IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Rodwell was terrible. Shockingly bad.... poor touch, poor pass, quite as a lamb (he was supposed to be captain) a complete waste of space. England looked a different team when lansbury replaced him. Ross played a blinder for his first cap, loooked calm and confident, was good to see the more experienced players really egging him on aswell.

• 1 month later...

why hasn't he been featuring for us? Is he injured? I would certainly play him on the left before Osman. Is Moyes nervous about him playing a blinder before he signs his contract in December and the likes of city offering him daft wages to join them?

Id have Roy on the left before both of them, but that would be using the misappropriately named "common" sense...

why hasn't he been featuring for us? Is he injured? I would certainly play him on the left before Osman. Is Moyes nervous about him playing a blinder before he signs his contract in December and the likes of city offering him daft wages to join them?

I really do scratch my head when people are actually WANTING Barkley on the wing. Never in a million years is the lad a wide player.

Only explanation

or Moyes has his favourites fit and is going to stick with them....

or Barkley isnt playin well in training and not deserving a place.....

or everyone is playing better than him (at least in Moyes' eyes) ....

or he is injured and we havent heard of it .....

plenty of possible explanations!

• 2 weeks later...

The Nigerian Football Federation's press officer has just tweeted that Nigeria may be interested in approaching Barkley. They've just convinced Shola Ameobi and Victor Moses that their international career future lies with Nigeria.

I was waiting for the punchline. Ambitious, can't blame them for trying.

It seems to me that moyes only puts his rock solid favourites down the spine of the team,

I really do scratch my head when people are actually WANTING Barkley on the wing. Never in a million years is the lad a wide player.

I don't necessarily want Barkley on the wing, would rather see him behind the striker to be honest, however based on moyes annoying insistence on only playing his favs centrally we have no other option.

• 1 month later...

Anyone else see this from BBC Gossip Column on wednesday? I suppose it's good that he wants to play, and also that he trusts moyes.

'Talented Everton youngster Ross Barkley, 18, has admitted he is frustrated with his lack of first-team opportunities at Goodison Park but says he still has faith in manager David Moyes to oversee his development.'

Echo article. http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2011/12/13/everton-fc-prospect-ross-barkley-trusts-david-moyes-to-guide-him-into-efc-first-team-when-time-is-right-100252-29942967/

But how long before he gets fed with being behind lacklustre Cahill, Bily et al when he's arguably performed better than them when he has been given the opportunity.

Article also says he will sign a contract this week. Nice early Xmas pressie for him and the team.

The article was in the Evertonian so it's as "Everton friendly" as you are going to get.

Privately i'm sure he's watching with interest/confusion at the lack of creativity we are showing and I am sure he is at the point of tearing his hair out. Hopefully he will be given an opportunity against Norwich. He had a great game by all accounts against palace in the youth cup so we shall see...

He's signed now.

Great news, hopefully we'll play him now!

Brilliant, I just hope he turns out to be at least half the player people are making him out to be. Ive seen flashes of brilliance so far, but not nearly enough to bet my life savings on him becoming a world class player yet.