IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Mark come on, you actually think Barkley first though is to dribble back or pass side ways? Starting to think you don't even watch Everton games.

Ross first instinct is always to go forward, you might see him turn back as soon as he gets the ball. He does this a lot, he takes a yard back on the ball, looks up and then sees what's available to him. When he's moving laterally around the box do you never think "why is no one making a run?"

He stalls a lot on the ball and misses the run.

Mark come on, you actually think Barkley first though is to dribble back or pass side ways? Starting to think you don't even watch Everton games.

Ross first instinct is always to go forward, you might see him turn back as soon as he gets the ball. He does this a lot, he takes a yard back on the ball, looks up and then sees what's available to him. When he's moving laterally around the box do you never think "why is no one making a run?"

Steve o think it was coached out of him. I think he best when instinctual. He was first RM season and showed flashes of it since. But he was allowed to dither a lot and not corrected, he just needs more guidance. I think it's a coaching issue, Haf thinks it's an issue an older "mentor" player could help fix, sure. I just think RM "Ross needs freedom to express himself" was too much freedom and it ended up hindering him.

Steve o think it was coached out of him. I think he best when instinctual. He was first RM season and showed flashes of it since. But he was allowed to dither a lot and not corrected, he just needs more guidance. I think it's a coaching issue, Haf thinks it's an issue an older "mentor" player could help fix, sure. I just think RM "Ross needs freedom to express himself" was too much freedom and it ended up hindering him.

I agree with that totally freedom without guidance has been his downfall. Everyone needs pointing in the right direction now and again. Being told to "go and Express yourself" isn't helping anyone.

I agree about total freedom, not good for anyone. Needed direction. A mentor can be a coach, a manager or as Haf says another player. But he needs to have someone to put structure in his game. Areas where he has to work hard, areas where he has freedom, and also people making runs to get on the end of. Got to be said though, the Goodison crowd has not helped him, he's been so scared of the crowd when he's been down on confidence, he got grief when he needed support.

I agree about total freedom, not good for anyone. Needed direction. A mentor can be a coach, a manager or as Haf says another player. But he needs to have someone to put structure in his game. Areas where he has to work hard, areas where he has freedom, and also people making runs to get on the end of. Got to be said though, the Goodison crowd has not helped him, he's been so scared of the crowd when he's been down on confidence, he got grief when he needed support.

yep i agree structure is needed for sure. and yes the crowd needs to get behind him. if lukaku stays i'd like to get the top with his name, if he leaves i'm getting ross. my new favorite player now that baines is getting older. love that he's a true blue and i really hope he's able to have a great season!

What's the problem Haf? It's not like he'll get blamed for anything while he isn't playing.

It's morale crushing. Watching James fookin Milner and wilshire come on instead of him.... believe it or not I think he would get into the majority of other teams at the championships.

Hodgson hates him.managers like him do.

And yet he's got twenty-two caps under him; more than (as I've said before) Lampard, Gerrard and Beckham had between them at twenty-one.

Can't hate him that much.

maybe Hodgeson and his criticism is the counterbalance to Robertos blind optimism?

And yet he's got twenty-two caps under him; more than (as I've said before) Lampard, Gerrard and Beckham had between them at twenty-one.

Ross has Started 8 games... average 47 minutes per appearance despite being Motm for 3 or 4 of his starts.

James Milner started 23 games average 60 minutes per appearance.

Jordan henderson started 16 average 59 minutes per appearance.

Jack wilshire has started as many games as him and averaged 59 minutes.

All players have had more minutes than barkley under hodgson.

Ross has Started 8 games... average 47 minutes per appearance despite being Motm for 3 or 4 of his starts.

only Wilshere is comparible, the other 2 have been around a lot longer.

Hodgson is a dick I've always said the same, he's boring non adventurous and just like Sven has his favourite players (funny most of them play for a team he used to manage).

Barkley will be seen as too flashy for his liking. If he played safe possession football he'd be picked all day long. It was different in the qualifiers as your given more than one chance lose and it's not the end of the world. Now it's competition time he's back to safety first he's to blame for Moyes lack of attacking football he spent 3 months with him whilst doing his badges.

Someone fucking needs to!

Just letting him do whatever he wants was stupid. Yes, he needed freedom but he's also at a stage of his career where he's learning. How can he learn if no one was telling him what he needs to do?!

He's not going to perform to good in pre season if he has to lose 5kg of muscle...that's 11 pound. Almost a stone. He'll lethargic as he'll. All the info I can find on him say he is 6ft 2 and weighs 12stone (that can't be right...must be an old weight!). I'd put him around 13st, lean. 13.5st at most.

Just learn to play with it and use it to your advantage.

Start by shifting 5kg of hollywood muscle that he doesnt need. I said a while ago i was concerned about how bulky he was. Brilliant physique but not suitable for his role.

A hard pre season, some mentoring and management and hopefully we see the player i know he is.

The lads built like that so either people accept that or move him to a different position.