and although his age is 49 he looks like he's 60 and has always conducted himself in the manner of a 7 year old child turbo'd off his bonce off of haribo and sunny D.

So far as Barkley goes, I wonder if the very serious leg break he suffered and the long painful road back to full use and fitness has caused a mental block especially when its a kicking contest in the middle of the park. Also the pressure and expectation loaded onto him by blues and neutrals alike to follow up on his breakthrough season is a millstone around his neck because after all hes the latest in a long line of top talent produced from that famous Everton youth setup program.

Made the point elsewhere, the players we have that are useful on the deck can be bypassed by taking the game aerially and grinding us down with petty fouls and sly kicks on the odd occasion we get some time and space with the ball on the floor. We are too predictable and too easily bullied out of games, it isn't Barkleys fault he isn't a scrapper like Cahill or a tank like Yakubu or 6 and a half feet tall with a fro like Fellaini etc etc.

Oh, on a side note, Paul Scholes wasn't running that United side at 22, and that side had standout players almost everywhere. Shame on Ross 'Maradona' Barkley eh!

That's not difficult though, I could've done that at eighteen no problem. Couldn't have played pro football, don't understand the connection.

Don't talk about legbreaks mate, we have ex.Forces men with no legs running marathons and climbing mountains it takes guts and determination to overcome something like that.

Barkley's obviously got talent but he hasn't got the spirit to put it behind him, he's not the only one in the team that needs to knuckle down and pull their fingers out.

Don't talk about legbreaks mate, we have ex.Forces men with no legs running marathons and climbing mountains it takes guts and determination to overcome something like that.

Barkley's obviously got talent but he hasn't got the spirit to put it behind him, he's not the only one in the team that needs to knuckle down and pull their fingers out.

How many premier league assists do they have? Or does the prosthetic manufacturer get the credit?

Mike the connection is the excuse of him being too young when there's younger men than him fighting wars. He's a full grown man and shouldn't be excused because of his age.

People in all walks of life get better at their jobs as they gain more experience for sure (soldiers included). It was just the point you made that eighteen year olds are being blown up and dying, that doesn't take any talent so I don't get the connection.